Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car service in Naas

Options
  • 21-09-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get my car serviced in Naas, and possibly get my brake discs and pads replaced.Can anyone recommend a good garage / mechanic who is reliable and won't rip me off?Anyone used Naas Tyre & Auto?I've had bad experiences with main dealers in the past so I want to avoid them if possible!Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

What make/model is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

245 wrote: »
    What make/model is it?

It's a Ford Mondeo diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Pat Fahy. Will do a top class job.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dos1965

Recommend Eugene at Autowise in the industrial estate opposite the Storm cinema. No connection but very happy with work done over the years.

http://www.autowise.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

dos1965 wrote: »
    Recommend Eugene at Autowise in the industrial estate opposite the Storm cinema. No connection but very happy with work done over the years.

Most definitely second Eugene O'Shea also.

Industrial estate across the road from Storm. Used to do all the services for the company I work for van's etc, was impressed with quality/price od work that the wife and I switched to getting him to work on our cars too.

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    dos1965 wrote: »

Most definitely second Eugene O'Shea also.

Industrial estate across the road from Storm. Used to do all the services for the company I work for van's etc, was impressed with quality/price od work that the wife and I switched to getting him to work on our cars too.

Thanks for the suggestions guys,will make some calls next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Have to add praise to auto wise , I left my car in for some work when I went on holiday last June.called in and he gave me a price of €420 with a possible another €50 if a particular item is needed.came back from holidays and went to collect the car.he charged €380 and said the work went really smooth and didn't take as long ! :D

I was amazed at the service and honesty . I said to him fair play for being honest and his response was that he has the facilities and just wants to make reasonable wage.

No connection just a happy customer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 momstaxi

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions guys,will make some calls next week.
    Just returned from working in New Zealand.
    We just a bought a family car, 04 vw touran, and need to get it serviced.
    How did you get on with your phone calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dunnariogh

not quiet nass,but i would highly recommend MKW motors in baldonnell business park off the nass rd,got my car and the wifes done last year,very profesional job done and a reasonable price too.

momstaxi wrote: »
    Just returned from working in New Zealand.
    We just a bought a family car, 04 vw touran, and need to get it serviced.
    How did you get on with your phone calls?

I'm booked for a service with Autowise on Monday. Will let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    I'm booked for a service with Autowise on Monday. Will let you know how I get on.

Can you update the thread on how you got on with Autowise? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

JLR in Toughers I would also recommend...Padraic is the main man there..nice lad and great mechanic. Also has an ex Sheehys mechanic working there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 momstaxi

I asked the guys in the ambulance service where they get their cars done too and they recommended Russell in the Naas Tyre Services, across the road from them.

I rang and they directed me to the their website, as we spoke, which i liked because they had prices there too, http://www.naastyres.ie/

Pleased with the quote, I booked the car in only last Monday (shift work really messes up my sleep!) My husband collected the car later that day and was impressed with their honesty too. We were advised to get break pads and disks very soon and they gave him a written quote on the work needed on the car over the coming months. I knew we needed extra work.

Its good to read that there are a few garages here to trust. :D

Girls, I'm happy to recommend this company.
    Not even a girlie calender in sight!;)

I meant to post here about how I got on but it slipped my mind until now. Got the service done with Autowise, only charged me for an intermediate service instead of the full service as they said that was all that was needed. They checked my pads/discs and said they are fine for now,so I've no complaints overall and will be bringing the car back to them in spring for it's next service (hopefully I won't have any problems before then!).

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

When looking for a service done on your car i would suggest going to a garage and not a tyre centre, there cowboys that work on your car and majority havent a clue other than fitting exhausts/tyres etc...

I just dont get it when i see people going to a tyre centre to have there car serviced, they charge less as they wouldnt have the knowledge a garage would hence why i say to people you pay for what you get...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

Hi guys just to let you know ive used naas tyres and auto services a good bit and find them spot on, the boss is called russel and a qualified mechanic can do anything you require even engine and gearbox rebuild etc and the charge fair prices too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Car serviced in Auto Wise recently, no complaints.

Car serviced in Auto Wise recently, no complaints.

I returned to Auto Wise recently for a service. There was a good bit of work that needed to be done (not 100% unexpected), but Eugene explained everything very well and phoned me as he came across each thing. It's no less than any garage should do but I've been to other garages before and some have just gone ahead and done the work without having the decency to check first. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Just reading through the thread and don't no where to go. Just bought a Pug 207 but it has a Cooper S engine in it was looking for a full service, pads and discs etc. Need to give the car a good going over and was wondering who my best bet is. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

-gilly-09- wrote: »
    Just reading through the thread and don't no where to go. Just bought a Pug 207 but it has a Cooper S engine in it was looking for a full service, pads and discs etc. Need to give the car a good going over and was wondering who my best bet is. Cheers

It's has a cooper s engine? What engine is that exactly just out of interest? Eugene in Autowise would Prob be a good suggestion,Otherwise Pat Fahy motors who are right beside Autowise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I'd like to endorse Eugene at Autowise aswell. He did an intermediate service on my wifes car recently and have no complaints. Had got front tyres replaced recently at Naas Tyres and was told that front brake pads needed to be changed. Was a bit confused as they had only been done about 18,000km ago. Removed the wheels myself afterwards and they have at least many years left on them. Eugene confirmed same when he did service.
    They are top lads over there and will be using them from now on for servicing and I am fussy where I get my car serviced

Advertisement