Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bringing your kid out for a spin

• 22-09-2011 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey all,

I just bought a baby seat for my 11 month old and I know that it is common sense stuff and this is not the best time of the year for it but does anyone have rules of thumb about when to bring them out as in - temp above _oC, dry, clothing ..

I'm just afraid that she will end up freezing or that we'll get caught out in a shower and I will land home with a half frozen, half soaked bundle of coughs.. She hasnt had any need for shoes yet but I suppose we will need them now too and I was thinking of putting leggings on under a pair of trousers and warm tops coat etc.. I suppose you can put a hat under the helmet..

Any tips or rules of thumb that you use would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,168 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

They get very cold because they're not pedalling.

I've been out in the snow with mine, you just have to put on all their clothes at once. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

I remember when mine were small they used to regularly fall asleep in the child seta and their head used to be hanging out the side. Didnt look good but maybe modern seats are better. try and arrange some way of keeping head up/straight for when they do fall asleep..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    I remember when mine were small they used to regularly fall asleep in the child seta and their head used to be hanging out the side. Didnt look good but maybe modern seats are better. try and arrange some way of keeping head up/straight for when they do fall asleep..

That happened to me once ended up cycling home like a maniac so i could keep her awake and get her down for a nap when i got home. Managed to keep her awake the whole way home but by the time i got there she was full of beans and didn't need a nap !

Advertisement