Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gifting legal right share

Options
  • 22-09-2011 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My Grandad died recently. He made a will dividing everything amongst his children. He did not mention my Granny in the will. They have been separated for years. Granny has been told she has a legal right share and been advised to claim it.

This has caused lots of problems with the beneficiaries. 1 does not want her to claim the other 4 don't mind if she claims.

All of this has been very upsetting for all concerned and is threatening to break up the family.

My question is: Can my Grandmother gift her legal right share to one of the beneficiaries of the will?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Consult a solicitor, all legal advice is banned sitewide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement