Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a job?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

SRK is hiring! And it's actually a paid position......as strange as that is to see on a gaming website of any kind, but particularly a competitive gaming site!

http://shoryuken.com/2011/09/21/shoryuken-is-hiring/
    kineda wrote:
    We’re looking for several talented writers and editors with deep knowledge of the fighting game scene to join Shoryuken’s editorial team.
    Interested? Keep reading.
    Ideal candidates should have a passion for fighting games, possess excellent writing and communication skills, and be dedicated to
    continue making Shoryuken the top destination for all things fighting game related. You’ll be responsible for day-to-day writing duties and publishing content including but not limited to news, features, rumors, previews, reviews, editorials, as well as reporting on industry related events and tournaments.

Requirements:
    Outstanding writing skills
    Extensive knowledge of fighting game scene, fighting games (new and old) and various gaming platforms.
    Unique voice (we don’t need a bunch of clones)
    Understand the fast pace of online journalism
    Detail oriented yet passionate about being first to a story
    Ability to interview influencers and companies
    Detailed major event coverage
    Experience with WordPress, social media, basic HTML, and graphic design software such as Photoshop is a big plus.
    From breaking news to major event coverage, employment at Shoryuken will keep you on your toes at all times. If you feel you fit some or all of the prerequisites and preferred skills, apply via email to kineda@shoryuken.com.

Subject: Shoryuken Editor – Full Name
    Your city, state and country
    Your e-mail address
    Your phone number
    Your AOL IM address
    A brief cover letter (less than 200 words) telling us why you’re the
    right person for the job
    A fighting game related writing sample (no more than 700 words)
    If available, a selection of links that show off your best written articles
    Three links that you feel best exemplify the sort of content we want on Shoryuken
    Three suggestions on how you would improve Shoryuken

We’ll only consider complete applications. After we’ve narrowed the field down to couple hand full of candidates, we’ll call each one to talk in more detail about the gig. Due to the expected volume of applications, we cannot respond to each and every application, but we do thank every applicant for considering joining the team.

This is a paid position.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

RandomSelect is enough for me methinks!

Having said that, I wouldn't mind applying as I have been enjoying scrounging for news and getting paid for it would be delicious. I imagine there'd be issues with writing for two fighting game news sites though and I love you guys too much to abandon RS.ie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Translation:
    "We're kinda embarrassed that Keits does everything, and kinda screwed up the SBO thing."

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Translation:
    "We're kinda embarrassed that Keits does everything, and kinda screwed up the SBO thing."

Oh? what happend with srk and sbo? I know what happend at sbo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gazzza18

hi people really need help i have 5 and half hours in packing and production in teva pharmaceuticals and really need a job fast if anyone knows if theres factorys hiring anywhere in waterford cork dublin with good salary please reply with info please really be grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Five and a half hours is an amazing amount of work experience. I'm sure you'll be snapped up in seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 gazzza18

you would think so i applied everywhere all over munster cant get any luck at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

gazzza18 wrote: »
    you would think so i applied everywhere all over munster cant get any luck at all

Wait you're not a bot?

This needs an appropriate test!

Quick, what does this say?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlwQL1WN2SbGB7SlWie9FjB2WxHoZ9FtgCKj9n2Fq4IlTimKyfCQ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you ****in free loaders on the Dole money, should do something with your lives.
    go go go go go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I combed my fringe over my eyes and got some skinny jeans.

Instant Money, Instant Power, Instant Women.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

xbox360-3-red-lights.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lads, stop being nasty to the poor lost soul.
    gazzza18 wrote: »

This is a forum for fighting games, not for jobs, that forum is
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Did or is anyone going to apply to SRK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sairus wrote: »
    Did or is anyone going to apply to SRK?

They can't afford me :pac:

Advertisement