Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy camper van in mainland Europe for Travel

• 22-09-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Just want to ask if anybody knows where I would find a cheap camper van in any central European country.
    Well, IF, and thats if....don't want the tread to get off topic either,Ireland qualify for the European Football finals in Poland/Ukraine, I want to travel there in a camper van with a few friends. I don't want to rent because I want to paint the entire thing green white and orange for the trip!
    I have tried looking on google but it is often hard to know where to look and maybe somebody here can help me out.
    I don't really mind where the campervan is once I can get it and live out of it for the few weeks the competition is on and enjoy the drive back stopping off at a few destinations on the way or even just the way back.
    Any good websites or knowledge on where would be cheapest to pick up a campervan.
    I don't really know anything about the auto trade on mainland Europe so any help would be great.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

You could look here http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/search.html?scopeId=MH&lang=en, but before you do, what about insurance. You could have difficulty getting insurance for a vehicle not registered hear in Ireland (your country of principal residence).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

I am told that this country is now the cheapest place in europe to buy a camper/motorhome. I recently witnessed a camper which was advertised on done deal being sold for export to Finland. Two lads arrived here and purchased two campers in two different locations in Ireland and drove them back. Shop at home. It will be a lot easier to tax and insure here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Really, always thought that it would be cheaper in some eastern european country maybe...
    I will have a good lil shop around. Thanks for the help too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

sunchaser wrote: »
    I am told that this country is now the cheapest place in europe to buy a camper/motorhome. I recently witnessed a camper which was advertised on done deal being sold for export to Finland. Two lads arrived here and purchased two campers in two different locations in Ireland and drove them back. Shop at home. It will be a lot easier to tax and insure here.

Back to my point in another thread, the disparity between the VRT's version of the OMSP (which seems to be based on researching ASKING prices) and the de facto OMSP in the real market.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Sooner you than me my friend who has traveled a lot to the Ukraine says they eat people in the Ukraine.
    Roasted Paddy could make their day
    Anyway if you you survive the Ukraine PM and I might leave Spain and meet you in France and buy the strange painted camper from you

Derry

• Advertisement
Advertisement