Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KYU Comp - Cancelled

• 22-09-2011 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

From the IJA website:
    Dear Members

The IJA regrets to inform you that due to insufficient entries, the Irish Judo Association has cancelled this event. As of the close date today 21.09.2011, there is less than 35 entries (33 male, 2 female) which is insufficient to run a competitive event for KYU grades. Feedback indicates that less than 5 people are scheduled to turn up on the day, given minimum numbers of at least 80 are required to give each judoka a decent days fighting, the decision has been taken to cancel the event immediately. All refunds will be processed within the next 48 hours.

The IJA appreciates that this is disappointing for the judoka who have entered, but in reality, this competition has been cancelled twice due to lack of entries.

regards

Deirdre

IJA Office

It's a pity this is cancelled, always really enjoyed this event coming up through the ranks since it came back in Galway a few years back. Gave you competitive fights at your own level outside your club.

I'd say the fact that the colleges arent back training yet that long may impact it at this time of the year. Hopefully it'll come back again, i know it was cancelled once. at a time more suited to the colleges calenders. A few weeks after the varsities maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I spoke to Deirdre on the 'phone yesterday about it.

I'm pretty gutted too as I'm chasing points off my black, and with the dan grading the following week I was totally focused and looking forward to hopefully getting the required points between both events.

Advertisement