Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Roaming extra call charges (Turkey)

Options
  • 22-09-2011 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

We were in Turkey a few weeks back. (outside the EU) and my wifes phone X8 Xperia would not work to make calls. When ever she tried to call a number it never rang or gave any tone of any sort in the ear piece. It went straight to saying call ended with no counter. My wife tried 26 times over a weeks period to call various numbers and was charged 0.39C for each attempt. Where as T & C and the service message when we landed mentioned nothing about a call connection or attempted connection charge. Customer service says this charge is correct.

I have repeatedly pointed out that it is not in their T & C and at no time did a call ring or make any other tone. I keep getting very generic answers telling me that text messages and other calls make are correctly charged and when they don't address the main issue that I have pointed out to them they asked me to verify I was the person who I claimed to be with every single piece of information being asked for.

I have asked for a complaint number so that after 14 days I can escalate it to COMREG but they have not complied. Has anyone been through this before or can anyone shed any light on this 0.39c charge per call attempt.

A successful call will immediately be charged at 1.69 for up to 1 min as it is per minute billing. it is 1.59 for receiving a call and 0.39C for sending a text. My account clearly shows that the 0.39C was for 0 sec calls x 26 times and is separate to texts that I have made

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Is it possible that your wide was dialing numbers from her address book that are not in international format?

In this case she would get a recorded message from the operator saying that the call can not be connected.

This may count as a successful "termination"?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

NO we have the whole international format and she had too tried to call her home country with the full nunmber. she is a foreign national and I too tried to use her phone. It did not at any time make a connection or sound through the ear piece. Even the account log shows 0 sec calls. the charge if any call had gone through would have been 1.69 as it is to the nearest min billing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Has this phone been used in Turkey before? The reason I ask is that Turkey has a registration system for foreign phones. Apparently it is largely ignored.

It sounds like a very specific problem that you'll have to take up directly with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭phester28

Yes the phone has been used for text as we were on a stopover in turkey before. Turkcell was the network used and it is the recommended network from Meteor.

So far they have failed to provide any explanation to the charge other that they feel it is correct as it is levied by Turkcell and is nothing to do with them

Advertisement