Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Templars Hall ..Getting out of Hand..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm seriously tempted to take a spin in there at around 11 on Wednesday. See with my own eyes how bad if really is.

tonight is the big night supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'm seriously tempted to take a spin in there at around 11 on Wednesday. See with my own eyes how bad if really is.

Some laugh it was almost completely silent with a few quite parties going on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Boards vigilante meetup? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

If you all know he is a troll then why reply to him?

Go for it! Bring a camera too and share your findings. Bit of boards journalism!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 wex_lad

wobbles wrote: »
    Im sure you have your car outside too, that daddys paying for.

Maybe if the residents get in touch with the landlord, and he contacts your parents, they will cut your 'pocket money'. Mayve the residents should call down your ATM parents some night to see what you really get up to.

I know your a troll, but your still obiously a student. Its time you grow the **** up a bit and stop sponging off your parents

My uncle is the landlord so even if it ever went that far I would be the last person to be thrown out of Templars Hall. You think this is a wind up, the funny thing is its not. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks. My rent is payed therefore there's not much anybody can do unless there is some sort of crime committed. So far there has been no crimes committed and until there is I will continue to wave out the window at every resident screaming and shouting.....

Call up for a can tonight if you're around lad, I'll be the one in the wexford jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

WIT isn't a county.
    Mega Chin wrote: »
    misc-jackie-chan.jpg
    I quick read it was Waterford and then couldn't cover myself by the time I noticed......could still mean they're from different colleges I guess....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

old gregg wrote: »
    Boards vigilante meetup? :p

I reckon we take a neutral stance and meet both groups half way. We'll all meet up in high-visibility jackets at half 9 Wednesday night and then have a session......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

wex_lad wrote: »
    I think the residents are way out of order here. How dare they try and tell me what to do, my parents pay good money for me to live in Templars Hall and I can do what I want when I want. We were in our house drinking and having fun last Wednesday night and at around 12 o clock we had some lad banging on our door shoutin and roaring at us. He was way out of line, he was on our doorstep shoutin at me. The way I look at it is I'm not committing a crime by drinking on my property so I'm goin to continue doing what I want when I want, and nobody can stop me. Not WLR reporters, not residents.....nobody. We're here to stay residents, so you may aswell get used to it. If you don't like it then move. This is our estate now.

LOVE THE ATTITUDE :rolleyes:
    I hope the " I can do what I want.." comment is just in relation to your house.
    Anyway you sound like a lovely chap , a fine example of the calibre of some of the students attending WIT these days, Keep up the good work , I'm sure it will workout well for you in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I reckon we take a neutral stance and meet both groups half way. We'll all meet up in high-visibility jackets at half 9 Wednesday night and then have a session......

high vis jackets and a bag of cans, I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

I think the residents are way out of order here. How dare they try and tell me what to do, my parents pay good money for me to live in Templars Hall and I can do what I want when I want. We were in our house drinking and having fun last Wednesday night and at around 12 o clock we had some lad banging on our door shoutin and roaring at us. He was way out of line, he was on our doorstep shoutin at me. The way I look at it is I'm not committing a crime by drinking on my property so I'm goin to continue doing what I want when I want, and nobody can stop me. Not WLR reporters, not residents.....nobody. We're here to stay residents, so you may aswell get used to it. If you don't like it then move. This is our estate now.

So it's your estate? and what about the families who's kids lived there before your parents decided to pay your rent? if my kids couldn't play in their own front garden because people like you think it's ok to drive erratically and park where you like (which also prevents emergency services from entering any of the streets) AND kept them awake at night, i certainly would do everything in my power to have it stopped, which i'm sure your parents would also if it was you. It's sad to see people that aren't raised with any respect. I myself will be supporting the residents tonight and i hope they get the result they deserve. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

old gregg wrote: »
    high vis jackets and a bag of cans, I like it!

Is Tawdy organising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cataclysm

I thought all this calmed down :S

Guess I'll be taking a spin on wednesday night to see what its like :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

cataclysm wrote: »
    I thought all this calmed down :S

Guess I'll be taking a spin on wednesday night to see what its like :)
    there's a group of people going out tonight. Dunno what time though

Aw you make me laugh laaaaaaaad!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZLVi4v7lSM

• Registered Users Posts: 9 5 and 7

February 1992 - January 1993 was the Year of the Monkey. Just sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

did the protest or whatever was supposed to be organised go ahead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

did the protest or whatever was supposed to be organised go ahead?
    Dunno. Ill text and find out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭buttonteaser

took a spin down there at ten. one garda car and a few people patrolling the estate. one of the first houses into the estate had at least 30 people standing in the front garden screaming on the top of their voices and blowing whistles. whilst this was going on the guards were up the top of the estate confiscating drink from a few lads. drove around most streets and every street had at least 2 house parties. the front of the estate is by far the worst part. when leaving we saw about 60 or so students walking from the estate each holding a bottle or can walking on a public footpath shouting and screaming and not one was stopped by the guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

passed by the entrance and didnt see much except a squad car driving out behind us, then passing a crowd of about 7 people drinking cans walking/staggering past old waterford crystal and squad car proceeds to follow us.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phelo2121

Just back from little spin out in templars hall, was just about to turn in and a female student thinking I was a taxi ran out infront of my car literally missed her by an inch and car behind me missed my car by an inch got the fright of my life like how is she going to keep drinking she was only fit for the bed, guards were leaving the estate as we drove in, good few residents patrolling, ppl setting off fireworks at back of estate no one seemed to be paying attention to them though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Cycled down past there coming from work at about 10.45. Just seen the one house party with a load of taxis outside. All i could hear/see from the road. Down at the entrance there was a few women walking out of the estate, followed by a car throwing bangers at people. All the partys must have been at the other side of the estate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Jesus, those poor people living out there :(

My sister and her husband had to sell up less than a year after buying out there. They couldn't stick the noise and her husband almost got beaten up by one of the students they complained to.

A desperate situation altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

took a spin down there at ten. one garda car and a few people patrolling the estate. one of the first houses into the estate had at least 30 people standing in the front garden screaming on the top of their voices and blowing whistles. whilst this was going on the guards were up the top of the estate confiscating drink from a few lads. drove around most streets and every street had at least 2 house parties. the front of the estate is by far the worst part. when leaving we saw about 60 or so students walking from the estate each holding a bottle or can walking on a public footpath shouting and screaming and not one was stopped by the guards.

Give a clown an audience and they shall perform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

I really hate to say it lads but its like buying a house next to a farm and complaining about the smell of sheite.....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Just been parked up in town for the last half hour, If these people are heading to Templars it could be interesting. County colours night and it appears it's mostly guys and woman in Kilkenny jerseys that caused the most hassle. I'm a student myself in WIT and I must say there does seem to be a more scummy element around this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yeah, it sounds like its full of pure scum. I feel sorry for the genuine families there. And of course they will all come up with some bullsh*t excuse for what they're doing no matter what.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

O Riain wrote: »
    I really hate to say it lads but its like buying a house next to a farm and complaining about the smell of sheite.....

Except many people bought the houses in the estate when it was built and before it was full of students.

So your analogy is invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kennoy35

No protest didnt go ahead, only us residence were out patrolling the estate. few house parties but most of the students were gone up to the Dome as they had a county colours thing in up there. Wednesday night is the students night out so it will more then likely be mad down here. There were 2 garda cars down here last night and also some unmarked garda cars too. also Wit students union were patrolling the area. Quiet night for once down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Gardai it seems arent doing enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Cabaal wrote: »
    Except many people bought the houses in the estate when it was built and before it was full of students.

So your analogy is invalid.

2nd that, anti social behaviour is unacceptable no matter where you bought a house

Advertisement