Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accepting cards - card present...

Options
  • 21-09-2011 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

hi, i want to be able to accept payment for services for one of my companies via cards, visa/debit / laser etc.

my preference is for a card terminal that works on wifi, and has no requirement to be plugged into a phone line, as I want to be able to accept payment while out on service calls.

i had a look at worldnet and their iphone based app, but havent heard a lot about them.

can anyone recommend a provider that can provide a wireless credit card terminal that works off wifi?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

Not strictly what you're looking for but you can get gsm(ie mobile phone) credit card machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

got prices from a bank

gprs credit card terminal €38.99 + vat rental, minimum 2 year contract.

minimum monthly recurring cost €30, ( only applies if card charges dont amount to €30 in a monthly period.

setup fee €190

3% on Credit Card Transactions
    35 Cent on Laser Card transactions
    39 Cent on Visa Debit Card Transactions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 MarkWN

LH2011 wrote: »
    hi, i want to be able to accept payment for services for one of my companies via cards, visa/debit / laser etc.

my preference is for a card terminal that works on wifi, and has no requirement to be plugged into a phone line, as I want to be able to accept payment while out on service calls.

i had a look at worldnet and their iphone based app, but havent heard a lot about them.

can anyone recommend a provider that can provide a wireless credit card terminal that works off wifi?

cheers

Hi,

I work in WorldNet. I would be more than happy to take you through our product offering.

We have a lot of merchants using our iPhone App solution in a wide range of industries.

You mentioned that you haven't heard a lot about us, but this could be due to the fact that we believe payment processing should be seamless, at all times - this is supported by our 99.99% uptime stats! :cool: So you won't to see the WorldNet name attached to any bad press because our merchants tend not to have much to complain about.

You can contact me on 01-524 1099 if you would like to discuss our service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

If you set up your website to take payments, you can process payments anywhere with an iPhone, that's the way I do it and I'd be absolutely lost without it. No terminal necessary, the iPhone is basically operating as a terminal.

If you set up your website to take payments, you can process payments anywhere with an iPhone, that's the way I do it and I'd be absolutely lost without it. No terminal necessary, the iPhone is basically operating as a terminal.

• Advertisement

Yes - that is a way of doing it, but an arduous one at that.

In your case, you must have to open the browser on your iPhone, login to your virtual terminal using your login username and password (i.e. expanding the page etc.) and then find the payment page - before inputting the card details. All very well, but if a customer is on the other end of the phone while you do this, it can get frustrating.

WorldNet offer a mobile compatible solution. All you have to do is click on the app icon and the payment page will appear - allowing you to process secure credit/debit card payments, with real-time authorisation in a split-second. Allowing you to, truly, have payments 'on the go'.

MarkWN wrote: »
    Yes - that is a way of doing it, but an arduous one at that.

In your case, you must have to open the browser on your iPhone, login to your virtual terminal using your login username and password (i.e. expanding the page etc.) and then find the payment page - before inputting the card details. All very well, but if a customer is on the other end of the phone while you do this, it can get frustrating.

WorldNet offer a mobile compatible solution. All you have to do is click on the app icon and the payment page will appear - allowing you to process secure credit/debit card payments, with real-time authorisation in a split-second. Allowing you to, truly, have payments 'on the go'.

No, I don't have to do any of that at all actually. The way we do it is we store quotations on our website database and if a customer wants to proceed with the quote, we have one page on our website where you can just put in the six digit quote number and hit submit. That pulls up the quote, then you click one more button land you land on the payment page. We pre-populate the quotation with the customers name, contact number, dispatch address, etc, so you put in one reference number and everything comes up on the click of a button, then you click one button to go to the payment page, put in your card details, click another button and you get successful or declined.

Very simple really, no 2 year contracts, no terminal charges, etc. ;)

It's very easy functionality to put on a website, once you get past the Realex integration. No terminal charges, or 2 year contracts,

No, I don't have to do any of that at all actually. The way we do it is we store quotations on our website database and if a customer wants to proceed with the quote, we have one page on our website where you can just put in the six digit quote number and hit submit. That pulls up the quote, then you click one more button land you land on the payment page. We pre-populate the quotation with the customers name, contact number, dispatch address, etc, so you put in one reference number and everything comes up on the click of a button, then you click one button to go to the payment page, put in your card details, click another button and you get successful or declined.

Very simple really, no 2 year contracts, no terminal charges, etc. ;)

It's very easy functionality to put on a website, once you get past the Realex integration. No terminal charges, or 2 year contracts,

Oh, seems like a very integrated solution. A lot of merchants would also use one of our mobile integration methods in a range handheld devices, giving them the convenience of the iPhone App interface in an altogether more integrated and mobile environment - we'd be more than happy to have a discussion about the range of integrated options, if you would like to give us a call.

Though the iPhone App option, which I discussed in my previous post, would not require any integration and seems suitable for the requirements of the original poster.

Advertisement