Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The History of the Media of Ireland-Second Year Arts Module

• 21-09-2011 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone on this have any idea what this is like?? As I am interested in journalism and media I presume this would be helpful to me..What is the lecturer, Dr.Finola Doyle-O'Neill, like?? Is she interesting? Any help would be great and as soon as possible..I must have the registration form in by 3 pm tomorrow (Thursday).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Anyone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

Didn't do this module, but she seems like a perfectly nice lecturer and the content of her course sounded interesting. The exam paper here gives you a good idea of the course content:

http://booleweb.ucc.ie/ExamPapers/exams2010/History/HI2022Sum2010.pdf

DeValera's Irish Press, Reporting on Northern Ireland and Glenroe sounds like a pretty winning combination :P

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

I have her this year for my Third year module 'The History of Irish Film'; I really wanted this module last year but didn't get it in the end. As a lecturer she's a no **** kind of lady, she doesn't use Bb, she doesn't like you eating in class and she also expects you to attend each lecture and on time. I can't wait to get started with it. I'd assume she's the type of person who expects respect and return gives the same.

She's also on the Cork Film festival committee board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

closeline wrote: »
    Anyone??

Did this module in second year, its really interesting, she has excellent notes and her classes were really interesting because they included video showings as well, the exam was very straight forward at the end of the year, she gives you a run down of what you should know, so if you study you should do very well.

Advertisement