Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Templars Hall ..Getting out of Hand..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Max Powers wrote: »
    Gardai it seems arent doing enough

Would you care to elaborate on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wex_lad

It was nice to see alot of the residents weren't out the streets making a fuss about nothing last night. We were able to enjoy our houseparty without being bothered by nosy, aggressive and extremely ignorant residents. How some of these guys can call themselves "victims" is beyond me. They make more noise than anyone with their screaming and shouting and thuggish behaviour. Last night was one of the quieter nights this year for one simple reason....residents stayed away from us and stopped the taunting, name calling and trespassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Max Powers wrote: »
    Gardai it seems arent doing enough

what more can they do?? you saw from a previous poster who is a resident that he saw two patrol cars and un marked patrol car in the estate. The Gardai are making arrests, confiscating drink and all they can do is ask people to turn the music down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

wex_lad wrote: »
    It was nice to see alot of the residents weren't out the streets making a fuss about nothing last night. We were able to enjoy our houseparty without being bothered by nosy, aggressive and extremely ignorant residents. How some of these guys can call themselves "victims" is beyond me. They make more noise than anyone with their screaming and shouting and thuggish behaviour. Last night was one of the quieter nights this year for one simple reason....residents stayed away from us and stopped the taunting, name calling and trespassing.

Yeah yeah yeah, sell your snake oil somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

My uncle is the landlord so even if it ever went that far I would be the last person to be thrown out of Templars Hall. You think this is a wind up, the funny thing is its not. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks. My rent is payed therefore there's not much anybody can do unless there is some sort of crime committed. So far there has been no crimes committed and until there is I will continue to wave out the window at every resident screaming and shouting.....

Call up for a can tonight if you're around lad, I'll be the one in the wexford jersey.

Oh right, you're not a troll then....... just an ignorant little bollix. Stop being so immature and grow up. Would you carry on like this in your parents house?
    Based on the level of immaturity you display, i assume your 1st or 2nd yr or else 17-19 years old with little to be doing with your time only drinking. Either that or you're just an idiot.
    I don't care what you or anyone else thinks.
    I think that sums up the attitude of those causing the shenanigans night after night.

I'm a WIT student too but it makes me very annoyed that a certain "type" of student gives a bad name to all of us at WIT.
    By "type", i mean those that have little or no interest in education and only attend WIT to freeload off the grant system and spend all their time getting wasted and making life a misery for everyone else. Get a life man, seriously. I don't get any grants, and i have had to work my back off during all the holidays to pay for my education. Really, i don't get holidays, no-one ever gave me a penny, I have had to work for my education - and rightly so i think, if it was like this for everyone they would appreciate it and not just waste their time drinking and squandering taxpayers money.

Aaagh, rant over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭samsham

angry_fox wrote: »
    what more can they do??

you saw from a previous poster who is a resident that he saw two patrol cars and un marked patrol car in the estate. The Gardai are making arrests, confiscating drink and all they can do is ask people to turn the music down.

Wow! great stuff when the residents take to the streets, there is a garda response. What were they doing before that prompted residents to take action? Nothing. Its like that expensive CCTV that hangs on almost every pole on Waterford's. Yet each weekend we have guys and girls urinating at peoples front doors on the manor. Students during the week nights toppling peoples refuse bins onto the Cork road and throwing bottles at passing cars. There a guy paid in the observation room to respond to this, but nobody ever responds. Useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

its because of little arseholes like you that i,d like to see conscription in this country put ya in the army through a hellish 4 months recruit training with very little sleep every night and see how ya like that!! instead of you keeping innocent residents up all night with your shouting it would be the directive staff shouting at you keeping you awake and give ya push ups till your arms fall off!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

samsham wrote: »
    Wow! great stuff when the residents take to the streets, there is a garda response. What were they doing before that prompted residents to take action? Nothing. Its like that expensive CCTV that hangs on almost every pole on Waterford's. Yet each weekend we have guys and girls urinating at peoples front doors on the manor. Students during the week nights toppling peoples refuse bins onto the Cork road and throwing bottles at passing cars. There a guy paid in the observation room to respond to this, but nobody ever responds. Useless
    thats coz there probably asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You really don't know what you're talking about. For future reference, the "observation room" as you call it, is not that. The CCTV is located in the communications room and the Gardai (or Garda at times) also has to answer incoming calls, 999 calls, alarm calls, etc. There is no one Garda paid to just watch the 30+ CCTV cameras.

And Templars Hall is not the only place in the city, there are 100's of other locations where calls come from and the Gardai have to deal with them too. What you have seen is an increased presence from the Community Gardai in Templars, but this leaves other areas of the city unattended.

I thought people had to know the facts before posting comments like this one alleging something?

And before anyone asks, or states, you can pick whichever of the following you prefer:

- I am a Garda
    - I'm related to a Garda
    - I'm friends with a Garda
    - I'm a retired Garda
    - I'm pro-Gardai
    - I collect facts before posting
    - I prefer taking sides of those who get roasted the most

Oh right, you're not a troll then....... just an ignorant little bollix. Stop being so immature and grow up. Would you carry on like this in your parents house?
    Based on the level of immaturity you display, i assume your 1st or 2nd yr or else 17-19 years old with little to be doing with your time only drinking. Either that or you're just an idiot.

I think that sums up the attitude of those causing the shenanigans night after night.

I'm a WIT student too but it makes me very annoyed that a certain "type" of student gives a bad name to all of us at WIT.
    By "type", i mean those that have little or no interest in education and only attend WIT to freeload off the grant system and spend all their time getting wasted and making life a misery for everyone else. Get a life man, seriously. I don't get any grants, and i have had to work my back off during all the holidays to pay for my education. Really, i don't get holidays, no-one ever gave me a penny, I have had to work for my education - and rightly so i think, if it was like this for everyone they would appreciate it and not just waste their time drinking and squandering taxpayers money.

Aaagh, rant over

Lad I'm not on a grant, so no I don't take advantage of the grant scheme. I'm not 17 - 19 years of age, and for your information I have plenty of things to do to help pass the time. I work hard and I think I'm entitled to do as I want. I don't appreciate being called an idiot either lad. I'm not an idiot, far from it. Not that its any of your business, but I can assure you that neither you or anyone else on this forum are intellictually capable of achieving what I can.

You may think that I have a bad attitude, and you're probably right but I don't care because I'm better than you.

Who are you to pass judgement on me personally? You clearly have some issues, your little "rant" highlighted this. Take a chill pill, have a can, pull yourself.....Anything to pass the time until you're ready to pull your head out of your arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Aaagh, rant over

Lad I'm not on a grant, so no I don't take advantage of the grant scheme. I'm not 17 - 19 years of age, and for your information I have plenty of things to do to help pass the time. I work hard and I think I'm entitled to do as I want. I don't appreciate being called an idiot either lad. I'm not an idiot, far from it. Not that its any of your business, but I can assure you that neither you or anyone else on this forum are intellictually capable of achieving what I can.

You may think that I have a bad attitude, and you're probably right but I don't care because I'm better than you.

Who are you to pass judgement on me personally? You clearly have some issues, your little "rant" highlighted this. Take a chill pill, have a can, pull yourself.....Anything to pass the time until you're ready to pull your head out of your arse.

It's cheating if you get someone else to type your reply 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

....intellictually....

now that really is genius, subtle trolling

SSE

now that really is genius, subtle trolling

SSE

Well done, you spotted it. I'm not that thick lad don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

As someone else posted, they would (the students)not appreciate this behavior around their home place. As the mother of a just finished college child,if I knew of or was alerted to my child acting like these students,I would be so disappointed.I'm sure this thread is being read by people outside of Waterford so if you have a student in Templers Hall,I would urge you to contact them as the parents of these individuals have a responsibility in this situation. I for one would not allow my son/daughter to live in Templers Hall after reading this. Hopefully these landlords will get their come uppance next year if noone rents their accomadation,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Well done, you spotted it. I'm not that thick lad don't worry.

The apostrophe you omitted is even more subtle. I assume that was deliberate too?

SSE

If you want to find out who owns a certain house, take a look here:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/buying_a_home/property_deeds.html
    A folio is a document which describes:

the property registered and refers to a plan on the Registry maps
    the name and address of the registered owner(s)
    any burdens, for example, rights of way or charges (mortgages) affecting the property.

Using the folio you can find out who has the title or ownership of a property without having to read the original deeds.
    That should give you contact details of the owner. Go to them with your complaints, and get it sorted pronto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sorry man/woman .how many cops is there in waterford and how many streets is there in waterford?
    They cant be everywhere at the one time.

majority of ye know that I have guards in the family. That dont make me pro or anti guards. It just gives me an understanding maybe.
    Have me twin brother up in bed now, fast asleep. Back about 5-6 months ago, he was in patrol car and got a call to go to a domestic or whatever ya call it. On the way to it, the boyfriend involved decided to head off in the car, brother and his partner cop, got crashed into head on. Brother broke a couple ribs and bruised a few. then there was the time he got called out after some fela decided to hang himself. This fella was in court a few days later for molesting his own kids. My brother still had to treat the scene as any other scene. Show the man respect bla bla bla even though he was dead. Then had to call to said childrens house and break the news to them and their mother.
    Oh and yeah, a few weeks ago he was arresting someone and in the struggle ended up on the ground and got a full force kick into the face. The hospital said that even though there are pulled muscles in his jaw and his bite is off centre, it should be back to normal within 6 months.
    Then grown up I had my father coming back upset after going to scenes where a child was killed, car crash, fire, murder etc.
    Tell me this. Can you the fooking job and be on every street corner that your supossed to be all at the one time?????? I bet fooking not.
    I wont go into how me other brother ( who is also a guard) got the crap kicked outta him by 5-6 fella's a few years ago, just for being a guard. He's not to sure how many there was as he was unconcious after getting a bar in the head.

Thats only the tip of the iceberg. yes there are cops that are complete *****. There is also grand ones.
    Go to the super and tell him that you want to organise something for college and want to go out in the swuad car with them one night just to see what its like. I know for a fact it can be done as my father organised it for a fella from hillview years ago who was thinking about becoming a cop. That fella was forbidden to go out the next night by his parents.
    Fook it, even better, go for the job the next time it comes up and we will surely hear about the new super cop around that knows everything.

Oh and dont think just cos Im related to cops i can get off with things. Im almost 2 years off the road now because I acted a bollox.

grow a bit of common sense before ya decide to bang on about something you dont know about.

As i said before, some are sound and some are coonts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

It's not the cops that are the problem, it is the leniency of our courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

wex_lad may have gone over to the dark side but he's as entertaining as anything I've seen on this forum of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

At the end of the day the students are not criminals, they are having their own fun which unfortunately results in other people being affected. Its not fair, but at the same time its not sadistic, so they shouldn't really be compared with proper criminals.
    Compared to places in Dublin, Templars is like a feckin mosque! But i cant understand how the landlords are letting them get away with such recklessness. My landlord last year took off a heap of money off our deposit just because we damaged the handle of the fridge!
    I know its a serious cliche, but like boys will be boys, students will be students and the only people that can put a stop to things is the landlords, Not the guards. But the residents going out lighting pitchforks on fire will do no good, if anything it will only lessen their case. Residents should phone up landlords and if they refuse to sort it themselves, report them to the Private Residential Tenancies Board (https://www.prtb.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I dont think the PRTB can do anything. They can only deal with issues between tenants and landlords, not tenants and neighbours. So while they may be able to give you some advice, the have no power to get involved.

Students parents need to be invited down without the students knowing, just to see what their little angels are doing terrorising an estate.

The PTRB is a toothless entity. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

sooooooooo.....its wednesday night again,time for the students to let off some steam and release some of pressure caused by the countless hours of studying:p,couple of quiet drinks with mates,a bit of furniture rearranging in some guys house or maybe a spot of gardening in a residents front lawn.........sure what harm would that do?
    lets hope it go's quietly for both student and resident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cataclysm

Its all gone too far on both sides!
    Was walking my mate home from college last night at half nine, two of us drinking Monster when some lady with dark curly hair and an old guy came over and took the can off me and threw it to the ground saying we're up to no good?
    Then when we just turned to walk away she started shouting that Im littering!?
    People sticking their heads out of their doors in all directions.

Its chaos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

cataclysm wrote: »
    two of us drinking Monster

jaysus that stufff is worse than dutch gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Was walking my mate home from college last night at half nine, two of us drinking Monster when some lady with dark curly hair and an old guy came over and took the can off me and threw it to the ground saying we're up to no good?

Its chaos!

I'm not a violent person by any means but I would go bananas if that happened to me. You make a good point though, I still don't think the students are 100% to blame for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Its chaos!
    Would have tossed the can back to her, "Its yours if you want it that badly!"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm not a violent person by any means but I would go bananas if that happened to me. You make a good point though, I still don't think the students are 100% to blame for this.
    Would have tossed the can back to her, "Its yours if you want it that badly!"

Youre both tame. That sh!t deserves a curb stomp :pac:
    Really though Id lose the head with someone if they were at crap like that. Course then id be in the paper for intimidating residents :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Its chaos!

Thats not on at all. As Ziedeth said, I would have gone mental at that. Did you not even try to explain yourself? I support the residents taking action against unruly behavior and disruption at night but just walking down the road with a can of monster doing nothing has no grounds for that.

I assume she mistook it for a can of beer, but that makes no difference. Were you doing anything wrong to provoke her? even talking very loudly etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Thats not on at all. As Ziedeth said, I would have gone mental at that. Did you not even try to explain yourself? I support the residents taking action against unruly behavior and disruption at night but just walking down the road with a can of monster doing nothing has no grounds for that.

I assume she mistook it for a can of beer, but that makes no difference. Were you doing anything wrong to provoke her? even talking very loudly etc

Ever tried to deal with a middle aged woman with an agenda? Logic/sense/rationality has no meaning to them (Retail really taught me this)

Advertisement