Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that annoy you...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

People who feel you owe them a big wave & flashing hazards just cause they didn't act the b0llix and not let you out.

People like you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Ignorant tourists (the ones who don't understand that people actually live in the place they're visiting and don't respect the local culture, customs or language)

The word "contemporary". Don't know why.

People who stop walking in the middle of the path.

The people who look shocked when the Luas is full at rush-hour.

Constant tapping noises.

When people spell the word "weird" as "wierd"

Etc. (I'm easily annoyed :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Guinness day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

how so-called liberals are some of the nastiest intolerant dogmatic people you'll ever talk to

how people who talk of strength and empowerment hypocritically always are the first to whinge and complain and lead the race to victimhood

how people in public fail to show awareness whether it be bumping into people, blocking a path or not having their change/atm card ready and yet are blissfully content with the inconvenience they cause

how people fail to demomstrate their true opinion but instead seek to jump on the populist bandwagon to placate the dominant groupthink

how originiality is so rare and the weight of one's opinion seems to be measured by how esteemed the individual is that you regurgutated or paraphrased it from

how laziness and dumbness seem to be so prevalent as ****e movies/music/books are so popular as markets seem to consist of zillions of teenagers with short attention spans and cater for these accordingly, inflicting that garbage upon us all

how people laugh and smile when their eyes say otherwise, lacking the integrity to be themselves and just existing to placate others

can we do a list of things that impress us too as i wouldn't want to get a reputation as a miseryguts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

It annoys me when people can't spell *regurgitated*.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

EGAR wrote: »
    It annoys me when people can't spell *regurgitated*.

oh and pettiness is another thing that annoys me, add that to my list, especially those who cherish petty victories which is an oxymoron is you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Them arseholes on buses and planes who tilt the chair back into your chest without so much as an "Excuse me". They probably all vote for Fianna Fail too, the bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

donfers wrote: »
    oh and pettiness is another thing that annoys me, add that to my list, especially those who cherish petty victories which is an oxymoron is you ask me

Jeez, get over yourself - I can't make up my mind if you are an ox or a moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

I F**KING LOVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

I can't stand liberals. They must be seriously unhappy in life if they're always moaning and looking out for the latest cause or injustice thousands of miles away in Africa or the Middle East to justify their whining.

Piece of advice: get a job, move out of your mother's house, and pay taxes like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

people who use the word fo instead of for, fo serious and fo show and the like. fo off

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

People who are never on time.

People who wear scarves on days where you dont need to wear a scarf. Especially them little wispy yokes. Usually these people wear thick rimmed glasses too. Cnuts.

People who get offended on behalf of other people.

White people with dreadlocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Typh

Sorry, but that is just such an ugly sweeping statement. Being liberal minded and aware of global injustices shouldn't be immediately synonymous with having a soul patch and blogging about your idea of how to continue the fight against animal testing in a coffee shop made of hemp. Let's just turn our backs on those in seemingly inescapable poverty because our perspective, in some twisted shift of logic, has deemed cynical hippies on the internet to be more befitting of our outrage. Now I feel like one of them. i need a shower to wash the liberal off me...

Things that annoy me-
    Narrow minded people...
    People with thin skins who take needless offense to things.
    Selfish people who only perceive their own struggles.
    Teenagers who display the same world-weariness as vietnam vets, as if they've seen all the horrors in the world and are numb to it now.
    Cats. ****ing... God, I hate cats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

people who talk loudly

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Kanoe wrote: »
    people who talk loudly

+1

Especially on public transport. Retards. No one cares about you or your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭jeddie20

I hate when people double click when they don't have to. And when people quote the OP's opening post in their response when there is no need, considering they are posting in the thread and therefore naturally replying..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Eircom "broadband" :rolleyes:

Fo Real wrote: »
    I can't stand liberals. They must be seriously unhappy in life if they're always moaning and looking out for the latest cause or injustice thousands of miles away in Africa or the Middle East to justify their whining.

Piece of advice: get a job, move out of your mother's house, and pay taxes like the rest of us.
    Im a liberal and do all of those things :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Isard

Especially on public transport.
    Oh, I hate everybody on public transport early in the morning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

yore ma

though I may be the only one on AH :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Im a liberal and do all of those things :confused:

Wow. You must be miserable and depressed in life. Why are you so angry? Can't you just live your own life the best you can without interfering in other peoples? and even worse, trying to encourage the rest of us to interfere in other people's lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

People who are politically correct, people who smell, bold kids, soccer... I HATE IT.

Fo Real wrote: »
    Wow. You must be miserable and depressed in life. Why are you so angry? Can't you just live your own life the best you can without interfering in other peoples? and even worse, trying to encourage the rest of us to interfere in other people's lives.
    How can a man live his life the best he can and ignore the problems in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

what annoy me is cheated by my best friend, once you are so trust her ,but now you are cheated by her。。
    what a sad thing。。。

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

The sound of someone clipping their nails.
    Someone interrupting me or talking over me.
    Clapping after a movie finishes.
    Clapping after a plane lands.
    Clapping sarcastically when someone drops a plate or glass in a restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

wonton wrote: »
    That in most atms the smallest amount you can take out is 20 euro

+ 1 (that plus one is bound to annoy some people :P)

Also annoying is when you don't have any cash and you try to pay with your card in the shop for something that amounts to about 9 euro, and they say "we don't accept card transactions for anything under a tenner."

So if you're not completely certain how much you have in your account, you go to the nearest cash machine to try and withdraw some money, and as you mentioned the lowest it might give you is a twenty euro note, or it might even give you 10 euro notes, but turns out you only have 9.50, you can't withdraw anything, you can't buy anything in the shop for under a tenner, and the bank is closed, so you're basically fecked until your next pay day. :mad::(

Has happened to me so often. Did they used to dispense 5 euro notes, or did I just dream that?

+ 1 (that plus one is bound to annoy some people :P)

Also annoying is when you don't have any cash and you try to pay with your card in the shop for something that amounts to about 9 euro, and they say "we don't accept card transactions for anything under a tenner."

So if you're not completely certain how much you have in your account, you go to the nearest cash machine to try and withdraw some money, and as you mentioned the lowest it might give you is a twenty euro note, or it might even give you 10 euro notes, but turns out you only have 9.50, you can't withdraw anything, you can't buy anything in the shop for under a tenner, and the bank is closed, so you're basically fecked until your next pay day. :mad::(

Has happened to me so often. Did they used to disperse 5 euro notes, or did I just dream that?
    Bank of Ireland did 5s about ten year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Bank of Ireland did 5s about ten year ago.

I didn't even have a bank card back then, was only 14. I think I must have just dreamed that I got a fiver before from the atm!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

The mods over mod imo.
    Lock.
    Pass.
    Pass.
    Lock.
    Is there an amount they have to lock per threads posted.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Another thing which really annoys me (if you're going to wake up, you might as well wake up grumpy! :D) is radio news bulletins:

1) Why are they all on the hour?

2) Why do they all have precisely the same format of news headlines, sport and weather?

There must be a market out there for people who want to have more choice and avoid all the ads and sameness. At least some radio stations could have their news at 15 or 30 or 45 minutes past the hour so we can change over to them/from them when the news is/isn't on. For all the stations out there, there's so little choice when it comes to news and sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

A person I know can't say the letter D without making it sound like ttttthhhhhhhhh. The sound is awfully annoying and, what's even more so, is that she looks so proud over it - as if she's got some sort of fancy pronunciation going on.

Stop it, will you? It's a bleedin' D!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

people who sound like a cow giving birth when they are eating, close your fu*king mouth:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

eating with mouth open
    slurping tea/coffee
    people who after 18 depend hopelessly on their parents to do the most simple tasks for them.
    Ryanair flights - the pre-boarding 30 minutes where everyones on edge watching everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Dionysus wrote: »
    It's not. I got a €3000 overdraft and I was a fulltime student earning zilch. The number of people who received money for new cars, holidays and the like and could not afford them is ridiculously high. That people lie to get what they want is not surprising, to me at any rate. That financial institutions refused to set up systems to check on the honesty of clients whom they were giving depositors' money to is ridiculous.

I have no interest in defending the muppets who borrowed beyond their means so your "revisionism" complaint is misplaced. I wasn't one of them.

The biggest crime was the day National Irish decided to give 100% mortgages to couples for the first time and Bertie, Neary, McCreevy nor Hurley did anything to stop it. That was the start of the out of control property bubble. Shameful

The bleedin post office down the road, full of women in pyjamas with buggys and the little white card in the hand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Saying the banks were 'throwing money at any breathing human being ' is classic popular revisionism.While the banks certainly are not blameless many folks misrepresented their incomes and took out loans to beat the band and also deep down had a fair idea that paying back the money might become a problem down the line, but hey, we can always blame Fianna fail !

Do you remember that ad with the bank manager who had a procession of students in front of him who lied to him, and he said yes anyway? You don't think that was explicitly encouraging people to borrow money from banks and they didn't care why?

Not that people should have borrowed more than they can afford. But my bollocks is it revisionism to say the banks were in it up to their necks.

Edit: while I'm on the subject of things that annoy me, there's a woman on Morning Ireland who speaks too close to the microphone every day, so you can hear her mouth smacking wetly as she talks. Want to punch her through the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Dionysus wrote: »
    Another thing which really annoys me (if you're going to wake up, you might as well wake up grumpy! :D) is radio news bulletins:

1) Why are they all on the hour?

2) Why do they all have precisely the same format of news headlines, sport and weather?

There must be a market out there for people who want to have more choice and avoid all the ads and sameness. At least some radio stations could have their news at 15 or 30 or 45 minutes past the hour so we can change over to them/from them when the news is/isn't on. For all the stations out there, there's so little choice when it comes to news and sport.

Beat102-103 have the news, sport and weather at 10 to the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

People posting the most mundane threads(not aimed at you OP) about the first stupid fecking mundane thing that pops into their head because they think(incorrectly) that they have to make threads. Also when people post a thread asking a particular question only to answer it in their opening post, you're a fùcking moron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Litter, because it so lazy its easy and costs noting to put things in the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

mariaalice wrote: »
    Litter, because it so lazy its easy and costs noting to put things in the bin.

I agree.

Smokers who flick their cigarette butts on the ground when they are finished even though there is a designated bin for them right beside them in a smoking area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

people who blare their ****ty dance music through the earphones on the train\bus\luas first thing in the morning...either listen to something I like or buy a decent set that keep that filth in your f**kin' head and don't let it bleed into mine

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Skylars face in Breaking Bad!!

When looking at something on Sky+ and a break comes on....I try to change the channel to look at something else for those few minutes but EVERY other channel is on a break at the exact same time!? How do they do this??

mkdon05 wrote: »
    Skylars face in Breaking Bad!!

Yeah! What the hell happened there?? She used to be really good looking in the first season when she was pregnant...now she looks like shes living on a pound of margarine a day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

When i'm online and ads pop up on the side of the web page about sites i've visited earlier, like flights for the dates i searched etc. Everyone's gone and sold out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Judgemental people. Having problems with that one at the moment with friends of my OH. Apparently my "interests are frivolous" so I'm not worth making the effort with. Why do you get to decide that? They're different to yours, that doesn't make them frivolous. GRR!

Can't stand people who look down on others, it's a horrible trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

People who talk about their kids all day long.

People who sniffle all day instead of just blowing their nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

watna wrote: »
    Judgemental people. Having problems with that one at the moment with friends of my OH. Apparently my "interests are frivolous" so I'm not worth making the effort with. Why do you get to decide that? They're different to yours, that doesn't make them frivolous. GRR!

Can't stand people who look down on others, it's a horrible trait.

What's your interest, out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Snakeblood wrote: »
    What's your interest, out of curiosity?

The usual stuff, films, books, tv, t'internet, wine and cooking. They're not high brow enough, apparently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement