Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that annoy you...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

someone that constantly sniffs

on the bus, in a cafe, ANYWHERE

what is wrong with you, you FREAK :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

loud pupils in the morning on the bus

people not respecting a queue

those who never return money/something borrowed

housemates banging doors and not cleaning after themselves

judgemental people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

bobmeaney wrote: »
    CJC999 wrote: »
    Constant news about recession/banking/property bust.

+1, the media absolutely wallow in it and it makes people miserable.

Toddlers on long plane journeys.
    Phone in competitions on radio shows.
    X-Factor and the shower of cúnts that get sucked into it.
    Gossip artists and the sphere of negativity they thrive on.

People who watch the X Factor should be ashamed. As Ricky Gervais put it quite well: 'wheeling out the weak and bewildered to be laughed at by multi millionaires, the modern day Victorian freakshow'.

I do paraphrase there, but very well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

Snoring and idiots that love the sound of their own voice i.e. the person at work I am sitting next to right now

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Camarillo Brillo

People who when spelling a word pronounce the letter "A" as ah instead of ey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Snoring and idiots that love the sound of their own voice i.e. the person at work I am sitting next to right now

Is he snoring at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Fellas who were still going to school well into their twenties when there were loads of jobs during the mid noughties.

Degree takes 4 years sunshine, Masters another 2 and Ph.D another 4. 18 + 4 + 2 + 4 = 28.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GaryMunster

Is he snoring at the moment?

she, whistling threw her crow head kinda snoring, but its not so much that, Its the way she speaks and how loud she speaks, EG instead of saying the word "computer" to a customer she shouts the word "COMPPUUTAAA" in an annoying whiney english accent even tho she is from Greece..AHHHH I hate it:mad:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I hate when pedestrians cross the road diagonally. ****ing ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

People that have their bag on a seat on a packed bus in rush hour on the way home

and the look they give you if you have the audacity to ask them to move it so you can sit down

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Them arseholes on buses and planes who tilt the chair back into your chest without so much as an "Excuse me". They probably all vote for Fianna Fail too, the bastards.

Sweet Jesus, this makes my blood boil. One díck tried to do it to me once, he pretended he didn't hear me say 'excuse me', but he couldn't ignore the all mighty jab he got in the shoulder when I told him to move his seat as I could barely breathe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Every other vehicle on the road annoys me...

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

People in shops with buggies when it's really busy, people that walk really slowly in front of you, especially in groups, and there's no room to go by and people who say that they "failed an exam so badly" yet always end up with the highest marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Sometimes I feel an irrational hatred of peoples faces ,to the point where i have to restrain myself.

Another thing that annoys me is small talk from idiots, for example I was sitting in a cafe the other day and 3 men walked in, one in particular was throwing shapes and he pointed to cakes and said to the others ' are yous paying ', and started to snigger.

I felt like fucking my cup of coffee into the bastards face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Drivers who just come to a full stop to have a chat with the driver of an on coming car. Ever heard of mobile phones.

People who walk behind a reversing car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

People who when spelling a word pronounce the letter "A" as ah instead of ey.

"Ah" roughly represents the pronunciation of the letter A in Irish so as such it's a perfectly legitimate and natural pronunciation of the letter in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

When people use "literally" incorrectly. My head literally explodes with anger when I see that kind of thing.

When newspapers slap an "exclusive" banner onto opinion pieces by their own in-house columnists. Of course it's bloody exclusive!

When you're on a guided tour of a historical monument, and there's always some douchebag at the front nodding away in agreement with everything the guide says. We get it. You know some history, and you want to let us know how intelligent you are. Why not just become a guide then?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Auld wans unloading meaty farts going up escalators.

Was going up the 'lator in Dundrum and this wide-arsed heavy set auld wan was in front.

Festooned with bags and blocking the way through.

Half way up she bent down to pick up the bags and blew out a fcuking rasper of a thick meaty fart. You could sew a fcuking button on the thing.

Hit me at full toss:eek:Burnin' bad powder.

Fcuking bang of cabbage and gravy was vile, not a bother on her, even loosed a few follow ups, to 'clear her throat'

Thick cow:mad:
    Couldn't stop laughing trying to visualise that:D:D:D:D:D

Ignorant people, drivers still on their phones whilst driving, facebook changing stuff, some people on facebook using it as an agony aunt column with statuses that scream I'm starved of attention so feel sorry for me. Since I started doing the school run it annoys that there's certain cliques of mammys like the loaded ones, the arty farty ones, the "yummy mummies" and the pushy mammys.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Ignorant people, drivers still on their phones whilst driving, facebook changing stuff, some people on facebook using it as an agony aunt column with statuses that scream I'm starved of attention so feel sorry for me. Since I started doing the school run it annoys that there's certain cliques of mammys like the loaded ones, the arty farty ones, the "yummy mummies" and the pushy mammys.

You forgot the mummies who were the first women on earth to ever have a child and insist that they know what's better for your child than you do.

• Advertisement

cofy wrote: »
    You forgot the mummies who were the first women on earth to ever have a child and insist that they know what's better for your child than you do.
    I forgot about that kind of mummy sorry:) they're the kind that had no pain relief giving birth and even 10 years later are boasting of the fact. They also brag about every one of their little "angel's" accomplishments every chance they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

People who watch the X Factor should be ashamed. As Ricky Gervais put it quite well: 'wheeling out the weak and bewildered to be laughed at by multi millionaires, the modern day Victorian freakshow'.

I do paraphrase there, but very well said.

For me, it has to be people who take light entertainment shows too seriously....

I forgot about that kind of mummy sorry:) they're the kind that had no pain relief giving birth and even 10 years later are boasting of the fact. They also brag about every one of their little "angel's" accomplishments every chance they get.

I've apologised to the other ladies who were in my maternity ward for this (they thought I was this type), I arrived to the unit too late for pain relief or epidural, but there certainly was pain. And my "little angel" is just as capable of being as mean as the friends she complains about. I feel like you understand. THANKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

People who think they're the dogs bollocks for no particular reason.

Lads who think they're a 16 stone boxer after a few drinks.

People who are die hard supporters of a political party and everything their ministers do for no reason other than they are part of said political party.

People who jump on hate bandwagons.

People who accept something is dangerous without questioning it purely because people who are not qualified to comment on it say so.

Just a quick little list off the top of my head :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Laisurg wrote: »
    People who think they're the dogs bollocks for no particular reason.

Lads who think they're a 16 stone boxer after a few drinks.

People who are die hard supporters of a political party and everything their ministers do for no reason other than they are part of said political party.

People who jump on hate bandwagons.

People who accept something is dangerous without questioning it purely because people who are not qualified to comment on it say so.

Just a quick little list off the top of my head :o

Sounds like you have just had a night out in your local!!!

cofy wrote: »
    I've apologised to the other ladies who were in my maternity ward for this (they thought I was this type), I arrived to the unit too late for pain relief or epidural, but there certainly was pain. And my "little angel" is just as capable of being as mean as the friends she complains about. I feel like you understand. THANKS.
    That was a dig at so called super mums so I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I had no pain relief with my last baby either but it was more of a test for myself to see if I could handle it. Didn't do too badly either but there was some swearing involved:) mothers of yesteryear coped without the mod cons of pain relief so why can't we.

Johro wrote: »

OK now that would really get me angry.

That was a dig at so called super mums so I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I had no pain relief with my last baby either but it was more of a test for myself to see if I could handle it. Didn't do too badly either but there was some swearing involved:) mothers of yesteryear coped without the mod cons of pain relief so why can't we.
    HO NO NO NO. That was not a dig, please believe me, when I walked down to the ward I was immediately disliked. And like you there was noise, to the point that the mid-wife told my husband to close the window - like that was going to stop the people in the neighbouring county from hearing me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Mature students who feel the need to say "Yea" every 3 seconds to agree with everything the lecturer says! Shut up! just shut up, one day my coffee is going to be in your face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Cyclists cycling in the middle of the lane on a 2 way street at 10kmph... Like for once just pull over to the side and let me and the 50 cars help up behind me get past... pleeeeeeease!!! for once in your life do something good and pull over!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

People that look at you as if you're crazy if you decide not to get a vaccine for your kids i.e. your child is going to get cervical cancer !!

Barking dogs especially mine.

Repetitive noise like a basketball boing boing boing boing boing oh my f*cking god put the fing ball away.

My mother :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

jackie1974 wrote: »
    People that look at you as if you're crazy if you decide not to get a vaccine for your kids i.e. your child is going to get cervical cancer !!

Barking dogs especially mine.

Repetitive noise like a basketball boing boing boing boing boing oh my f*cking god put the fing ball away.

My mother :P
    Vaccines for cervical cancer, fair enough. But if its vaccines for communicable disease like measles then its highly irresponsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Vaccines; The

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Vaccines for cervical cancer, fair enough. But if its vaccines for communicable disease like measles then its highly irresponsible.

Absolutely I agree, vaccines for widespread disease that is going to affect a multitude, fine but a vaccine that is little researched, has unknown side effects and 'may' help in the fight against cancer and has caused fertility problems in laboratory rats but is being given to teenagers as part of there school health programme, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

people who cross zebra crossings diagonally and "cut me up". Get in "lane" you cúnts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

People chewing with their mouth open, it took all my willpower not to punch an ex co worker in the face while they ate! it's pure ignorance to do it, argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Skangery skangers
    Religious freaks
    Extreme feminists
    Obnoxious atheists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

py2006 wrote: »
    Things that annoy me?
    • Double standards
    • Arrogant people
    • Deluded feminists
    • People who talk about themselves constantly

Eircom "broadband" :rolleyes:

broadband, are they still calling it that these days?
    things that annoy me
    people who ring me up in work, with no info and yet whinge about the time it took to get through.
    the people who when I have to ask if theres anything else i can help them with, i then have to fake laugh when they ask me to pay their bill, have i the lotto numbers.
    IF I HAD THEM I WOULDNT BE TALKING TO MORONS LIKE YOU.

people on publc transport who have just waited for past 10 mins but then when they get on the bus decide to start looking for their wallet for change:rolleyes:

my fav though is dickheads who never pay you back when you lend them money.

People chewing with their mouth open, it took all my willpower not to punch an ex co worker in the face while they ate! it's pure ignorance to do it, argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my friend does that, I had to leave the room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 cereal-killer

People who bring coffee to lectures.
    People who think that all I can do with my arts degree is do the h dip or emigrate.
    People wearing skimpy clothes in lectures...ya its hot....wear a t-shirt at least.
    When mature students say things like "oh you're to young to know who *insert old or possibly dead famous politician here*" that happened to me just last week.
    That one person in college who cannot do anything for herself and asks the stupidest questions...Like where the English Dept. noticeboards are when you're in third year...

Non College related:

The priest I heard last week who all but said it was a sin to be on the dole.
    Katy Perry.
    Chewing gum stuck to the back of the seat in front of you on the bus...Vom.
    Drugs and people thinking they're cool for taking them.
    People who tailgate when you have Lplates on your car...WTF?! I'm sooooo likely to stall and roll back on top of you.
    Smelly burps. Gross.
    RTE News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

People who bring coffee to lectures.
    People who think that all I can do with my arts degree is do the h dip or emigrate.
    People wearing skimpy clothes in lectures...ya its hot....wear a t-shirt at least.
    When mature students say things like "oh you're to young to know who *insert old or possibly dead famous politician here*" that happened to me just last week.
    That one person in college who cannot do anything for herself and asks the stupidest questions...Like where the English Dept. noticeboards are when you're in third year...

Non College related:

The priest I heard last week who all but said it was a sin to be on the dole.
    Katy Perry.
    Chewing gum stuck to the back of the seat in front of you on the bus...Vom.
    Drugs and people thinking they're cool for taking them.
    People who tailgate when you have Lplates on your car...WTF?! I'm sooooo likely to stall and roll back on top of you.
    Smelly burps. Gross.
    RTE News.

I think you need to go back to bed! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Those lemurs in Fota that steal your ice-creams. And people who think Kurt Cobain is on Glee.:mad::mad::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

"People that...". Give me a break! It's "People who...".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Mountains. God I hate those damn mountains...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

booboo88 wrote: »
    the people who when I have to ask if theres anything else i can help them with, i then have to fake laugh when they ask me to pay their bill, have i the lotto numbers.
    IF I HAD THEM I WOULDNT BE TALKING TO MORONS LIKE YOU.

That reminds me: call centre staff who ask if there's anything else they can help with when they haven't helped with the thing you called for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

idiots in cars who let bigger idiots out of junctions then go the other way leaving me to deal the idiot they left out for the next 20 miles, :mad:

rupert murdock, please **** off and stop talking about yourself through all your media outlets like you dont own the ****ing things, :mad:

this place annoys me taking away my precious time i could be using to cure cancer:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

I must say this thread is giving me great ideas on how to annoy the fuck out of, well, everybody! :D

Nobody annoys me. You're all stars in your own right. Each and every one of you. I love you all.

Even if anybody did annoy me I wouldn't let them know because, well, with the people I know they'd just go out of their way to do the same thing many times over to get the rise out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭carlybabe1

Why oh why would you want to :confused:
    dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Mature students who feel the need to say "Yea" every 3 seconds to agree with everything the lecturer says! Shut up! just shut up, one day my coffee is going to be in your face!

young students who spend thier time talking all the way through the lecture, like FVCK OFF OUT if ye dont wanna listen, but Im not paying a child minder to listen to your mind numbing drivvel about the show ye made of yourself at the weekend, and fyi, that guy that ye took home and shagged? He wont be ringin ye cause ye made a slapper out of yourelf :mad:

(actuall said this in a lecture on day, cvnty mac cvnterson)

:eek: gag....like seriously, shut your gob or I'll puke all over ye....the bang of minger off ye

***** who brake for no apparent reason......
    Women that drive like oul fellas....really???? GET THE FVCK OFF THE ROAD YOU UTTER CLOWN :mad: Its YOU!!! YOU"RE the reason women drivers have such a bad name...

Nearly ran up a stupid bitches arse yesterday, cause she decided at the last minute to stop when she was already half way onto the round-about.....had to stand on my brakes and the oncoming car had to let her out cause she was bloking the lane. and to top it all off, the stupid bint didnt even notice me behind her....wanted to get out and punch the face off her :mad::mad:

crap!! now im all angry again

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    That reminds me: call centre staff who ask if there's anything else they can help with when they haven't helped with the thing you called for

thats probably becuase your not the acc holder, or you were a pr!ck!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement