Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Breener122

If croker is announced what sort of prices do you think we'll have to fork out? €100 for standing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Aerosmith just announced a Dublin show for their farewell tour for next June - so I dunno if MCD would do 2 big announcements today.....

and so we wait... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aerosmith just announced a Dublin show for their farewell tour for next June - so I dunno if MCD would do 2 big announcements today.....

and so we wait... :pac:

MCD will do the whole 'special announcement' thing for GNR I'd say when/if they are playing here

Happy about Aerosmith though. Prices will be similar to Guns I'd say (they are expensive but in this day and age there to be expected, they have to get there pension money lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Hmmm, so that's Maiden and Aerosmith close enough together, added to Black Sabbath also in 2017. If GnR are to play here next summer MCD must be fairly confident they'll be able shift tickets, because not everybody is going to be able to go to see all these bands at the prices gigs cost nowadays.

Or maybe we're not getting them in 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Hmmm, so that's Maiden and Aerosmith close enough together, added to Black Sabbath also in 2017. If GnR are to play here next summer MCD must be fairly confident they'll be able shift tickets, because not everybody is going to be able to go to see all these bands at the prices gigs cost nowadays.

Aerosmith can be aimed for a bit of an older audience I'd say. It'd be odd for GNR not to capitalise on the reunion asap.

• Advertisement

ozzy jr wrote: »

Tickets for Black Sabbath have been on sale a good while now, Iron Maiden tickets went on sale in October. Im going to A7X/Disturbed, Sabbath, Maiden and hopefully Aerosmith so far in 2017, costing just under 400 euro (its been finacially easier with the gaps in ticket sales,)
    Some say im mad for paying those prices but i work for my money, dont have many financial burdens and love going to concerts.

Its a fear i have that GNR might take the rest of 2017 after the Dubai show in March but they would me crazy not to tour Europe next year

so Croker is a no go according to a poster on the gig fourm (that knws someone who works in Croke Park). http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101686562&postcount=226

Looks like if its not the Aviva (which looks doubtful now) there may be no GNR show in Ireland. No mention of Slane, outside chances of the RDS and Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so Croker is a no go according to a poster on the gig fourm (that knws someone who works in Croke Park). http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101686562&postcount=226

Looks like if its not the Aviva (which looks doubtful now) there may be no GNR show in Ireland. No mention of Slane, outside chances of the RDS and Punchestown

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2 nights in the Aviva or RDS (think its closed for redevelopment next summer though)

Punchestown Racecourse or Slane could be possibilites too

Very good chance of Ireland getting skiped on the tour or there too be no European tour next summer ???

https://vimeo.com/191903549

Axl sounds great in that video

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

2 nights in the Aviva or RDS (think its closed for redevelopment next summer though)

2 nights in a stadium here?? :eek::eek:

Not a hope!! That didn't work out too well in the US won't be risked here for sure.

• Advertisement

2 nights in a stadium here?? :eek::eek:

Not a hope!! That didn't work out too well in the US won't be risked here for sure.

TBH id take 1 stadium show here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Pairc Ui Chaoimh, I read somewhere that the stadium is going to be ready for the Munster finals.

fin12 wrote: »
    Pairc Ui Chaoimh, I read somewhere that the stadium is going to be ready for the Munster finals.

would be cool but dont think It will host a concert til 2018

rumours the venue will host the most outdoor shows in Ireland per year as its not located in a residential area ??

guess we all need a bit of 'PATIENCE' and wait for an offical Guns N Roses annoucement about a european tour

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

would be cool but dont think It will host a concert til 2018

rumours the venue will host the most outdoor shows in Ireland per year as its not located in a residential area ??

guess we all need a bit of 'PATIENCE' and wait for an offical Guns N Roses annoucement about a european tour

That sounds brilliant about Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

25 Matchdays a year as well as Concerts. each event may be worth E10 Million to the local economy

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

25 Matchdays a year as well as Concerts. each event may be worth E10 Million to the local economy

25 match days ? They couldn't even sell out the last county final so there might be 25 games but I doubt very much they'll make $10 million per event.

It's not right next to a residential area but it's not in the middle of nowhere either.

Yep if the GNR concert was in pairc ui chaoimh I'd do a jig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

I'm now placing my bet on Slane. I remember Lord Henry on the radio a few months back (Newstalk I think it was) saying Slane was planned for 2017. When asked who it was he said he couldn't say.When asked for a clue he said he couldn't. When pressed for initials he said G for guitar. Now that could simply mean it's a guitar/rock band or you could read further into it and come up with GNR and Slash. I fancy the latter myself as there is history there and he always talks highly of 92. I remember it fondly myself, it was some day (one of the best of my life). But my brother was back since then and said Slane was a nightmare. Maybe I was that young I didn't mind or else the setup has changed. Is it that bad?

Anyway if they announce a gig there I plan to move down for a few days, go the full hog!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've already made my mind up, I'm going over the water to England to see them live, when the eventual European tour is announced..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

Yeah if they don't come to Ireland then I'll go across the water. Buddy was saying that Classic Rock radio in the US said Today Metallica will tour the US next year and GNR may also tour the US next year.

• Advertisement

If they play stadium's in the UK and skip us I think I'll head over there to see them

Wishful thinking but Croke Park might still happen and that source denying it could of been wrong ??. I'd take an Avvia Stadium show if they end up there. Its hard too knw what ill do if it's in Slane (get VIP treatment that will cost bomb or I mite be lucky and they have temporary stands put in)

Time will tell

If they play stadium's in the UK and skip us I think I'll head over there to see them

Wishful thinking but Croke Park might still happen and that source denying it could of been wrong ??. I'd take an Avvia Stadium show if they end up there. Its hard too knw what ill do if it's in Slane (get VIP treatment that will cost bomb or I mite be lucky and they have temporary stands put in)

Time will tell

Any sources giving information could go either way, be it saying they're playing or not playing. Other sources have listed it as a venue on the tour, so I assume if they do tour, it'll be on there. If not, then I feel no Euro tour which would be downright stupid by the band!

Mushy wrote: »
    then I feel no Euro tour which would be downright stupid by the band!

US/Canada/South America/Asia and Oceania so far on the tour

yeah would be downright stupid not to play europe after touring the rest of the world including less than trad markets such as Thailand, Peru, Columba etc

the list of rumoured dates that was posted around a couple of weeks ago

Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park - July 2017
    Bracelona, Spain - Estadio Olimpic - July 2017
    Zurich, Switzerland - Letzigrund Stadion - July 2017
    Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam Arena - July 2017
    Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Veltins Arena - July 2017
    Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion - July 2017
    Hamburg, Germany - Volksparkstadion - July 2017
    Stockholm, Sweden - Friends Arena - July 2017
    Copenhagen, Denmark - Telia Parken - July 2017

now i saw this from an apperant german insider- http://www.ringrocker.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=29784&start=100#1880389

Bacisally mentions that there are 3 confirmed german shows that will take place in Munich, Berlin and Gelsenkirchen tba early december. compare this to the above list (Hamburg is there but not Munich ??)

http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/guns-n-roses-metallica-radiohead-wholl-first-big-gig-rock-redeveloped-pairc/2571775/

would be epic but would take til at least 2018 for a concert to take place there with Health and Safety regs, seating charts, transport etc to be sorted out

I'd suggest none of them, it'll be someone sh te!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

My friend went to see them on the first night in Buenos Aires a couple of weeks ago. She told me rumours in Argentinean media says GnR will be returning in april.

http://www.binaural.es/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/15127422_10210139686589181_298301455_o.jpg

poster that is up in Madrid which may suggest something is happening regards GNR and Spain (imagine a euro tour too)

A random black poster that has the lyrics of a GNR song on it ?

Look lads I want the band to tour Europe and ireland as much as ye do, but all these rumours of a Monday announcement a few weeks back makes us try to pick out meaning that isn't there.

If I've learned anything being a fan of the band for nearly 15 years is that until it's confirmed it isn't.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A random black poster that has the lyrics of a GNR song on it ?

Look lads I want the band to tour Europe and ireland as much as ye do, but all these rumours of a Monday announcement a few weeks back makes us try to pick out meaning that isn't there.

If I've learned anything being a fan of the band for nearly 15 years is that until it's confirmed it isn't.

All we need is just is a little patience

Lol

Advertisement