Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant anaconda photographed

Options
  • 21-09-2011 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭

No, it is not the fabled 30 meter anaconda of old stories- not even the 9 meters supossed to be the species' maximum length. What's amazing about it, though, is that despite being only 5.4 meters long, this green anaconda (Eunectes murinus) captured and photographed in Guyana weighed 100 kgs! Pretty amazing for a snake.

article-2038774-0DF4B33400000578-679_634x449.jpg

article-2038774-0DF4B34800000578-189_634x543.jpgarticle-2038774-0DF4B33C00000578-769_634x423.jpg

Green anacondas are considered to be the largest snakes in the world. Despite Reticulated Pythons being potentially longer, the green anaconda is thicker and more muscular- at same length, an anaconda would be around twice the weight of a retic.

By the way, it seems funny to me that the Daily Mail refers to the guy who captured the anaconda as "a real-life Indiana Jones", seing as Indy was terrified of snakes- normal sized snakes. :D

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Adam Khor wrote: »
    By the way, it seems funny to me that the Daily Mail refers to the guy who captured the anaconda as "a real-life Indiana Jones", seing as Indy was terrified of snakes- normal sized snakes. :D

Correct, surely he's a real life jennifer lopez, since she was the hero of the film Anaconda :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Correct, surely he's a real life jennifer lopez, since she was the hero of the film Anaconda :pac:

Never liked that film... I mean c´mon! I can ignore the fact that the snake has facial expressions, shrieks like some sort of demon, and looks very, very fake, but PLEASE! Even with those expandable jaws, no anaconda would EVER be able to swallow Jenniffer Lopez's humongous butt! :cool:

Advertisement