Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature students joining clubs/societies

Options
  • 22-09-2011 5:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Are any other mature students joining any clubs or societies? I've asked a couple of people in my class and they don't seem to have the time or interest. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who has plans to join a few of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

Yeah, I'm going to DCU and I'm planning on joining 4 different clubs and as far as I know there's a few other mature students planning on joining a few aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yep, I joined a few every year but only went to one or two. :o

This year though I've joined a good few clubs and intend to go to a few of them - Dance, Hiking, Sign Language, Tennis, Badminton, Sub Aqua & VDP.

Join what you want. Don't let being a few years older (or a lot of years older) then others in the club put you off joining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

I had no intention of, I've already joined 1 and plan on a few more ;) What's sub aqua? Scuba Diving or something? Sign Language, now there's a hard language to learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yup i joined two - woulda joined more but my timetable (in semester 1 anywho) prevents that as there is a serious lot of hours in there.

I joined the Christian Union and Snow Sports :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

I've joined and been to our Choir Soc and I'm 31 and havn't sung in a choir since I was in primary school :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Should definitely join them! I used to teach a Tae Kwon Do club in a college and I had a girl in her late 20's join and she was the closest thing to a natural I've ever seen!

Hah I joined the snowsoc too. I was in it in Tallaght and I've been to Whistler for the season during the olympics. Can't wait to get away again. Btw did you know they're having some drinking session on Wednesday evening I think it is. I won't be able to go cause I go to college in the evenings! Just my luck eh! Funnily enough I haven't gotten an email or text from them yet about it.

I want to check out the rifle and archery clubs too, they might be a good laugh.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Law Society, I was told to join because they get a few really good speakers in during the year.

yep it tallaght snowsoc!!!! if they are having a sesh on Wednesday night i wont be going :( im a culinary arts student and am in pastry until 9pm that night :(:(:( nope no texts received from them yet. hopefully soon

Hah I was in Tallaght snowsoc for a few years. In UCD now though, traitor! I also have evening classes so that sucks!

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Hah I was in Tallaght snowsoc for a few years. In UCD now though, traitor! I also have evening classes so that sucks!

yes my hours are really rather nasty tbh. 8am monday for 1!!!! but hope i can make it to our agm, and then to many many events for snowsoc :) so beyond delighted to be signed up to this, cos i have always wanted to do skiing and have never had the chance before. odd i know since i live in wicklow and kilternan isn't that far away from wicklow!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I had no intention of, I've already joined 1 and plan on a few more ;) What's sub aqua? Scuba Diving or something? Sign Language, now there's a hard language to learn!

Yep, Scuba diving. Best club evar! haha. Looking forward to the new clubs this year. Will meet lots of different people.

I'd love to scuba dive, only done snorkelling in Mexico and scuba would have been so much more worth it!

Where's tallaght snowsoc going in January for their ski trip? UCD is going to Tignes, €440 for transport, accom and lift pass. Cheap as chips ;)

I'd love to scuba dive, only done snorkelling in Mexico and scuba would have been so much more worth it!

Where's tallaght snowsoc going in January for their ski trip? UCD is going to Tignes, €440 for transport, accom and lift pass. Cheap as chips ;)

i honestly have no clu at the mo. was sick this week so didn't make it to the agm and therefore have been told nothing!

Do they even have a forum or website of some kind? We used to have 1 but it's was a freeweb 1 that's far out of date.

Do they even have a forum or website of some kind? We used to have 1 but it's was a freeweb 1 that's far out of date.

don't know about a website but they have a closed group on facebook.

linky: http://www.facebook.com/groups/137136243018980/

Advertisement