Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lautrecs closed?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 10:13pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heard that Lautrecs closed today. Anyone got any further info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I passed by it earlier and it was closed, but all the tables were set inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

testicle wrote: »
    I passed by it earlier and it was closed, but all the tables were set inside.
    same here. hope it doesn't close as that would mean another business gone which carlow does not need.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Lautrecs Kilkenny are not answering their phone either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Yes, it seems it is really closed,pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

was closed this evening when walking by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I will miss their Early Bird - so reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dolally

Both reataurants are closed. The owners called staff to meeting and announced immediate closure of business according to a member of staff i know. It's sad really and a sign of the times unfortunately.

Was the best restaurant in town by a country mile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

dolally wrote: »
    Both reataurants are closed. The owners called staff to meeting and announced immediate closure of business according to a member of staff i know. It's sad really and a sign of the times unfortunately.

They knew it was closing over 2 months ago but kept on selling vouchers to unsuspecting customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

TheZohan wrote: »
    They knew it was closing over 2 months ago but kept on selling vouchers to unsuspecting customers.

And where did you get this information from?

• Advertisement

foundry wrote: »

I'm subscribed to a business email and I get a list of companies appointing liquidators etc etc. they were on the list two months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I think I actually seen that now you mention it.

foundry wrote: »

I'm subscribed to a business email and I get a list of companies appointing liquidators etc etc. they were on the list two months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

I wonder will Sallys open again. There are soo many restaraunts these days, I wouldnt mind a few more cafe's. What about when you want to bring the kids in somewhere for fish fingers and chips on a Sunday or something.

I remember eating in Sallys on my school lunch break, place had a great buzz about it then, full of teenagers like. Where do they go now... outside chippers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

They they had a great breakfast also, and wasn't expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

While it's bad news from a jobs perspective, I'm not *that* sad to see it go, the standard had been dropping steadily for nigh-on two years - portions getting smaller while the prices stayed the same, quality of the ingredients falling, service getting snarkier, etc.

Unfortunately, it says a lot about the standard (and number) of restaurants in Carlow that Lautrec's was considered one of the best.

Hopefully someone will take up the space and do something a bit different with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shrekked

While its a great loss to the staff, its not a great loss for Carlow. It went progressively downhill over the last number of years. Its a pity because once it was top class. I even remember when they first opened in Kilkenny, as a tex-mex, excellent. My last experience in Carlow was a less than mediocre meal for two couples and a rude staff member. Never went again.

God prevent another Asian or Italian opening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

I was given a voucher for 60 euro for Lautrecs I suppose its worthless now .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

bogof wrote: »
    I was given a voucher for 60 euro for Lautrecs I suppose its worthless now .

if the buyer paid by credit card, they can get the money back from their credit card company

A friend of mine was telling me that there's a sign in the window to say it's re-opening. I'm not sure if it will be operated by the same people or if they will accept old vouchers, worth a shot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Toulouse Lautrec

lautrecs announced its closure on the 6th of sept and not in july as someone mentioned. there were no vouchers sold from the 6th to its closure on the 18th of sept. Lautrecs carlow is opening next thurs at 5pm and will accept old vouchers from previous owner....

• Advertisement

lautrecs announced its closure on the 6th of sept and not in july as someone mentioned. there were no vouchers sold from the 6th to its closure on the 18th of sept. Lautrecs carlow is opening next thurs at 5pm and will accept old vouchers from previous owner....

Yes they announced their closure on the 6th but it was known long before that that they were closing. You might be aware that any notices have to be legally published when a company appoints a receiver, liquidator etc. and these notices are published by a number of websites and are included in weekly newsletters.

It's good news that you're still accepting old vouchers.

I hope the quality of the food improves. We don't need another average restaurant in Carlow, the town is full of them. Do you have any plans to open for breakfast?

the newspaper notice were published on the 6th of sept! anyway onwards and upwards! new menu, new chef... open for dinner wed - sat 5-10, sun lunch 1-5, dinner 5-9 for moment, plan is breakfast 8 -12, lunch 12-3 and dinner 5-10 by late november... any suggestions on breakfast from newyork gladly accepted... au revoir:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Why are people allowed to tell such lies and get away with it is beyond me.

Unless you have PROOF that they sold any vouchers from 6th Sept when original notice on insolvency journal was published - you should shut the eff up.

Stupid people with stupid made up crap that has no proof or basis that affect businesses and jobs should be banned.

maxer68 wrote: »
    Why are people allowed to tell such lies and get away with it is beyond me.

Unless you have PROOF that they sold any vouchers from 6th Sept when original notice on insolvency journal was published - you should shut the eff up.

Stupid people with stupid made up crap that has no proof or basis that affect businesses and jobs should be banned.

I didn't say they sold any vouchers from the 6th of Sept, please show me where I did and I'll unreservedly apologise, till then "you should shut the eff up" yourself. :rolleyes::rolleyes: It's not my fault if you cannot read. :rolleyes:

A mate of mine had a meal in the restaurant over the last couple of days and said it was very good, great to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

I didn't say they sold any vouchers from the 6th of Sept, please show me where I did and I'll unreservedly apologise, till then "you should shut the eff up" yourself. :rolleyes::rolleyes: It's not my fault if you cannot read. :rolleyes:

A mate of mine had a meal in the restaurant over the last couple of days and said it was very good, great to hear it.

What part of your post do you not understand - I've highlighted the part that says the sold vouchers after they knew it was closing. Though the fact that they are accepting old & new vouchers makes it irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Guys
    Remember as per the forum charter attack the post and not the poster.
    Any personal attacks will result in a forum ban.

Regards
    Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

Welcome back Lautrecs. I have dined there many times and always had a good meal. I look forward to meeting you all soon . ps.get brighter light bulbs !

Is Lautrecs open on the BH Monday?

Lautrecs in carlow is not open on b/h monday......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 the mucker

Ate there last week. Didnt know it had closed and reopened. Same menu, still way overpriced in current climate and disappointing food. Pity. All old staff gone.
    l

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement