Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what BB provider?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Folks I am plebeian (sp?) in asking this need advice re who to go with.
    Need BB for average 'home' use.

What I have now:
    BB by UPC (cannot stand them, cust service atrocious, pricey for standalone) and the router is packing in
    +
    TV with Sky
    +
    no landline (no need/don't want)

What I need:
    BB by anyone whom gives better cust service/cheaper/can offer it as part of package
    +
    Dig. TV (Sky is suiting us but would consider a switch)
    +
    still no landline

Tried to get in touch with UTV as they look competitive, no joy but can keep trying. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You already have the best out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wish I had UPC, some people don't know how good they have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Lolwut?

You say UPC is too expensive for standalone, but you have sky? Get TV with UPC too. Even at that, UPC provide the cheapest solution for the speeds they provide. Still no need to get a phone with them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roast wrote: »
    Lolwut?

You say UPC is too expensive for standalone, but you have sky? Get TV with UPC too. Even at that, UPC provide the cheapest solution for the speeds they provide. Still no need to get a phone with them either.

UPC has poor tv service,the broadband is great-here's a tip to save on the standalone charge: Order the phoneline aswell from UPC and the standalone charge is reduced (you don't actually have to ever use the phone)

Try Digiweb Metro for broadband if you can get it in your area,the other tv option is freesat but that depends on what channels are watched,it may not suit everyone (me included)

Advertisement