Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dental paranoia

Options
  • 21-09-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi Like many poster I put off going to the dentist for long time. I have been wearing an upper denture for years which I hate and have several other problems. After examination & x-rays my dentist surprised me by saying that he could replace the denture and fix my other problems. But even better he said other, better dentures were available (cobalt?). Better still I could consider a bridge instead of the hated denture! And I could even consider implants!

My problem is (leaving aside cost, for now) that I have gone on an internet safari and have read lots of cases where bridgework and/or implants may not be suitable and, i am now convinced that when I go back to the good doctor he will say I am doomed to wear dentures again.

To attempt to answer my own question I should wait until my next visit when all will be revealed but i really am paranoid about this and it is getting me down. So can any qualified person clarify this for me?

Boss

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OP though there are dentists on the forums that do provide very helpful and infomative advice , you will only get a definitive answer from the dentist you go to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

nothing spreads like bad news. there's actually very very few cases where implants are completely contra indicated, so if your dentist has said that they can be an option, then i'd take that as being the case.

Advertisement