Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook Newsfeed-why,why,why?!!

• 21-09-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭

Seriously, why do Facebook continually mess with the layout of their site??! Its driving me insane. I could just about get over the ridiculous new "chat" layout....but the new Newsfeed. WTF? I dont want everyone to see when i comment,like,post to someones wall...now there seems to be some continuous stream of tripe on the right hand side. I love facebook, but im beginning to get more and more disillusioned and downright annoyed with their "tweaks" to the already endlessly confusing settings and layouts.Grrrr....:mad:

Comments

It's weird. I've had the Facebook revamp today, yet my Chat reverted back to the old style a few weeks ago and it's still that way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭AMPSound

"If it's not broken - break it"
    Facebook Developers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Coming to a facebook near you soon....

Facebook Timeline...

https://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=10150289612087131

:rolleyes:

Yet more changes on the way, roll out starts tomorrow, not sure when we get it in Ireland, prob a week or so later....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,849 ✭✭✭✭28064212

anniehoo wrote: »
    I dont want everyone to see when i comment,like,post to someones wall
    They already could. The new 'mini-newsfeed' does not reveal any information that wasn't already viewable.

And if you don't like seeing it, just grab the bar between feed and chat and drag it up as high as it goes, then you can ignore the tiny bit that's left

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

What Facebook decides is less important will go into the ticker. What's more important ends up in the main newsfeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Julio__Bitchez

All the status' on my homepage were complaining about the "ticker" on the right hand side of the page....Cant wait to see when we get the even newer facebook...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

I've been using Fluff Busting Purity for a year or so, and can honestly say I would not use Facebook without it. Here is the link - http://www.fbpurity.com/

For those of you nervous about installing software, here's a different method to stop everyone seeing what you like, comment on, etc. If your friends all do the same, you won't have to see what they like, comment on, etc. either :)

Hover over a name, wait for the box to load and then hover over the "Subscribe" link. Then uncheck the "Comments and likes" choice. It makes comments on friends' posts private.
    Repost the above if you don't want your EVERY MOVE posted on the right for everyone to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Roisin87

anniehoo wrote: »
    I dont want everyone to see when i comment,like,post to someones wall...now there seems to be some continuous stream of tripe on the right hand side.:

Few friends of mine felt the same way about this particular feature apparently this will stop it... I'm not sure if it actually works but worth a try if your that unhappy with it.

Just get your friends to move their mouse over your name, wait for the box to load and then move your mouse over the "Subscribe" link. Then uncheck the "Comments and Likes".

Hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Best way to sort out the info other people see on the ticker/feed is to sort out your security/privacy settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭crushproof

Wow, I'm actually shocked!!
    Looks like facebook has given in and reverted back to the old style, no more news ticker feed on the side. Back to the "Top Stories / Most recent" format. Has Zuckerburg actually listened to the users for once? He must have heard I was trying to get everyone over to G+

Edit: Agh! What! No! It's gone back to the new again....what le f**k facebook!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

crushproof wrote: »
    Wow, I'm actually shocked!!
    Looks like facebook has given in and reverted back to the old style, no more news ticker feed on the side. Back to the "Top Stories / Most recent" format. Has Zuckerburg actually listened to the users for once? He must have heard I was trying to get everyone over to G+

Just signed in myself a little while ago and was surprised to see the old style, would be nice if they left it that way, but we'll see.

edit: No, changing between the two styles now, God only knows what they are at!

As of today I'm now back on the new chat. All this messing about is making me think Facebook are doing a Bebo - annoy your userbase with constant changes until they move somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Karsini wrote: »
    As of today I'm now back on the new chat. All this messing about is making me think Facebook are doing a Bebo - annoy your userbase with constant changes until they move somewhere else.

Where would they go? Back to Bebo? :D

I've switched over to the new Timeline format - reminds me of Bebo.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hi have to say I'm loving the new Timeline profile layout, makes Facebook easier to read and good to group things.

BrianD wrote: »
    I've switched over to the new Timeline format - reminds me of Bebo.

I said the same when I saw the preview of it.

Within the last hour or so my Chat has changed again. Yesterday and earlier today the chat bar was only showing me my online contacts, now it's gone back to the original style of showing everyone. Highly considering downgrading Firefox so I can use the Greasemonkey script again. :mad:

I said the same when I saw the preview of it.

Within the last hour or so my Chat has changed again. Yesterday and earlier today the chat bar was only showing me my online contacts, now it's gone back to the original style of showing everyone. Highly considering downgrading Firefox so I can use the Greasemonkey script again. :mad:

Does the Greasemonkey script not work in FF7? I downgraded back to FF6 as Fastdial is not available in FF7, plus a whole load more add-ons that I use.

cardol wrote: »
    Does the Greasemonkey script not work in FF7? I downgraded back to FF6 as Fastdial is not available in FF7, plus a whole load more add-ons that I use.

No it doesn't, seems to be a known issue.

No it doesn't, seems to be a known issue.

Thanks for the heads-up, one more reason to keep FF6 for a while longer.... :)

Advertisement