Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fussy About Taking New Food From Me

• 22-09-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi All

This post is more out of pure curiosity more than anything.

My OH and myself have a Lab X since he was 8 weeks old. He is now 3 years old and we have noticed for the last year or so that any new food that comes into the house he will only take from OH and not myself!

By new food I mean little tidbits you might feed him from the table like for example a new brand of sausage roll, a different flavour cracker or a bite of a new brand of biscuit. Anything at all that he has not tasted before.

It's not in the slightest bit annoying, it doesn't matter at all. With the exception of when my OH is away for the night and there is a small pile of food for him to feed the doggie when he comes back! Misty (the dog) will store it away and wait for the OH to feed it to him.

He's quite the cheeky chap and can sometimes be a bit of a boyo so it's not like he's the shy and retiring type when it comes to taking anything else!

Can anyone shed some light on why he does this? Thanks :)

Advertisement