Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that annoy you...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

booboo88 wrote: »
    thats probably becuase your not the acc holder, or you were a pr!ck!!!

Or, by the sounds of it, you were on the other end of the line

I'm a software developer and I worked in jobs for years that required me to call costumer care of multiple companies many times every day so I'm not some rube who doesn't know what he's talking about

For example I know about the data protection act that means they can only talk to the account holder or a nominated contact

Edit: btw, I quoted you because you reminded me of it, not to suggest that you do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Every time I read this thread, I think of more things/people that annoy me - dunno what that says about me!! :P

Additions:
    People who insist on standing in the middle of the elevator - move to one side and let others past! Same goes for people who walk in reeeally slooooow groups and take up the whole path. MOVE!

Guitar music with the treble up too high.

People who chew gum noisily. I don't even know how they do it but it's so irritating! Was doing an exam last year and a girl in the next row was chewing gum in the loudest possible way, made my skin crawl and was so distracting!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

carlybabe1 wrote: »
    Why oh why would you want to :confused:

I wanted to experience what my mam went through giving birth is all. Quite alot of swearing was done but I wasn't in labour as long as I was with my 1st child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Having to shout over so-called background music that no one wants or is listening to in order to have a conversation in a pub. There you are, having a good chat with friends, as are groups of people all around the pub. There is a good buzz in the place and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and the pub is quite full, so they are doing a good business. Then all of a sudden music starts blaring from speakers, either from recorded music or a live performer in a place that is not a music pub or concert venue. The staff have put this on and although they have to shout at you to repeat your order because they can't hear you over the din of the music and the voices that have had to be raised to maintain the conversations, they won't even turn the music down, never mind off completely. After getting rid of smoke, it is now the most annoying thing in a pub. If we want music, we'll go to a music pub or concert venue. The regular pubs should leave the music off so that people can continue to enjoy their night as they were up to the point the music was put on. Background music is all very well, but it should be just that: background music.

Those lemurs in Fota that steal your ice-creams. And people who think Kurt Cobain is on Glee.:mad::mad::eek:

who the hell are these people??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

People who point to the sandwich fillings in Subway / O'Briens etc.

Seriously the staff have been there all day, they know where the lettuce is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

My wife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

My wife

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

shar01 wrote: »
    People who point to the sandwich fillings in Subway / O'Briens etc.

Seriously the staff have been there all day, they know where the lettuce is.

yes but if your hearing is impaired then its sometimes easier, as theres usually background noise.

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Or, by the sounds of it, you were on the other end of the line
    get personal much?
    Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'm a software developer and I worked in jobs for years that required me to call costumer care of multiple companies many times every day so I'm not some rube who doesn't know what he's talking about

For example I know about the data protection act that means they can only talk to the account holder or a nominated contact

Edit: btw, I quoted you because you reminded me of it, not to suggest that you do it

I know but thats why in my experience I cant help them, but yet I still get the abuse so firgive me if I dont find smart ass comments funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

My wife

Me too,she's been a right pain lately hasn't she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ludovician

People who mime using cutlery when explaining that they want a knife and fork in an Asian restaurant.

Seriously, even if the waitstaff don't speak a lot of English, I'm pretty sure "silverware" is right up there at the top of their vocabulary list if they work in a restaurant!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

West Brit culture

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

When someone says something to you and you said "What?" because you can't hear them and they just say "Nevermind."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

tr0llface wrote: »
    When someone says something to you and you said "What?" because you can't hear them and they just say "Nevermind."

Wha....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When you're in a café/restaurant and someone sits at the next table and face you. Then they take out their phone to read a text and point the phone it at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭The Shark

Here are some irritating points to air travel.
    That big rush to board a plane, all the muppets cramming on to be first to get their seat, Then looking at the last people to get on in disgust as if we were delaying them. :rolleyes:
    Then as soon as the un-buckled seatbelt light turns off the madness starts with the overhead compartments that they just put their stuff in has to be rifled through one more time just to make sure there crap is still there where they left it.
    Oh and infamous toilet trips.You are on an hour flight do you really need to be up and down the isle five or six times busting past seats on your way.
    Not to mention the bint that sits behind you hacking and sniffing gunge in there throat blugh..
    Baggage reclaim always boils my blood, yeah sure leave the kids burst through everyone to reclaim the 20kg bags they'l do the job alright.
    Or the clueless mid 40s women "oh I think its that one" "Oh its not" Running commentary on the whole baggage cart.
    Im sure there's loads more but its good to get that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

For me, it has to be people who take light entertainment shows too seriously....

If you consider the bullying of vulnerable people to be 'light entertainment', then you must have very low moral values indeed.

Sad.

If you consider the bullying of vulnerable people to be 'light entertainment', then you must have very low moral values indeed.

Sad.
    Its hardly bullying if she signed up for it, if anything its the fault of people who told her she could sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Its hardly bullying if she signed up for it, if anything its the fault of people who told her she could sing.

It's hardly murder, if you allow someone to murder you. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

People in shops who don't know how to print out a receipt from the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Trying to buy Nurofen+ for my migraines.
    For any pharmacists reading,you are just supposed to ask what it's for and maybe recommending something else(which don't work which is why I'm asking for Nurofen+)and not demanding a letter from doctor or refusing to sell them to me.
    Being made to feel like I just asked for heroin isn't on.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

Hardly, that woman clearly is one of our 'vulnerable' in society and I don't understand why anyone could find it funny to mock her. They vet every act before they get to that stage and yet they just keep putting her back on year after year because saddo's think it funny. :rolleyes:

Anyway....I hate when you are in bed, just about to nod off and then you need to go for a wee. Ye end up trying to ignore it but eventually you just have to give in and get bloody up and over the to toilet. :( Such a waste of precious sleep time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

OasisGirl wrote: »
    Hardly, that woman clearly is one of our 'vulnerable' in society and I don't understand why anyone could find it funny to mock her. They vet every act before they get to that stage and yet they just keep putting her back on year after year because saddo's think it funny. :rolleyes:

Anyway....I hate when you are in bed, just about to nod off and then you need to go for a wee. Ye end up trying to ignore it but eventually you just have to give in and get bloody up and over the to toilet. :( Such a waste of precious sleep time.

Get some rubber sheets and don't worry about it.

OasisGirl wrote: »

Im not saying its funny to mock, but what ever happened to being realistic. I dont even watch the x factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

cofy wrote: »
    OK now that would really get me angry.
    Same here, have loads more pics like that, taken locally, those weren't even the worst. I'd love to catch the f#ckers at it. Then again, they'd get off with a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 FurryFace

Derek Mooney annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sad.

Ah here, get off you're high horse, will you? My moral values are just grand, thanks.

How do you, or anyone else know the woman was 'vulnerable'? There are many eccentric people who audition for the show, doesn't mean they're mentally unstable! She gave as good as she got.

In fairness,she was told on previous occasions that her voice wasn't good enough, but she chose to come back of her own free will, no one forced her into doing anything.

Also, don't believe everything you read - according to people who were in the audience that day, the edit didn't show her having a laugh on stage with Gary, or him going backstage to check that she was alright. Read the comments under the article below from a couple of audience members who were actually there:

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a341687/x-factor-gary-barlow-mocked-ceri-rees-in-cut-scenes.html

I can't believe how seriously some people take this show... It's just light entertainment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Andromeda_111

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Get some rubber sheets and don't worry about it.

:eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 cereal-killer

py2006 wrote: »
    I think you need to go back to bed! :pac:

Yeah you're right... was a bit OD'd on neurofen plus this morning...

Edit;
    Things that annoy me:
    Ear infections. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah you're right... was a bit OD'd on neurofen plus this morning...

Edit;
    Things that annoy me:
    Ear infections. :)

oh god i feel ur pain, been getting them all my life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Dionysus wrote: »
    Aside from "people posting on discussion fora giving out about things that annoy them", what annoys you?

For me, it has to be something I had long forgotten but rediscovered tonight: the people whom you meet in classes who monopolise the conversation to the extent of not allowing the lecturer/teacher, the person whose expertise you are paying to hear, to teach you and everybody else.

Everybody tries to be polite to them, but you can see the eyes being raised as time after time the same person interrupts to redirect the class to whatever flight of fancy he or she has taken. It is shameful than any adult with a smidgen of sensitivity or respect could be oblivious to their selfishness among a group of people.

Anyway, what annoys you?

Pizza faced lank haired 'students' who never paid a cent tax, telling me how to live my life and whom I should support and what fly-blown country is currently under threat from the US, Israel, Tesco , the UK,Saudi Arabia.

fcukers tilting at windmills, while John Q taxpayer bankrolls their existence.

Boil my piss big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭blackwhite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

The pictures of thick succulent juicy hamburgers in fast food restaurant menu's above the counter, and when you order one, it looks nothing like that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Davidson2k9

When people purposely say 'teh' instead of 'the' and 'then' instead of 'than'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

I was gonna start a fresh thread, but sure one already exists.

My one is people who walk full speed around busy streets looking backwards or sideways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Almost everything tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Everything annoys me, I am at the grumpy age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Insomnia. Pain in the arse lying awake for hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

when people say 'I seen' and 'I done'..it makes me angry

Insomnia. Pain in the arse lying awake for hours.

Pull your plum it relaxes you and you then nod off, that's what the doctor told me to do.

Colmustard wrote: »
    Pull your plum it relaxes you and you then nod off, that's what the doctor told me to do.

7 times in a row. Doesn't help.

Whiskey mixed with camomile tea helps me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

RSA

Whiskey mixed with camomile tea helps me.

Yea, well whiskey definitely helps. I developed a bad habit before of having a hot whiskey or or two every night after work to get to sleep though.

I've tried everything at this stage, eating well, exercising, no distractions before bed, not eating for hours before, showering directly before bed & using fresh sheets every few days. Just have to put up with it really.

• Advertisement

Ok maybe that is what is keeping you awake.

I always hate the anxiety about insomnia you start to worry will you be able to get throuh the next day and that make the insomnia worse.

Yea, well whiskey definitely helps. I developed a bad habit before of having a hot whiskey or or two every night after work to get to sleep though.

I've tried everything at this stage, eating well, exercising, no distractions before bed, not eating for hours before, showering directly before bed & using fresh sheets every few days. Just have to put up with it really.

One or two is no harm though, many studies suggest a little alcohol every day is actually beneficial. I would definitely give my cocktail a go, knocks me out and I have insomnia quite frequently, like you.

One or two is no harm though, many studies suggest a little alcohol every day is actually beneficial. I would definitely give my cocktail a go, knocks me out and I have insomnia quite frequently, like you.

I've never tried it, so I'll give it a go. Thanks man :)

I would empty the jails of rapists and peadophiles to make room for people that crash on the M50 can you be more inconsiderate. Your late for work and the crash twats have a good excuse as to what kept them.

How do you crash on the M50 like all the cars are going the same direction and moving, its not like town were everyone is stopping and starting and there are traffic lights.

They should be executed on the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Repitition

and people who don't read the whole thread before posting

• Advertisement
Advertisement