Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moar anti-gaming propaganda !

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Every comment in that "article" essentially boils down to this:

This is something that can be done in the game "I want to do that in real life"

Do these people read a book, and every sentance say "I want to do that"? It's beyond the worst thing I've ever read.

"After reading that article I find myself wanting to never read again." that quote stacks up exactly as well as any he said, the complete simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

as for me well I grew up when games didnt have age restrictons..doom .....resident evil

Are you just making this up or what? Games have had age ratings for a very long time. For good reason.

Doom - BBFC rating of 15s.

Resident Evil BBFC rating of 15s.

I think the first 18s rating given out by the BBFC for a game was as far back as 1986.

As liberal as I am, and even if there is no direct connection between viewing violent media and commiting such acts, there is something not right about allowing a 5 year old to view any 18s rated content.

Maybe older kids (I certainly remember the buzz in doing fatalities in Mortal Kombat when I was 11 or 12). But 5? Seriously?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Interesting article related to age ratings on Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/5843782/taking-the-taboo-out-of-mature-gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Kiith wrote: »
    Interesting article related to age ratings on Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/5843782/taking-the-taboo-out-of-mature-gaming

Oh brilliant, so little kids get to play a violent game in a non-violent matter, meanwhile time spent on making sure it's ok for little tykes is tima taking away from making the game better for the proper audience... Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Pokemon are oriental demons and Minecraft while not evil is addictive and distracting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Pokemon killed my father... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I love one of the comments on youtube

"Pokemon = satanic demons..."

"Names of actual demons: Jigglypuff."

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I gotta admit, that while I'm not under any illusion as to my abilities, I do look at large cathedrals/old buildings and look to plot out a path that Altair/Ezio could climb up, if they were to do such a thing! :pac:

Advertisement