Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru/Ecuador

• 22-09-2011 11:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

We're planning a trip to Peru and Ecuador for 3 weeks in Dec/Jan.
    We're taking in Amazon Jungle, Lake Titicaca, Cuzco the Inca Trail to Machu Pichu and the Galapagos Islands.
    We're booked with Gap Adventures.

I'd be interested in hearing from those in the know how to make the most of this trip.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

for lake titicaca and the inca trail be sure to have some warm clothes as it can get very cold at night!! not sure if you're brining your own sleeping bag but make sure its a thick one if you are, second night on the inca trail was the coldest of my life!! amazon is amazing but a long trek. learning a few words of spanish will help you and the locals like you making the effort.

in cusco make sure you try chicha morada (a purple drink made out of corn, mmmmmmmmm!). the altitude will take a couple of days of getting used to and along the inca trail you'll see the porters flying past with huge bags on their backs while you'll struggle away! i'd also recommend bringing a few spare drinks and chocolates for along the walk. wetwipes, spare battery & memory card, torch, earplugs, lots of things you could bring with you but pack as light as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Its excellent, best 3 weeks of my life. Make sure you pack a decent torch with good battery life. Inca Trail can get wet so prepare for that too and a light fleech would be ideal for night. But they do have shops out there if you forget anything. Dont over-pack!

• Just wondering how much that package costs (if you don't mind me asking!)?

Never done it myself but some work friends have, so I'll ask if they have any recommendations!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Just wondering how much that package costs (if you don't mind me asking!)?

Never done it myself but some work friends have, so I'll ask if they have any recommendations!

We've booked with Gap Adventures
    They have plenty of trips to Peru (all different prices)
    and also plenty on offer to the Galapagos
    They joined up two packages for us and got flights over and back to suit start and finish dates
    Allow €1200 per head for flights.
    It's just a matter of choosing which packages/prices to go for
    All the package prices are clearly shown on their site.

We just got our shots recently
    Ouch!
    €350 for the two of us!!!
    Double Ouch!

Advertisement