Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 days later - still not paid..

Options
  • 22-09-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

When would you start kicking off about not getting paid ? I've exactly €93 left on my overdraft allowed and my monthly pay is now 3 days late.

Boss said "No Problems - Pay Guaranteed, was little late last month"..

Lots of work in the pipeline, no visible issues with cashflow..

Working here 6 years, never an issue before now. Got lots of Direct Debits looming and no beans to pay them...

Time to get bothered ?

On another point, this is technically a breach of contract, in the event I don't get paid, is it legitimate to look for another job and if still not paid by the time I secured it, just walk ?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

On another point, this is technically a breach of contract, in the event I don't get paid, is it legitimate to look for another job and if still not paid by the time I secured it, just walk ?

Sounds like rather drastic action if this is the first time it's happened in your 6 years - especially if you're nearly hitting your O/D limit after 3 days. Job hunting might not be a luxury you can afford if you're out of work.

If it's not in your account tomorrow, I'd ask for a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Eoin wrote: »
    Sounds like rather drastic action if this is the first time it's happened in your 6 years - especially if you're nearly hitting your O/D limit after 3 days. Job hunting might not be a luxury you can afford if you're out of work.

If it's not in your account tomorrow, I'd ask for a sub.

Sorry, my post didn't read quite as I thought it would. Meant it to read "if I got a job, then could I walk without giving notice", not "just walk..." Finally paid last night and although its the first time in 6 years it's happened it was late last month by a day. Its a small company and we have an acute sense of work in and work out and its ticking over but the sales cycle is approx 9 months so you never know, especially with the banks pulling Overdraft facilities...

3 days late for me is pretty damn serious. It shouldn't be but bosses know my financial position. Paid, but all the same this has set a rather ominous marker..

Thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, it's something you need to keep an eye on. I think you'd need to seek legal advice to see if you could up sticks and walk away, but it still seems quite drastic to me.

I'm sure you've already done it, but make sure your bosses know the impact it has on you. And if at all possible, see if you can restructure your finances so you do have a bit of breathing space (I know it's easier said than done!).

Here's some info on what to do if you're regularly paid late:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/pay_and_employment/when_you_are_regularly_paid_late.html

Advertisement