Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did she wee on me?

• 22-09-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I was sitting on the sofa with the dogs last night. Tegan was by my side and after a while she started licking herself. When I put her on the floor, because there's no bum-licking on the sofa, I noticed that the sofa was wet under her, and my jeans too. It seemed to be more wet than just licking would account for, but I'm not sure. Also, would a dog lick wee?

We did have some trouble with house training her and it took her a couple of years to nail it (she was an adult when she came to me, had never been housetrained, and would go months between wetting incidents). She's never been scolded for weeing, beyond an "Ah-Ah" when seen crouching, and she knows to scratch at the back door to be let out.

She was neutered at about 3, so I'm concious of incontinence. She's quite nervous so it might just be a reaction to the fireworks (it's becoming impossible to walk her in the evenings). Because of her nerves getting a urine sample would be very difficult.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Could it have been her glands draining?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

tk123 wrote: »
    Could it have been her glands draining?

I don't know. There was no smell at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭abbey2000

kylith wrote: »
    I was sitting on the sofa with the dogs last night.

i think i would give the vet a call, just to check. better safe than sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

It could well be from licking, 2 of my JRT are demons for licking clothes and we do end up soaked sometimes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It could well be from licking, 2 of my JRT are demons for licking clothes and we do end up soaked sometimes :rolleyes:
    I don't think so, there were some little pools of liquid, but nothing over a millilitre or two, and she's not a breed that would drool.

I don't think it could have come from anywhere other than her bladder, but I'm thrown by the fact that it was completely colourless and odourless, and that she was licking it. I suppose that the best option is to figure out how to get a urine sample out of her and get it to the vet. The locals think I'm weird enough for picking up the poo, goodness knows what they'll think when they see me collecting wee with a plastic cup on a stick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement