Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I right or taking things too seriously.

Options
  • 22-09-2011 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

So a certain tattoo parlour updated their status on facebook to the tone of.

"if anyone is brave or drunk enough" about some specials they're doing today.

Basically implying that they would ink you if you were drunk. (Which I know they probably wouldn't dare).

I found this very unprofessional and didn't get the humour at all!

Or am I just being a d!ck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm with you on that one tbh. Sounds very unprofessional!
    (Haven't seen that particular status though, so curious as to who it is!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm with you on that one tbh. Very unprofessional!

Thanks for that. I just thought the same. I commented (not harsly at all) about how they might want to take it down. They seemed reasonable in the beginning then being overly sarcastic as if there was something wrong with me!

I know I can be a dry shyte sometimes, but this is bad form especially from what business they're in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

jmd's, yakooza or swineline?? outta curiousity!

jmd's, yakooza or swineline?? outta curiousity!

Don't really want to name it, but it's none of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

chin_grin wrote: »
    Don't really want to name it, but it's none of those.

If they have it on their own Facebook I can't imagine they would give out if you named them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

i saw that and saw no issue with it. and from being in there and getting work done i'd say they would make you take a booking so you can A) think about what you are going to be getting and B) sober up so you can think about what you are about to do.

i saw that and saw no issue with it. and from being in there and getting work done i'd say they would make you take a booking so you can A) think about what you are going to be getting and B) sober up so you can think about what you are about to do.

Well it just seemed very sloppy and unprofessional of them. I know they do some good work, just thought they should've put it another way without making them imply that they would actually ink you if you were under the influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Im quite curious as to who this is. Id find it very unprofessional, ans it would seriously make me think twice about going to get anything done there. I dont think you were over reacting, it's not a great way to portray yourself really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Veralynn

In Ireland anyone can set up a tattoo shop , you don't have to take course like in America and other places in the world. So they maybe losers but really see nothing wrong with this post because I'm sure they would not tattoo someone too drunk or someone who is drunk and wants a crap tattoo. I think the whole tattooing while drunk to just not to bug the **** out of the person tattooing you or picking a tattoo you will regret. I have been tattooed before drunk and nothing happened. Most tattooist have the biggest egos and think they can say whatever they want so just don't get tattooed there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Veralynn wrote: »
    I think the whole tattooing while drunk to just not to bug the **** out of the person tattooing you or picking a tattoo you will regret.

Because alcohol thins the blood it also causes you to bleed a lot more which isn't very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭F.U.B.A.R

Hi Iam a noob :D But was once chatting to a tattoo and piercing artist in Mallow (think he's gone now :( ) in the wine shop below his "studio" and made the remark "maybe I should hammer down a few bottles and get some work done :D" he amediatly slammed the joke and put on a serious face the likes of which I had never seen and stated that no self respecting tattoo artist would touch anyone with any alcohol in their system!

So I think OP is right it was a very unprofessional remark to make :)

Advertisement