Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train wifi, Ballina to Dublin

Options
  • 22-09-2011 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the Ballina to Dublin train has wifi and a plug socket, to plug a laptop in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Has a plug, no wi-fi

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=981
    "Iarnród Éireann has announced that it is to extend Wi-Fi service across the full Dublin-Cork Intercity fleet following a successful trial on one train on the route."

Not a mention of any other places so don't bet on it ever happening otside major routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

biko wrote: »
    http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=981
    "Iarnród Éireann has announced that it is to extend Wi-Fi service across the full Dublin-Cork Intercity fleet following a successful trial on one train on the route."

Not a mention of any other places so don't bet on it ever happening otside major routes.

they cant even get the online seat booking system working on the trains never mind wifi, id never take the train again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Does anyone know if the Ballina to Dublin train has wifi and a plug socket, to plug a laptop in?

Best to buy a internet dongle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Does anyone know how much is a single ticket from Ballina to Dublin, if bought in the office or on the train? Is there a difference between these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

alex73 wrote: »
    Best to buy a internet dongle

I wouldn't go out to buy one specially. Phone coverage can be hard enough to get sometimes when you're travelling through the Wastelands Midlands, so I can't imagine internet coverage being too impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just get a data package on your phone and tether it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

number10a wrote: »
    I wouldn't go out to buy one specially. Phone coverage can be hard enough to get sometimes when you're travelling through the Wastelands Midlands, so I can't imagine internet coverage being too impressive.

yeah the phone coverae is **** on the train, huge blackspots in areas.

Advertisement