Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowering of drink drive limit - Nanny state strikes again

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Keep death of the roads, drive on the path, as the joke goes.

What makes you assume the drunk (or high,tired, inattentive, whatever, for that mater) driver is going to remain on the road?

I don't assume any drunk driver is going to remain on the road, but I see more people at the weekend falling into the middle of the road and motorway drunk so a drunk walker is a problem itself to deal with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Degag wrote: »
    Oh well, i just got a drive home with someone who had at least 4 pints and i'm still alive. We met no one on the road, we drove away at our own pace and we got home no problem, like we have for the last 20 years.

Unpalatable as it is, it seems the vast majority of habitual drink drivers actually do manage to get home safely week in week out without killing themselves, someone else or ending up in a ditch, (may be due to the amount of practice they have put into it).

It also appears that those who dont make it were probably sh** drivers anyway with either no experience or a bad attitude to road safety.

I readily accept that this is no comfort to anyone who has lost anyone due to being involved in a drink related accident.

The new laws pay some homage to the fact that experienced drivers are less like to be involved in accidents, ergo should drivers over a certain age, say 50, and below 70, for example not be allowed to have more alcohol on board provided, for example that they are limited to driving on roads other than motorways and at certain speeds between certain hours?

Handier to leave the car at home at this rate........................

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

zenno wrote: »
    I don't assume any drunk driver is going to remain on the road, but I see more people at the weekend falling into the middle of the road and motorway drunk so a drunk walker is a problem itself to deal with.

Not disagreeing with you. If you have alcohol on you, you're responsibile for hwat happens to you. The pedestrian, however, is not in control of a potentially lethal machienery and will is far less lilley to lill someone else.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

My only issue with the legislation is why isint it 20mg for everyone instead of faffing about with one limit for some people and another for everyone else.

Do the cops have to carry two sets of breathalysers ?

Advertisement