Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The owl LADS on Joe.ie are getting in on it now

https://www.joe.ie/music/legendary-rock-band-guns-n-roses-close-to-announcing-irish-gig/568302

GNR just announce the thing please

Rumblings of a may 27th Slane date ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Ian Dempsey said this morning he heard from a reliable source that the announcement was coming soon and it was Slane. I hate Slane with the biggest passion so I'm praying for Croker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Ah no, not Slane :(

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_in_This_Lifetime..._Tour#Leg_5

someone has edited in the euro dates and we are down as

Tues 4th July 2017- Aviva Stadium

but with the rumours of CP and Slane i dont knw who to believe but

Please please please please dont be Slane, its too big and a pain in hole to get too

At least with a Stadium gig you will have a good view of the stage wherever you sit/stand and stadiums are easier accisable. Event junkies will be all over slane like the plague (not saying they wont be in CP or the Aviva)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Henry may pull out all the stops to get a 25 year anniversary slot for Slane. Jeez even I remember the '92 gig there, I am getting so old......

• Advertisement

Doubt it id love if they put in temp seating like they did for bon jovi in 2013 in Slane. Im paying money to see the stage not too be stuck behind some tall dudes, i want to go out for a drink and not worry about my place being gone when i get back, VIP circle will be too expensive

hopefully MCD come to there senses and put it in CP or Aviva but Slane will be too tempting for them to turn down and Lord Henry will be pushing for it

the owl SCOM fans will love it though

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Think I'll go see them in France and go to Disneyland as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

horgan_p wrote: »
    Think I'll go see them in France and go to Disneyland as well

Might get double Mickey. Hopefully rasp.

It's between Slane and Croke Park (which I'm hoping for)

If the rumours of the tour starting here are true the date will be the end of May 2017 I'm guessing but start of July has been mentioned (which would indicate there touring Europe July/August/possibly September but why leave June out ???)

Remember CP sometimes hosts concerts late May every year. Bruce and ESB 27/29 May 2016, One Direction 23-27 May 2014 etc and Foo Fighters played Slane late May in 2015 too. The gig could also be held in CP the Tuesday/Wednesday before the Coldplay show( on the 8th July 2017) if it's in July ???

The wiki Euro dates were fake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The owl LADS on Joe.ie are getting in on it now

https://www.joe.ie/music/legendary-rock-band-guns-n-roses-close-to-announcing-irish-gig/568302

GNR just announce the thing please

Rumblings of a may 27th Slane date ?

They probably got that rumour from this thread the robbing bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Announcement of the Dublin date coming soon :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Posted by Joe.ie on the 23rd March 2017

Guns N Roses to Rock Dublin ????

This saga is going on and on you should see all the GNR fan fourms lol

Posted by Joe.ie on the 23rd March 2017

Guns N Roses to Rock Dublin ????

This saga is going on and on you should see all the GNR fan fourms lol

I've read that article, but nowhere does it mention March 23rd 2017 as a date for the show..

Everyone should know by now, that Guns operates on Axl time, and not everybody else's time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

I've read that article, but nowhere does it mention March 23rd 2017 as a date for the show..

Everyone should know by now, that Guns operates on Axl time, and not everybody else's time

and no better buck to wear those watches were its impossible to tell what time it actually is
    😂😂😂

It was meant to be a joke. That date will come and there still will be no official confirmation and the rumours will still be the same lol

He has gotten a lot better on this tour with his time keeping, performances and his antics. Possibly it's a contract thing. The Axl Rose of 2016 seems a million miles away from the Axl Rose who acted the prick in the o2 back in 2010

It was meant to be a joke. That date will come and there still will be no official confirmation and the rumours will still be the same lol

He has gotten a lot better on this tour with his time keeping, performances and his antics. Possibly it's a contract thing. The Axl Rose of 2016 seems a million miles away from the Axl Rose who acted the prick in the o2 back in 2010

Whooshed over my head, sorry :p, if there's anything to be learned with following Guns N' Roses, it's just a little patience that's required..

Or he saw the tight ship/professionalism Angus was running with AC/DC and decided to apply that to himself and Guns, doubt it'd be a contract thing. But yeah TL;DR - This Axl > Axl of 2010..

But yeah TL;DR - This Axl > Axl of 2010..

'Heres the deal One more bottle we go home'

so funny watching that video now and it is comical, he warns the crowd and then heads straight back into WTTJ and starts his dancing thing looking like a bit of a weirdo lol. Left that night when the house lights came on and was on the Luas heading to Bus Aras when we heard they came back on stage :(:(:(:(

I remember the relief in 2012 when the same part of WTTJ was played and there was no stoppages. Axl loved that show in 2012 and most of us that were there that night forgave him for 2010

Its a pretty cool thing to say you experienced an Axl Rose hissy fit live in person :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

How many Tuesdays are there left in the year ? Jesus that phrase "soon is the word" is back.

But yeah TL;DR - This Axl > Axl of 2010..

'Heres the deal One more bottle we go home'

so funny watching that video now and it is comical, he warns the crowd and then heads straight back into WTTJ and starts his dancing thing looking like a bit of a weirdo lol. Left that night when the house lights came on and was on the Luas heading to Bus Aras when we heard they came back on stage :(:(:(:(

I remember the relief in 2012 when the same part of WTTJ was played and there was no stoppages. Axl loved that show in 2012 and most of us that were there that night forgave him for 2010

Its a pretty cool thing to say you experienced an Axl Rose hissy fit live in person :D:D

I remember it well. I was staying in the Gibson accross the road, so sat it out. Was surprised when he came back on with his hand bandaged. Vocals were great as he stood in one spot all night, but it took from the performance. Was talking to one of the o2 security after the 2012 gig who was there that night. He told me Axl hit Denis desmond that night as he left the o2 and was walking up the street when stopped and told if he didn't finish he didn't get a penny. Funny thing is that they actually hit the stage 10 mins later in 2012. I think the crowd seemed rowdy in 2010 when I was going in.

gooner99 wrote: »
    I remember it well. I was staying in the Gibson accross the road, so sat it out. Was surprised when he came back on with his hand bandaged. Vocals were great as he stood in one spot all night, but it took from the performance. Was talking to one of the o2 security after the 2012 gig who was there that night. He told me Axl hit Denis desmond that night as he left the o2 and was walking up the street when stopped and told if he didn't finish he didn't get a penny. Funny thing is that they actually hit the stage 10 mins later in 2012. I think the crowd seemed rowdy in 2010 when I was going in.

how weird would it be too see Axl rose (in full silver suit and hat) walking up the North Wall Quay lol. Heard he hit Denis Desmond backstage but thought it was BS about him leaving the Arena and walking up the street. Obvs Desmond and Axl made up after becasue they played again in 2012 and hopefully will again soon ???

There were a lot of drunks and scum there that night in 2010 who had no interest and only wanted to cause trouble. The next GNR will attract scum as well i think (the boys and girls from finglas and Ballymun will head out for the day for SCOM lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

how weird would it be too see Axl rose (in full silver suit and hat) walking up the North Wall Quay lol. Heard he hit Denis Desmond backstage but thought it was BS about him leaving the Arena and walking up the street. Obvs Desmond and Axl made up after becasue they played again in 2012 and hopefully will again soon ???

There were a lot of drunks and scum there that night in 2010 who had no interest and only wanted to cause trouble. The next GNR will attract scum as well i think (the boys and girls from finglas and Ballymun will head out for the day for SCOM lol)

Stupid comment

In fairness there was an atmosphere that night that I noticed first on entry that simply wasn't there in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

:confused: must feel great being as privileged as yerself! interesting...
    It was the best thing I saw in my life worth every cent. Desire, streets, lights, bad highlights for me. A bit sad I didn't hear ishfwilf or one but happy I got hear desire (my fav u2 song).

I fear nothing is going to top this show until u2 play again on the next tour.

You do know you were being sung to by a fella from Finglas right? Seems you enjoyed it immensely anyway :D

:confused: must feel great being as privileged as yerself! interesting...

You do know you were being sung to by a fella from Finglas right? Seems you enjoyed it immensely anyway :D

It's only a joke. That u2 show was actually a year ago today amazing show

Saw on GNRs Nighttrain that there is GNR billboards up in Canada which would indicate a tour happening there next summer

http://dgw03wraj2rbg.cloudfront.net/monthly_2016_11/DDC85044-D902-4D33-A5DB-7EC1600C5D20-896-0000054B95908D96_tmp.png.88da0335e3c5dcf1b87188adecbfe7ec.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

4th july the aviva is the latest ive seen on some spanish site
    http://mariskalrock.com/index.php/2016/11/23/son-estas-las-fechas-de-la-gira-europea-de-guns-n-roses-concierto-en-madrid-y-barcelona/

but sure at this stage fuc knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

I heard there was bottles of piss being thrown at the time in 2010. I enjoyed both gigs.

RayK0309 wrote: »
    I heard there was bottles of piss being thrown at the time in 2010. I enjoyed both gigs.

Yeah could well be. they were selling plastic bottles of beer inside. RDS in 06 was great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's only a joke. That u2 show was actually a year ago today amazing show

Well I can't agree with tarnishing a whole bunch of people because of where they're from and then passed of as a joke...but hey that's me

Yeah I was at that gig myself twas great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frankletanc

Dya remember the fella that used to drive around in the GNR truck?! That was deadly. Wonder whatever happened to him

• Advertisement

The latest

There have been Patience billboards popping up in parts of US and Canada suggesting a tour may happen there next summer (rumours of them playing stadiums there is growing on GNR social media)

Potentially the tour may take place early next summer and then they will hit Europe next July or Europe may not see the band til 2018 ???

Advertisement