Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Router

• 21-09-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭

Need a little help with settings.
    short version. With vodafone. broadband useless , threw out vodafone router , put in eircom netopia(isp still vodafone just not they're router) suddenly my ping is back and most if not all of my 3mb connection
    1495266256.png

issue I have is in order to play online (cod4, blops, BFBC2) i have to turn off firewall, with it on I can see servers but not connect. Tried portforwarding . No change. Any Ideas what I am doing wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Joeface wrote: »
    Tried portforwarding . No change. Any Ideas what I am doing wrong.
    Not really as you haven't really provided much information.
    You tried portforwarding - what steps did you take?
    A netopia router - which model?

With the 2247NWG Netopia I find you have to set the firewall to Low, set up a static NAT pointing to the device you need forwarded (presumably your XBox or whatever) and then forward your port.

There may be other details that need changing if using the router on Vodafone, I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Joeface

A netopia router - which model? 2247NWG

You tried portforwarding - what steps did you take?
    pretty much what you said in your post.
    point it my Desktop , went to portforward.com and got each of the ports and settings required for the games I use , added each of these and the Enabled them.

and reboot router just to be sure to be sure . verified ports were open , pass.
    Firewall was set to low at the time , but still came up connection timed on PC

went back in to router , disabled firewall , saved setting , alt-tab back into game refreshed servers and it connected first go.

ah I shall just redo it all again this evening and try and see if i missed something.

Advertisement