Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that annoy you...

• 21-09-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

Aside from "people posting on discussion fora giving out about things that annoy them", what annoys you?

For me, it has to be something I had long forgotten but rediscovered tonight: the people whom you meet in classes who monopolise the conversation to the extent of not allowing the lecturer/teacher, the person whose expertise you are paying to hear, to teach you and everybody else.

Everybody tries to be polite to them, but you can see the eyes being raised as time after time the same person interrupts to redirect the class to whatever flight of fancy he or she has taken. It is shameful than any adult with a smidgen of sensitivity or respect could be oblivious to their selfishness among a group of people.

Anyway, what annoys you?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Repetition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Still Dublin Bus and old people....and especially old people on Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Repetition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Repetition
    Repetition

Repetition
    mackg wrote: »
    Repetition
    Dean09 wrote: »
    Repetition

Repetition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Dionysus wrote: »
    Aside from "people posting on discussion fora giving out about things that annoy them", what annoys you?

For me, it has to be something I had long forgotten but rediscovered tonight: the people whom you meet in classes who monopolise the conversation to the extent of not allowing the lecturer/teacher, the person whose expertise you are paying to hear, to teach you and everybody else.

Everybody tries to be polite to them, but you can see the eyes being raised as time after time the same person interrupts to redirect the class to whatever flight of fancy he or she has taken. It is shameful than any adult with a smidgen of sensitivity or respect could be oblivious to their selfishness among a group of people.

Anyway, what annoys you?

Christ, I remember that sort of carry-on in my own college days. There used to be this particular bitch who would continually inject her damned feminist nonsense into whatever it was we were currently studying (I studied English lit.) It was unbearable. All she wanted to do was spout off and dominate the seminars with shit talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

Repetition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

The same things over and over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Repetition...

Oh wait...

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Naggers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

It always seems to be mature students as well OP. The older they are, the more likely they are to monopolise the conversation with the tutor!!

I'm currently getting really fucked off with facebook changing it's format every couple of days. Another big change this evening:mad: . Any more of it, and I'm leaving facebook!*

*I tell myself this, but it's like the Hotel California (you can check in but you can never leave) and I'm too addicted to delete my profile, so it's never gonna happen. I'm just kidding myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I hate when there's a family of mexican earwigs having a party in your ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Echoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

PinkFly wrote: »
    The same things over and over again

What thing?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Things that annoy me?
    • Double standards
    • Arrogant people
    • Deluded feminists
    • People who talk about themselves constantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Old People, Young people, the sick, the well, the rich, the poor, people i dont know and people i do know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Things that annoy me

- X-Factor rubbish
    - Rude people
    - Extremely drunk people
    - Gangland shootings (murder)
    - Lazy Irish cops
    - People who park in non-parking areas and especially handicapped spaces
    - Fianna Fail bullsh!tters
    - A grinning Seanie Fitz
    - A sneering Bertie Ahern

dmigsy wrote: »
    Echoes

.......echoes......echoes..........echoes............echoes.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Naggers.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What thing?:confused:

Just repitition I suppose :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Ear wax

Also smelly people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

The way the ads are all on at the same time on every channel.

When a DJ on the radio doesn't say what a song was after they play it, yeah I only started listening half way through but that song kicked ass now what the f*ck was it?

replace once a year xbox360's (mine just died).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The daily micro instances of rudeness you see every day. For example people parking on the paths that bisect outdoor shopping centre car parks meaning you can't fit a trolley through and have down to the end.

People having loud phone conversations on public transport.

Every c*nt you meet going on about "Da Dubs" when they go to about four championship games a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

People cutting across you mid sentence

People that never say 'thank you'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

It always seems to be mature students as well OP. The older they are, the more likely they are to monopolise the conversation with the tutor!!

I have to agree entirely with this, even though I have huge respect for people who go back to college as mature students and know that there are far too few people in Third Level in Ireland (compared to other EU countries) who are in their 40s, 50s or 60s. What am I saying - I'm technically a mature student (over 23), but the people I'm thinking of would be from in their late 40s on and it's like they feel they have something to prove to us all. If they could only deal with it privately that would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Fellas who were still going to school well into their twenties when there were loads of jobs during the mid noughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

niotitepeR

• Advertisement

Fellas who were still going to school well into their twenties when there were loads of jobs during the mid noughties.

In fairness, they are probably quite happy with that choice. Had they not been in college, they almost certainly - because banks were throwing money at any breathing human being - would have been in employment and bought a house at a ridiculous price and be paying for it for decades to come.

By the time the Irish economy collapsed in 2008 I had qualifications up to and including Level 10 coming out my ears. Yes, I owed @ €26,000 on the day of my viva voce, which I've now mostly paid off, but I had none of the massive property debt of my friends, and more qualifications than any of them. I'm now much more free than them, and happy that I reached my educational goals.

I'll also be in a better position to buy a house when the property market reaches realistic prices from 2016 onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Auld wans unloading meaty farts going up escalators.

Was going up the 'lator in Dundrum and this wide-arsed heavy set auld wan was in front.

Festooned with bags and blocking the way through.

Half way up she bent down to pick up the bags and blew out a fcuking rasper of a thick meaty fart. You could sew a fcuking button on the thing.

Hit me at full toss:eek:Burnin' bad powder.

Fcuking bang of cabbage and gravy was vile, not a bother on her, even loosed a few follow ups, to 'clear her throat'

Thick cow:mad:

Dionysus wrote: »
    In fairness, they are probably quite happy with that choice. Had they not been in college, they almost certainly - because banks were throwing money at any breathing human being - would have been in employment and bought a house at a ridiculous price and be paying for it for decades to come.

By the time the Irish economy collapsed in 2008 I had qualifications up to and including Level 10 coming out my ears. Yes, I owed @ €26,000 on the day of my viva voce, which I've now mostly paid off, but I had none of the massive property debt of my friends, and more qualifications than any of them. I'm now much more free than them, and happy that I reached my educational goals.

I'll also be in a better position to buy a house when the property market reaches realistic prices from 2016 onwards.

Saying the banks were 'throwing money at any breathing human being ' is classic popular revisionism.While the banks certainly are not blameless many folks misrepresented their incomes and took out loans to beat the band and also deep down had a fair idea that paying back the money might become a problem down the line, but hey, we can always blame Fianna fail !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Has anyone said Naggers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emul8ter25

drivers in front of you who sleep through the green light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Leaving the press doors open in the kitchen!

• Advertisement

Saying the banks were 'throwing money at any breathing human being ' is classic popular revisionism.While the banks certainly are not blameless many folks misrepresented their incomes and took out loans to beat the band and also deep down had a fair idea that paying back the money might become a problem down the line, but hey, we can always blame Fianna fail !

It's not. I got a €3000 overdraft and I was a fulltime student earning zilch. The number of people who received money for new cars, holidays and the like and could not afford them is ridiculously high. That people lie to get what they want is not surprising, to me at any rate. That financial institutions refused to set up systems to check on the honesty of clients whom they were giving depositors' money to is ridiculous.

I have no interest in defending the muppets who borrowed beyond their means so your "revisionism" complaint is misplaced. I wasn't one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Repetition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

That in most atms the smallest amount you can take out is 20 euro

when the luas pulls up and i see those orange vests....

People who ignore their phones when their children are ringing them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Bombs falling from the sky. Oh wait, I don't have that. I guess I have it pretty sweet tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

People who believe 9/11 was a conspiracy.I feel like beating them to death with a keyboard.And no I can't explain why I hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

Drivers who don't wave when you let them go when they're trying to get out somewhere. Ignorant **** I just slowed my car to let you go and you don't show any gratuity.

When you're flicking through the Sky channels and you see something you like, eg, Two and A Halg Men but then you realise its 9.58 pm and its over.

People who dont say thanks.

The Irish Govt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

REM having just broken up

When you're flicking through the Sky channels and you see something you like, eg, Two and A Halg Men but then you realise its 9.58 pm and its over.

Just avoid flicking through the channels at a few minutes before the hour.

I feel fine.

REM not breaking up sooner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

When the item of clothing doesn't match the hanger it's on. :mad:

Size wise I mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

Hypocrites.

People who agree with anything the person they are talking to is saying just to please them. Have an opinion for Christ sakes!

People who talk extra loud on buses, just to make sure everyone can hear their comversation about how amazing they are or how drunk they were last night.

People who think they're oh so original and unique. You have a tattoo, good for you, now calm down.

The Human Race in general it seems!

Drivers who don't wave when you let them go when they're trying to get out somewhere. Ignorant **** I just slowed my car to let you go and you don't show any gratuity.

People who dont say thanks.

The Irish Govt.

People who feel you owe them a big wave & flashing hazards just cause they didn't act the b0llix and not let you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement