Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Word on the street is saying that the members of GNR will be there, but they won't be performing together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Word on the street is saying that the members of GNR will be there, but they won't be performing together
    I think it's only Del James that has said they are all (Current and past) going. No-one else.

Saying that, I reckon they'll all be there but no way in hell will they perform. One or two of them might join someone during a performance but I cant see us getting a performance from any incarnation of Guns N' Roses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think it's only Del James that has said they are all (Current and past) going. No-one else.

Saying that, I reckon they'll all be there but no way in hell will they perform. One or two of them might join someone during a performance but I cant see us getting a performance from any incarnation of Guns N' Roses.

IMO the only one(s) who won't appear together on the same stage are Axl & Slash. The rest of them will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

IMO the only one(s) who won't appear together on the same stage are Axl & Slash. The rest of them will.

You'd be surprised, maybe Axl at one side of the stage and Slash at the other end, with the likes of Matt, Dizzy, Steven, Gilby, Duff and Izzy keeping them apart....

You'd be surprised, maybe Axl at one side of the stage and Slash at the other end, with the likes of Matt, Fizzy, Steven, Gilby, Duff and Izzy keeping them apart....
    If Gilby is getting up there you may as well get Tracii Guns and everyone up there too. :pac:

Axl, Slash and Duff are obvious. Izzy has to be there too, he was on every studio album. The only question is drummers. Adler and Sorum both played equally big roles in the band, I much prefer Adler but cant deny Sorum's part. Both for me, meaning six. Dizzy being the only other realistic contender. Anyone else and you're getting in to dangerous territory as others are going to want to be involved too in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Savage Henry

Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Dizzy, Adler, & Sorum are being inducted. Nobody else associated with GNR is getting the award.

Also the tweet quoting Del James saying that GNR won't perform is fake.

You'd be surprised, maybe Axl at one side of the stage and Slash at the other end, with the likes of Matt, Dizzy, Steven, Gilby, Duff and Izzy keeping them apart....

Separating them like bold kids in a playground??? LOL don't think so?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 blaser r93

deathrider wrote: »
    The word "confirmed" never quite washs with me when Guns 'N' Roses are involved.

too true

Separating them like bold kids in a playground??? LOL don't think so?

I taught Gilby would have been up there, since he played on the Spaghetti Incident

A covers album does not a Gunner make.

• Advertisement

A covers album does not a Gunner make.

This.

This.

I simply meant he played on a studio album, and considering that not that many did prior to 1994, it was somewhat of an achievement

Plus he's a nice bloke and a good guitarist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.gunsnroses.com/events

So Dublin is not the first date of the tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Only just realised that the gig in The Point is 20 years and 1 day after the Slane gig. I feel old.:(

lord lucan wrote: »
    Only just realised that the gig in The Point is 20 years and 1 day after the Slane gig. I feel old.:(

Not as old as Axl does lol

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.gunsnroses.com/events

So Dublin is not the first date of the tour.

Well if they're going to come anywhere before us, it's about time Russia got a GNR gig...they've been trying since 1991
    Not as old as Axl does lol

True, I'm sure beneath the lavish lifestyle, mansions across the world, beautiful women and millions in cash he's concerned about his age

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

No (original) GNR performance at RNRHOF (Slash)

Source

RVD420 wrote: »
    No (original) GNR performance at RNRHOF (Slash)

Source

Thank f**k for that. It would be horribly awkward.

Slash has played with all the other Gunners bar Axl.

No prizes for guessing who refused to perform.

I look forward to the day that Axl's pathetic cash grab "band" comes to an end.

Slash has played with all the other Gunners bar Axl.

No prizes for guessing who refused to perform.

If he got paid for it, Slash would play with Rebecca Black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It's probably long overdue so I have renamed this the Guns N' Roses discussion thread.

On-topic, I'm disappointed but not surprised that there won't be a reunion of the original line-up at the induction ceremony. Axl Rose has been suiting himself for years, why would he change now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If he got paid for it, Slash would play with Rebecca Black.

Tbh i always got the impression that money was never a huge motivating factor for him. He seems to be happiest creating new music and touring. I reckon if the Wolfe Tones asked him to do a track with them he'd do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

This Hall of Fame build-up is great! It could go so many ways.

Would Axl really bury the hatchet with Slash after calling him a cancer not too long ago? Would Slash ever want to accept an apology in the first place? Will Izzy show up, considering he has always been happy to stay in the background? How awkward could this be for Duff, considering that he's friends with both Axl and Slash?

And as for Steven.....well, who knows what that mad bastard could do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Read in the herald Thin Lizzy are added as support that makes it much more appealing. axl has that large Black Rose tattoo n didnt Slash say w/o TL there'd be no GnR.. that some fella from down the road inspired a group from sunset strip in the 80s that went on to be that preposterously big is hard to believe

Better set my alarm clock early it's a bit like two headliners now.. justifies the price a little. Hate the new point depot, though not been often I find the layout encourages me to watch a group from an acute angle as it seems most of those in attendance likely have to anyhow. I think they forgot about sounddesk placement when building the place as that seems to be the main cause at floor level. should be raised imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This Hall of Fame build-up is great! It could go so many ways.

Would Axl really bury the hatchet with Slash after calling him a cancer not too long ago? Would Slash ever want to accept an apology in the first place? Will Izzy show up, considering he has always been happy to stay in the background? How awkward could this be for Duff, considering that he's friends with both Axl and Slash?

And as for Steven.....well, who knows what that mad bastard could do!

Eastenders would having nothing on this lol

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Read in the herald Thin Lizzy are added as support that makes it much more appealing. axl has that large Black Rose tattoo n didnt Slash say w/o TL there'd be no GnR.. that some fella from down the road inspired a group from sunset strip in the 80s that went on to be that preposterously big is hard to believe

Better set my alarm clock early it's a bit like two headliners now.. justifies the price a little. Hate the new point depot, though not been often I find the layout encourages me to watch a group from an acute angle as it seems most of those in attendance likely have to anyhow. I think they forgot about sounddesk placement when building the place as that seems to be the main cause at floor level. should be raised imo

Its a p*** poor layout imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

An original GnR reunion is inevitable. Don't mind this "I hate Slash", "I hate Axl" carry on. When the truck load of money arrives, it'll happen.

From a promoter's point of view, is there a bigger potential classic line up reunion out there?

A three quarters Led Zeppelin and a three quarters Pink Floyd reunion would be bigger, but a full original classic line up? I can't think of anything bigger.

ABBA would be the only reunion I can think of that would match the Appetite line up, I'm serious, Abba would be huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I read the news yesterday about Slash stating they they would not be playing, Pity was hoping that they would - I know patechic Adler will have been working on his speech since Jan, That man needs to come out of his 80's timewarp...

I read the news yesterday about Slash stating they they would not be playing, Pity was hoping that they would - I know patechic Adler will have been working on his speech since Jan, That man needs to come out of his 80's timewarp...

the guy had a stroke and nearly died ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Anyone who wants to pick up the Classic Rock Slash album Fan Pack can order it now. I got the last album through Classic Rock and it's a nice alternative to buying it in the shops or downloading it.

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/slash-fan-pack/?ns_campaign=slash2&ns_mchannel=hl&ns_source=creditorialbutton&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

Advertisement