Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that annoy you...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

watna wrote: »
    The usual stuff, films, books, tv, t'internet, wine and cooking. They're not high brow enough, apparently.

That all seems very reasonable.

Get into whatever they like for a while, then tell them it's ****, and they must be **** for liking it.

This may not help prolong a relationship though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Snakeblood wrote: »
    That all seems very reasonable.

Get into whatever they like for a while, then tell them it's ****, and they must be **** for liking it.

This may not help prolong a relationship though.

Nah, I'll think I'll just trundle on doing my own thing and just avoid them completely. My OH is similarly unimpressed. Just don't know who made them the interests police. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Next person to steal my pen is getting one in the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Dublin bus
    Old stuck up people shopping in Marks & Spencers.. never learnt manners
    Junkies especially on Dublin Bus. Free pass and they wreck the bus.. CÚNTS
    Moore Street, a hive of dirty ethnic shops, ****ty phone unlock shops and Irish scumbags up to skullduggery
    Finally Bear Patrol.. leave me alone!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Back when i wore suits for work, going into dunnes/tesco/aldi/lidl.
    No I don't work here, and I don't know where the *item name* is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Dublin bus
    Old stuck up people shopping in Marks & Spencers.. never learnt manners
    Junkies especially on Dublin Bus. Free pass and they wreck the bus.. CÚNTS
    Moore Street, a hive of dirty ethnic shops, ****ty phone unlock shops and Irish scumbags up to skullduggery
    Finally Bear Patrol.. leave me alone!! :mad:

Bear tax. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Homer Tax :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

People who don't indicate. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Judgemental people. Having problems with that one at the moment with friends of my OH. Apparently my "interests are frivolous" so I'm not worth making the effort with. Why do you get to decide that? They're different to yours, that doesn't make them frivolous. GRR!

Can't stand people who look down on others, it's a horrible trait.

Not too keen on people who refer to thir husbands/wives as 'Other halves'
    Actualy not too keen on fellas who don't have the balls to marry their 'partners'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The weather.
    Constant news about recession/banking/property bust.
    The weather.
    The weather.
    The weather.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

overexiteable people

you know the kind, they scream and holler and hug and talk loudly over the most minor things

people who laugh very loudly very often at the stupidest of comments and especially at their own poor gags

people in nightclubs and pubs who scream "wooooooooooooo" very loudly and do silly movements with their arms as if to signify they are having a good time when in reality all they are doing is signifying they're a bit simple

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

People who shout down their mobile phone loud enough so that people in Tibet could hear them.

I don't give a fúck where you and your band of idiots are going tonight. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

When an Op asks a question(can be anything really), and instead of replying with an anecdote or an answer , some people reply saying 'No'/'I don't have any anecdotes about this topic' etc.

Eg. Q:'What is the stingiest thing you have ever seen? ' A:'Actually, I don't think I have any stories about someone being stingy.'

If your don't have an answer/something to say what's the point in posting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 keitho Dublin

wathermen & women telling lies and seems thay do it all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

People being cruel to other people or animals. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

3's Customer Service:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

People who take half an hour to turn a normal corner.

They indicate hundreds of yards in advance, gradually slow down when they come closer to the turn and then for some strange reason only they know come to an almost complete standstill before they start to turn. If you can't drive its simple.......don't!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

In no particular order -
    • Reality Television
    • Any TV program involving "Judging Panels" or "Viewer Voting"
    • Any TV program with the word "Celebrity" in the title
    • People who want to tell you their life story 2 minutes after meeting them
    • That Irritating "Go Compare" Tool!!
    • People that wear Hats whilst driving (either teen-aged twats in baseball hats or pensioners in trilby's )
    • People that are incapable of using Roundabouts properly (NO - You can't drive the whole way around it in the F$%King left lane!!)
    • Mullets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Generally, the boorish, rude, self-centred and arrogant.

I've been more annoyed than usual by people on the roads lately:

Like men who see driving as a test of their masculinity. Such as the guy yesterday in the black Mazda pretend-sports car who kept trying to race me as I passed him quite a few times on my bike, and was usually quicker to accelerate from a standing stop than him.
    There's also quite a few drivers out there who don't care about cyclists and ignore their hand signals or box them in.
    Having said that, I've been pleasantly surprised by the number of drivers who'll treat a cyclist with respect and let them out at a junction or wait behind them when they turn, if the cyclist is following the rules.

Cyclists who don't follow the rules of the road. Which unfortunately seems to be most of them.
    Green means go, red means stop. That applies to everyone on the road. Even if you were pretty sure you could get through a red light safely, you should realise that doing so gives cyclists a bad name and leads to resentment from drivers. And you can never be 100% sure it's safe.

And it's not absolutely necessary to get right out at the front when traffic's stopped at a red light (unless on occasion if you're turning at a junction and it makes it easier to turn safely). But if you're going straight on and there's two or three cars in front of you, then the light's not going to go red again by the time you get to it, so just stay where you are.
    There was a guy cycling well behind me a while back on a long stretch of road with quite a few lights. Whenever I stopped he'd keep going and stop at the head of the line of stopped vehicles. Then once we moved he was going so slowly I'd overtake him in seconds. Kept happening over and over. Once we were through all the lights I quickly left him far behind without straining myself. There was no point in him going to the top of the queue, except for maybe to get a childish sense of being first.

It's so frustrating to be a cyclist and follow the rules of the road, only to see so many people cycling on the wrong side of the road and on the footpath, or failing to indicate (like many drivers in fairness) and giving you a bad name.

Pedestrians who don't look before they cross the road. Just because you don't hear an engine doesn't mean there's nothing there.
    But even worse are the ones who look, see a bike coming very close to them, and cross anyway because...well, I honestly don't know what they're thinking. Sure, being hit by a bike isn't as bad as being hit by a car, but it's still going to bloody well hurt and probably cause you and me some bad injuries.
    I really don't understand why someone would consciously walk right in front of a bike but it happens all the time.

Finally, at the moment, I'm quite annoyed by THE GUY BESIDE ME ON THE BUS WHO KEEPS LOOKING AT THE SCREEN. PISS OFF AND READ A BOOK OR SOMETHING, AND DON'T SPREAD YOUR LEGS SO MUCH!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

cyclists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

When someone posts the exact same thing as you, after you have said it and they get 50 thanks and your post is ignored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

People who have really loud irritating songs as their ring tones. Just stick to a nice ring ring for f**k sake!

People who don't use their indicators on roundabouts

People who don't use the right hand side of an escalator or stairs, especially for just standing still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

cocoshovel wrote: »
    People who have really loud irritating songs as their ring tones. Just stick to a nice ring ring for f**k sake!

People who don't use their indicators on roundabouts

People who don't use the right hand side of an escalator or stairs, especially for just standing still.

Should it not be left hand side in Ireland, UK, Japan, New Zealand and Australia?

Second question what's the problem with someone standing on a stairs? It's odd sure but I wouldn't think it's a common source of annoyance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Linoge wrote: »
    When someone posts the exact same thing as you, after you have said it and they get 50 thanks and your post is ignored!

I gave you a pity thanks.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Linoge wrote: »

• Advertisement

Should it not be left hand side in Ireland, UK, Japan, New Zealand and Australia?

Second question what's the problem with someone standing on a stairs? It's odd sure but I wouldn't think it's a common source of annoyance.

I meant just standing on an escalator blocking the left, the side you're supposed to use for walking.
    Right hand side, standing. Left hand side, walking.

and on stairs, Its when its a busy area, and you're walking up the right hand side and people are walking down the left. Its a nice even smooth flow, and then some fat gob****e walks down the left expecting you to move and blocking everything up.

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p326977-London-Stand_on_the_Right.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

summerskin wrote: »
    cyclists.

All of them?

summerskin wrote: »
    cyclists.

As a driver cyclists annoy me
    As a cyclist cars annoy me

Not sure what to think :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

People who go on about how beautiful their babies are and then get offended when I point out of their ears/eyes/nose are not in proportion and it vomits a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I meant just standing on an escalator blocking the left, the side you're supposed to use for walking.
    Right hand side, standing. Left hand side, walking.

and on stairs, Its when its a busy area, and you're walking up the right hand side and people are walking down the left. Its a nice even smooth flow, and then some fat gob****e walks down the left expecting you to move and blocking everything up.

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p326977-London-Stand_on_the_Right.jpg

Is that not in the US? You pass out on the left and in Ireland you pass out on the right? I think it follows the same convention as road use.

• Advertisement

Is that not in the US? You pass out on the left and in Ireland you pass out on the right? I think it follows the same convention as road use.

No that photo is from London, its in all tube stations. Been there and saw it myself. Its the same in USA too, or at least in New York from what I remember.

Perhaps I am wrong and it is different here in Ireland. But from what I have observed people just go up all over the place regardless of other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

When you get a seat on a packed train and the people standing glare at you like you are the son of Hitler and Rosemary West, then when they open the window thinking they are somehow getting one over on you (especially in Winter), then stand there all smug. Pregnant women and old people I'm thinking of in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

People who flash other drivers to warn them of guards doing speed ahead, then look down on drivers who cause deaths etc. from speeding.

Dont flash them (except me) let the ****ers get caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

wonton wrote: »
    That in most atms the smallest amount you can take out is 20 euro

I will upgrade your though there:

You want to take out 20eu at ATM, but 9/10 times it will tell you: sorry no more 20 notes, only 50.... FUUUUUUUU!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

RoryMac wrote: »

Zing!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

People who drive at 50km/hr on roads that are 100km/hr, so frustrating!

Not too keen on people who refer to thir husbands/wives as 'Other halves'
    Actualy not too keen on fellas who don't have the balls to marry their 'partners'.

Well actully, not that it's any of your business but we're getting married in a few months. I just don't like using the word fiance. What would you suggest I call him?

Again, a bit judgemental, don't you think? You don't know people's situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Dionysus wrote: »
    In fairness, they are probably quite happy with that choice. Had they not been in college, they almost certainly - because banks were throwing money at any breathing human being - would have been in employment and bought a house at a ridiculous price and be paying for it for decades to come.

By the time the Irish economy collapsed in 2008 I had qualifications up to and including Level 10 coming out my ears. Yes, I owed @ €26,000 on the day of my viva voce, which I've now mostly paid off, but I had none of the massive property debt of my friends, and more qualifications than any of them. I'm now much more free than them, and happy that I reached my educational goals.

I'll also be in a better position to buy a house when the property market reaches realistic prices from 2016 onwards.

Saying the banks were 'throwing money at any breathing human being ' is classic popular revisionism.While the banks certainly are not blameless many folks misrepresented their incomes and took out loans to beat the band and also deep down had a fair idea that paying back the money might become a problem down the line, but hey, we can always blame Fianna fail !

Bertie, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Here's a few off the top of my head (I think I replied to a thread like before and said different things).

When a child in a supermarket keeps saying "mammy, mammy, mammy, mammy" and the mother stands there talking to their friend and ignoring the child. The mother may be immune to the constant shrieks of their child but I'm certainly not.

Cigarette butts everywhere I go. There's no escaping them. Even in the most beautiful, picturesque part of where I live scumbags drop their cigarette butts all over the place.

Disgusting slobs that hawk up phlegm and deposit it on the ground. I especially hate it when they're walking behind me repeatedly going "HAWKKK" and I have to keep checking my leg to see if they've hit me.

The sound a motorbike or car with a loud engine makes as it gets further away.

Well actully, not that it's any of your business but we're getting married in a few months. I just don't like using the word fiance. What would you suggest I call him?

Again, a bit judgemental, don't you think? You don't know people's situations.

What situations? Getting married is relatively cheap,if people want to go mad on a big 'lets impress everyone ' bash thats a different story.
    Unlees by 'peoples situations' you mean they can no longer falsely claim for lone parent allowances etc well thats another matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭simonmln

Arguing with someone, who is wrong. They stil argue their point with no evidence other than something like, ''my friend told me''. Even though you offer valid points. This is fair enough, as I dont mind an argument, but then when you've proven your point beyond any doubt and they say, ''whatever, I dont really care anyway!'', or something similar. You obviously care as you've spent 10 minutes arguing with me. When I'm proven wrong I admit it, but dont turn sour. Its really annoying!

The 123.ie guy. Hate him!

What situations? Getting married is relatively cheap,if people want to go mad on a big 'lets impress everyone ' bash thats a different story.
    Unlees by 'peoples situations' you mean they can no longer falsely claim for lone parent allowances etc well thats another matter.

I was referring to the fact that the poster said that he hated when men didn't have the balls to marry their woman. As if all women are sitting around waiting for their men to sweep them off their feet and propose and it's all down to him. Perhaps the woman doesn't want to get married, for whatever reason, perhaps she's already been married and is waiting for a divorce, or he is. Everyone is in different situations. You can't look at all relationships and say "they're not married, the man obviously doesn't have the balls to do it". That's pretty sexist and offensive. As I said in my first post I hate judgemental people. What gives anyone the right to judge how two people live their lives?

I'm presuming as well that the poster thinks I'm male and therefore don't have the balls to marry my "partner" and it was a dig at me, however, not all posters on Boards are male you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Honest opinion

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The biggest crime was the day National Irish decided to give 100% mortgages to couples for the first time and Bertie, Neary, McCreevy nor Hurley did anything to stop it. That was the start of the out of control property bubble. Shameful

Your Argument makes no sense first of all You go to the bank looking for money if you accept a loan that you can't pay back thats your own fault and no one elses. Thats like you coming up to me asking for 10 euro me giving it to you and when i come back looking for it next month calling me Scabby!! poor innocent you its obviously all the banks fault you could'nt pay them back!! my heart bleeds for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Cyclists. They seem to struggle when trying to tell the difference between a footpath and a road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Camarillo Brillo

People that queue up for flights ages before they are due to board, all seats on the plane are the same bar the twelve exit seats.

People who stand up in the aisle as soon as the fasten seatbelts sign goes off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Your Argument makes no sense first of all You go to the bank looking for money if you accept a loan that you can't pay back thats your own fault and no one elses. Thats like you coming up to me asking for 10 euro me giving it to you and when i come back looking for it next month calling me Scabby!! poor innocent you its obviously all the banks fault you could'nt pay them back!! my heart bleeds for you

Only a complete fraud would borrow money with the intention of not paying it back. Most people had no trouble keeping up repayments until the system crashed, and the system crash was brought on by the banks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

People who add chant lyrics like Sein Fein and IRA to the feilds or athenry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Waitresses. :mad:

Particularly when they come to your table and say..."Now!" and they have some inane look on their face.

They are usually the same waitresses who, on placing your meal on the table then say "Enjoy !" ...:mad::mad::mad:.

They should all be shot.

Waitresses. :mad:

Particularly when they come to your table and say..."Now!" and they have some inane look on their face.

They are usually the same waitresses who, on placing your meal on the table then say "Enjoy !" ...:mad::mad::mad:.

They should all be shot.

FFS! Shooting someone for saying enjoy' is a bit extreme don't you think? Now if it was for 'did you get any petrol or diesel' then shooting would be too good for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

CJC999 wrote: »
    Constant news about recession/banking/property bust.

+1, the media absolutely wallow in it and it makes people miserable.

Toddlers on long plane journeys.
    Phone in competitions on radio shows.
    X-Factor and the shower of cúnts that get sucked into it.
    Gossip artists and the sphere of negativity they thrive on.

Advertisement