Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor "Pay as you go" Bill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

jor el wrote: »
    If it's in the terms of the PAYG account, and he used the PAYG account, then by using it he will be deemed to have accepted them. Whether this is completely enforcible or not is another question, but I'm sure it probably states that negative balance is a possibility when roaming, and if so then it has been agreed to.

Bingo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I would argue that you shouldn't be able to have a negative balance on a PAYG without at least agreeign to it.

Negative balances are not permitted on prepay accounts and the op should contact ComReg about this. If meteor allow you to use your phone while roaming it is up to them to ensure you have topped up or signed a direct debit mandate beforehand to cover any costs like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭gerryg80

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Negative balances are not permitted on prepay accounts and the op should contact ComReg about this. If meteor allow you to use your phone while roaming it is up to them to ensure you have topped up or signed a direct debit mandate beforehand to cover any costs like this.

I'm currently going back and fought here with meteor, i've also contacted comreg on the issue. Who have asked to be cc'ed on the emails. The last contact i've had with meteor has been "We are forwarding your query to the relevant department" etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

foggy_lad wrote: »

Thats what I would have thought to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

jor el wrote: »
    If it's in the terms of the PAYG account, and he used the PAYG account, then by using it he will be deemed to have accepted them. Whether this is completely enforcible or not is another question, but I'm sure it probably states that negative balance is a possibility when roaming, and if so then it has been agreed to.
    Not necessarily it could be deemed an invalid term

• Advertisement
Advertisement