Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No grant, any other help in UCC?

• 22-09-2011 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have just been told that to get a grant for my post grad course my parents means will be assessed, they are slightly over the threshold so I won't get it. I'm in my late 20s and have lived away from my parents without support for years but because I registered as a first year undergraduate as living with parents I have to wait for 3 years after my graduation to be considered independant. I found this out after I registered and I really want to do the course but I don't have a spare 5.5k.

Does anyone know of any help available in UCC for people in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Hiya, I don't know anything specific about student funding in UCC, but I was sent this link in a work email. You'd have to look through it to see if anything is applicable to you. There's a postgrad society in UCC that may be able to help you with info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

If you call into the welfare officer in the Students Union, he'll be able to help you apply for the student hardship fund. Afaik there's a couple of hundred grand put aside for it from the college so you should definitely apply for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭b743k

Thank you. I'll give them a go. I really don't want to drop out.

Advertisement