Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox on campus

• 22-09-2011 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Is it just me or does Firefox refuse to load when campus network? Very annoying, anyway to get it to work? or does anyone know why it does not work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

In general you won't get firefox to work on any of the UCC campus network. RickyT seems to have a solution for it below! Has something to with some firewall or something like that. Google chrome and Internet explorer(sadly) are your best bets.

For chrome you'll need to do a bit of tweaking before you use it though.
    Do the following

:Go to the toolbar on the right side of the chrome page

:click on under the hood

:click change proxy settings

:then lan settings

:under the proxy server box put the following in

address: 10.255.255.10

port: 8080

:then click on advanced and tick the box that says use the same proxy for all protocols

Should hopefully work. You might need to untick the boxs if you say head home to your own wifi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

You've gotta change the proxy setting when on the campus network and then change them when you're not on the campus network too.

Go to Settings > Advanced > Network(The tab) > Settings...(Configure how firefox connects to the internet) > Auto detect proxy settings for this network

Used to work for me before I switched to chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 myImage

Thanks for the help. I use this laptop at home, work and on a few other networks so don't want to be messing with settings all the time. Think I will just use chrome when on campus. Thanks anyway.:)

Advertisement