Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving a post as a draft

Options
  • 21-09-2011 10:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I would LOVE to be able to compose a post, save it as a draft and post it at a time of my choosing, in much the same way as I can with an email.
    Is this feasible?

(I can't write and think as fast as most Boardsies.)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

slowburner wrote: »
    I would LOVE to be able to compose a post, save it as a draft and post it at a time of my choosing, in much the same way as I can with an email.
    Is this feasible?

(I can't write and think as fast as most Boardsies.)

Good idea, I did raise the same point with mods before and was advised to save my drafts in Word and cut and paste over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just write your posts in a text editor first. Then copy and paste the text when you're ready to reply to a thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I shall try that out
    Yes it works.
    Problem solved.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Using Word would be very cumbersome.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Start a private blog on Wordpress/Blogger/whatever, and save your drafts there.

• Advertisement

Will try that too, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

use Notepad either as opposed to remembering another login. there appears to be problems copying text from Word for non-white skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

PM yourself with the text.

I like this idea, it gives me the option to insult and harass myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

If you pm'd yourself abuse, can you report yourself for abuse and be banned?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

No, that would be self-abuse, something which is increasingly seen as a normal part of post-pubescent human behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Notepad would probably be best, no problems with copying the formatting across to boards.

Advertisement