Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel Prestige 623r-t1 Firmware

• 22-09-2011 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭

I got this modem with esat and the last 2 nights its dropped the dsl. dsl Light goes out and it can take 1 hr for dsl to come back and another or more for the bb to start working. Vodaphone recommend updating the firmware. Anyone know where I can get it. I have been onto the zyxel site and emailed them for it but I'm not holding my breath.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The most likely problem is your modem is broken. I had 4 different Zyxel modems (including the 623r-t1) over the course of about 5 or 6 years, and each one eventually just stopped working properly. It's a cheap and basic modem, and not reliable in the long term. Since you've had it since Esat days, I'd imagine you've been running it for several years. I had to update the firmware of a 660-hw-t1 for a problem, but it didn't work. The 623r is so old you probably won't find a firmware for it now.

A firmware update is probably a waste of time, if you can even find it.

Get a new modem would be the better choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Tell me about it. Had a right job with it. Couldn't web in first of all. Then under telnet i got in and found it would only allow a certain ip to connect. Did that still couldn't web in. Firmware was up to date so have a mates modem put in to see if it is a fault with the modem. Its been going fine for about 5 years with no issues till now.
    If this works will put in old incase Vodafone have done an eircom special.
    Report a fault, they say they cannot see any probs and a few mins later its all working miraculously.

Advertisement