Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post season 2011

• 22-09-2011 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭

It's getting close to that time of the year. So far we have Yankees, Detriot & Phillies. Who else will get there? Will Red Sox make it? Who will win outright?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

muppet_man wrote: »
    It's getting close to that time of the year. So far we have Yankees, Detriot & Phillies. Who else will get there? Will Red Sox make it? Who will win outright?
    Rangers, Brewers and Dbacks will be there. Red Sox and Braves are doing there best to lose out on the wildcard places in the last week or two.

To win it a I gotta go with Phillies, their starting pitching gives them a big edge in tight playoff games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was looking back at my predictions for the season and it looks like the Yankees winning the AL East was the only one I got right (for some reason I had the Braves over the Phillies in the NL East although I did still having them winning the World Series).

So my predictions are worthless but I still have the Phillies beating the Yankees in the World Series. The Red Sox should still hold off the Rays/Angels and but I think the Cardinals will catch the Braves as all they have to play are the Mets/Cubs/Astros.

I dont fancy the Yankees to reach the World Series. I like Detroits and Texas starting pitching over theirs but they will play each other in the first round of the playoff so there will only be one left. Yankees will probably play Boston so anything could happen there.

I picked Detroit to win their division so that will have to be my pick for the World Series against the Phillies of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Coeus wrote: »
    I dont fancy the Yankees to reach the World Series. I like Detroits and Texas starting pitching over theirs but they will play each other in the first round of the playoff so there will only be one left. Yankees will probably play Boston so anything could happen there.

I picked Detroit to win their division so that will have to be my pick for the World Series against the Phillies of course :)

This can't happen. If the wild card comes from the same division as the top seed, then the wild card plays the 2nd seed and the 1st seed plays the 3rd.

Benimar wrote: »
    This can't happen. If the wild card comes from the same division as the top seed, then the wild card plays the 2nd seed and the 1st seed plays the 3rd.
    Oh I wasnt aware of this. So more than likely it will be Texas or Detroit they play then unless the Angels sneek into the wildcard spot. Outside chance of Angels passing Texas aswell as they have a series against each other to play. Should be an interesting finish to the season then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

Bottom of 6th in NYY-v-tigers and CC just got pulled from mound. CC should not of come out for 6th. This indecision may cost yankees the game if not the series

muppet_man wrote: »
    Bottom of 6th in NYY-v-tigers and CC just got pulled from mound. CC should not of come out for 6th. This indecision may cost yankees the game if not the series
    I wouldn't like to be relying on Burnett's arm tonight especially when he wasn't part of the original rotation. Tigers have some good hitters so he'll either need to be on his game or hope he gets alot of run support...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I'd be very worried for the Yankees*. Burnett is indeed weak.
    As a fella on twitter said before, in the first 3 innings you kick yourself for not putting Burnett in your fantasy line up, by inning 6 you are glad you didn't :-)

He had a good September after a disaster of an August...who will turn up in October?

This Cards and Phillies game is of a very high pitching standard!
    Entering the 7th and no score!
    Hamels v Garcia

*IF I LIKED THEM!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

AJ done well tonight, gave up 1 in 1st and seen out 5 2/3 innings for 0. Girardi pulled him too early. Why didn't he do that last night?
    Grandi with two super catches, probably saved 3-4 runs at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

3 out of 4 series going to games 5's. Exciting stuff!

• Advertisement

Phillies and Yankees out, who would have thought. I guess the Phillies might regret beating up on the Braves in their last series of the season letting the Cards into the playoffs. Sets up a great series against the Brewers, lots of bad blood between them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Enjoying this postseason , surprised that phillies are out , happy yankees are out (Im a Mets fan):)

Not surprised Philly are gone, their offence tends to drift in and out. Often struggling to score more than 3 runs a game.
    Their pitchers have saved them on numerous occasions even in the regular season by only giving up a run or 2.
    They say pitching wins you the championship, just don't forget about the batting...

Do people think the Tigrs should have played Verlander in game 4 last night instead of Porcello and had him available for game 7?

Do people think the Tigrs should have played Verlander in game 4 last night instead of Porcello and had him available for game 7?
    I think you got to trust the rotation that got you there rather than pitching a guy twice on 3 days rest. I guess that the Leyland's thinking on this. If it were the Yankees you can be sure that CC would have been asked to pitch Games 1, 4 and 7...

Advertisement