Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yaktrax

Options
  • 22-09-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Well OT but best place for it.

YakTrax - has anyone on their travels seen YakTrax for toddlers?

I've a pair myself, plus a converted pair of runners. Wanted to be a prepared family for the winter............

(yes I know not running related but if it helps ease the mods we can say its for my 2 year old who wants to run all year round.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I don't know much about children's sizes but I bought my own pair from this site 2 years ago:

https://www.yaktrax.co.uk/shop/

Good idea to buy these early as whenever the snow arrives, they're hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

G-Money wrote: »
    I don't know much about children's sizes but I bought my own pair from this site 2 years ago:

Point sorta was the childrens sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Yes, last year they said they had stopped selling to Europe as they needed their supplies for USA.

I got childrens sizes on Amazon.COM last year. Check them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Just put wellies on her when she is out Tunney. Plenty more grip on them. Add an extra puffy jacket and all sorted :)

Just put wellies on her when she is out Tunney. Plenty more grip on them. Add an extra puffy jacket and all sorted :)

Looks like that's what ill have to do. They don't come that small for some strange reason. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

These guys have something that look like yaktrax (called ezyshoes), that start at children size 13, if that's of any use.

Cheers - after snotty myself in the shower this morning I am beginning to see the idiocy of letting a 2 year old run on ice. (Plus her feet are size 5 so not a chance of getting something in her size and I'm not going to be allowed put screws in her shoes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

tunney wrote: »
    Point sorta was the childrens sizes.

My point sorta was that there might be childrens sizes on that site. I didn't check very thoroughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

That's nothing, these guys supply Yaktrax from sizes 2- 13. Hope I could help! :)

YAKTRAX Ice Walker Medium : €15.99
    Shipping: €8.95
    VAT: €5.74
    Total: €30.68

Think I'll take my chances with the ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

You can always try to make your own ice shoes.
    Not sure how this will work for kids, and you're possibly gonna reduce the waterproofness, but worth a read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

tunney wrote: »
    YakTrax - has anyone on their travels seen YakTrax for toddlers?

If you're still looking, I just saw this:

http://www.giftsgalore.ie/home.php?cat=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

I still have some left from last year.Just PM me if you are looking for some ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

YAKTRAX Ice Walker are 15 euro a pair in heatons (blackpool cork, probably nationwide) presently.

Advertisement