Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kelly Jones Found!

Options
  • 22-09-2011 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I thought there would be a thread about it on here already but seems not!

I just think it's wonderful that this woman was found, what a miracle!
    Another reason I wanted to post here is that I really do think that it says a lot for all the volunteers who gave up their time to go out looking in the awful weather we've just had and finally made the discovery in a derelict out building known as 'the rectory' yesterday afternoon.

Huge pat on the back for everyone from me anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes, well done to all the people involved.

Did anyone establish what exactly happened her yet or how she ended up lost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Great news that she was found alive, after 4 days missing its rare to get a good outcome like this.

Does anyone know what actually happened though? News reports were saying that she wasnt injured and was found close to the town so it seems a bit strange

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

found 600m from the rescue headquarters, reminds me of the book
    vertical limit

by the way that spoiler is to stop ruining the end of a certain mountain climbing book made into a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danniemcq wrote: »
    a certain mountain blimbing book made int a movie
    On the sauce are we? :D

muffler wrote: »
    On the sauce are we? :D

not yet! give me till 5 at least!

guess i'm just useless today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

She was airlifted to Sligo General yesterday after she was found.. plenty of the dramatic photos on the DMRT facebook page and in most of today's Donegal newspapers.

I heard that she was found not far from where the search base was. Apparently they looked there, nothing found and moved on. I haven't heard anything else about how she got lost etc.. but I'm sure it'l be in the papers when she finally gets strong enough to give an interview.

IMO and it is just that i'd say she was injured and after the area surrounding had been searched and then rescue guys went out. during this time she managed to crawl/hobble or whatever to the area where she was found and it was only on a follow up search that they found her.

could be completly wrong as i said its just my thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Just read on Donegaldaily.com that they're treating it as a crime scene as the Guards want to find out if she had been held against her will... She was found a few hundred meters from the GAA club! Tis a bit sus that she was so close and didn't hear all the commotion?!

I'm just glad she was found alive !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

aoife2k wrote: »
    Just read on Donegaldaily.com that they're treating it as a crime scene as the Guards want to find out if she had been held against her will... She was found a few hundred meters from the GAA club! Tis a bit sus that she was so close and didn't hear all the commotion?!

I'm just glad she was found alive !

No disrespect to said news source but i'd take everything said on it with a pinch.... or kilo of salt! Could be the case but still.

I know one of the main guys in the Mountain Rescue (he was on the radio, he is their spokesman for this year) and when / if I hear what happened I'll post it.

From what i know she was wandering around the house from room to room when found, in a confused state (likley due to the hypothermia that was setting in). The house was indeed near their base, across the river, from the GAA club, but had checked the house a few times previous, but a local had seen the broken glass and thats how she was discovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

something about it doesnt add up at all.....we'll see what comes out in the next few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Seems strange indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

what was the lead singer of the sterophonics doing up a mountain anyway???

sorry i couldnt resist it,... Glad she has been found! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    what was the lead singer of the sterophonics doing up a mountain anyway???

She's just looking, she's not buying

Advertisement