Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toolkit for road bike???

• 21-09-2011 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering can anyone recommend a reasonably price tool kit for a road bike which is easy to use and can carry out most repairs?? Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

this is what you want

sorry just realized its out of stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

I just saw that too! Thanks though. Any others around that price range? Just checking myself at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

This from Wiggle looks kinda similar, though I can't vouch for the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Sorry I think that is also out of stock.

This from evans Cycles has good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Sorry I think that is also out of stock.

This from evans Cycles has good reviews.

I recently bought that very toolkit from my LBS (Cycle Surgery in Dundrum) for €46.

Great little kit which has more than enough tools for my limited mechanical prowess.

It nothing else it's worth it to have the tools to take off your chain and cassette to give them a proper clean. No more hours of heartbreak with a toothbrush biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

SuiteCheex wrote: »
    I recently bought that very toolkit from my LBS (Cycle Surgery in Dundrum) for €46.

Great little kit which has more than enough tools for my limited mechanical prowess.

It nothing else it's worth it to have the tools to take off your chain and cassette to give them a proper clean. No more hours of heartbreak with a toothbrush biggrin.gif

Just wondering have you bout from CRC lately. I googled them and there seems to have been issues regarding credit card details being used fraudulently in the past??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Bought a bit of winter kit last week, forgot about that CC issue TBH. Only suspicious transactions on the credit card to date by Mrs. Surveyor11:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

ccull123 wrote: »
    Just wondering have you bout from CRC lately. I googled them and there seems to have been issues regarding credit card details being used fraudulently in the past??

I've always paid with Paypal when purchasing from CRC and have had no problems to date.

I think the issue arose if you had paid CRC directly. Your credit cards details were then on CRC's database which was compromised and then the fraudulent transactions started. There's a thread all about it here.

Bottom line, when buying from CRC use Paypal and you'll be OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Sorry correction, paid with Paypal so no issues

crc is great as long as you use paypal, too great actually, ive spent a bloody fortune with them :( half the stuff i dont even need

• Advertisement

you could always drop into halfords and get one of these

have one myself, got it around December last year and its still going strong so the quality isnt that bad, mind you i am going to buy a better toolkit when i get some euro's

Advertisement