Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

students - when do they stop?

Options
  • 21-09-2011 11:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

just about every night for the past few weeks from the hours of 11pm-3/4am the road from town to the IT has been noisy as **** with all those ****ing students wandering home from the pubs, shouting, screaminng and doing anything else they can to be as irritating as possible

does this end at some point? i've never actually lived between town and the it before but is there some point where they stop going out drinking every night of the week and start shutting the **** up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Nope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I understand what your saying but im a student and ive no idea how they can afford to go out "all" these nights.. im broke and live week to week.. my parents help me out now and again but thats usually on bills which are obviously priority.

I'll never get it but unless you make an official complaint to the college then it'll just continue..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'm in two minds. Students drive me insane with their stupid carry-on, but I'm also somewhat dependant on their stupidity mid-week to give me extra work.

When I lived on Green Road, they could be heard at all hours sometimes, incredibly irritating. And they don't stop going out, I don't know where the money comes from, I can't afford to go out often at all, and I work every hour God gives me sometimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well i've had half an hours silence now so I've calmed down a bit, and I know that not all students are loud, obnoxious irritating little ****s so apologies to all the good ones :)

I don't begrudge kids having a good time, or a few nights out.. however they manage to fund it but.. i just needed to vent I guess. it's the shouting I don't understand.. earlier tonight shortly before I posted 2-3 lads walked by my apartment shouting like monkeys .. it was the weirdest ****ing **** and it's not even the weirdest thing I've heard over the past few weeks.

read over the post before hitting submit and I just realised I referred to 18-19 year olds as 'kids'. i'm lucky I don't have a lawn or I'd be other there shouting at them to get off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

It's Freshers Week so maybe it will calm down next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Nead21 wrote: »
    It's Freshers Week so maybe it will calm down next week.

Having been a student for a few years in the IT myself 6-7 years ago it generally does calm down after freshers week.
    Most students go nuts for the 1st week or 2 as it is more than likely their 1st major amount of time away from home without parental supervision and with money in their pocket after summer! Then when they start to realise that there are bills to pay and they may actually have to do some work in college they start to calm down significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭royston_vasey

I live in Southern Gardens and I can tell you that it doesn't stop it is a constant all during the academic year. It does peak at various times the next being Rag Week.

I had to ring work this morning to say I'll be in late as I got 3 hours sleep on Monday and 4 hours last night.

As regards the money, one of them across the way from me is driving a '10 Golf and it is my experience that those who are more privileged tend to be the most troublesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

Have to tell you it goes on all year. Summer is a lull. That's it. I lived for 15 years with it and just moved to other side of town a few years ago and the FIRST thing i noticed was the peace in the early mornings. No roaring or shouting or cars damaged. BLISS!

Sorry.

Advertisement