Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Stop torturing yourself with the "will they or won't they" tour Europe.. They'll announce a European tour when they're well and ready to do so.

And there are no rumours on any of Guns social media platforms about a US/Canada tour next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Stop torturing yourself with the "will they or won't they" tour Europe.. They'll announce a European tour when they're well and ready to do so.

And there are no rumours on any of Guns social media platforms about a US/Canada tour next summer.
    Well said old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Euro promoters not offering enough $$$$$ that's why a 2nd North American leg is happening

Here is tv add that appeared on US TV last nigh

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-teases-more-u-s-tour-dates-in-2017/

"Euro promoters not offering enough $$$$$ that's why a 2nd North American leg is happening"

That's a massive assumption to make, and you're basing it off what exactly? A 30 second television advert :rolleyes:

"Euro promoters not offering enough $$$$$ that's why a 2nd North American leg is happening"

That's a massive assumption to make, and you're basing it off what exactly? A 30 second television advert :rolleyes:

taking the info from this

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/214975-rumored-concert-date-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4304573

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Anyone see the watch Axl designed? https://goo.gl/images/h81tkP

PTH2009 wrote: »
    "Euro promoters not offering enough $$$ that's why a 2nd North American leg is happening"

taking the info from this

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/214975-rumored-concert-date-thread/&do=findComment&comment=4304573
    Mygnr ? Really ? FFS that place is nut house and has been shown up by the respected poster lithium93 and others to be horse****.

As others have said PTH2009 until there is an official announcement then these rumours are just that. Just rumours.

Sometimes they get stuff right, sometimes they don't.

Wait for the official announcement instead of torturing yourself..

Sometimes they get stuff right, sometimes they don't.

Wait for the official announcement instead of torturing yourself..

When have mygnr got anything right ? It's worse then HTGTH but just barely.

Also I listened to the album Chinese democracy and Shackler's Revenge is a ****e song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Looks like this lad was on the sauce again

Looks like this lad was on the sauce again

Me ? I wasn't actually.

I actually think Shackler's Revenge is one of the best songs on Chinese Democracy.

Plus Axl's meaning behind the lyrics is kinda interesting in that it was they came about after the Virginia Tech massacre of 2007 and the perpetrator's preference for the Guns song Mr. Brownstone, or the "senseless school shootings" that came before...
    Shackler's was inspired by the insanity of senseless school shootings and also the media trying desperately to make more out of one shooter's preference for the Guns song Brownstone to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

I actually think Shackler's Revenge is one of the best songs on Chinese Democracy.

Plus Axl's meaning behind the lyrics is kinda interesting in that it was they came about after the Virginia Tech massacre of 2007 and the perpetrator's preference for the Guns song Mr. Brownstone, or the "senseless school shootings" that came before...

Totally agree, I think it's one of the best songs on Chinese Democracy along with Better, Street of Dreams, TWAT, Madagascar and This I Love.

As for the reunion tour, it's easy to see that Axl calls the shots. Has Slash playing Better, Chinese Democracy etc live but I bet you won't see Axl singing Slither, Starlight or World on Fire.

Would be really surprised if they went back touring us without doing Europe first. Am probably alone in hoping they do Slane, would be 25 years since the 1992 show. Don't remember much of that show other than the crowd being completely mental, they opening with Nightrain and Axl refusing to appease the fans chanting for Get in the Ring!!

Layne wrote: »
    Totally agree, I think it's one of the best songs on Chinese Democracy along with Better, Street of Dreams, TWAT, Madagascar and This I Love.

As for the reunion tour, it's easy to see that Axl calls the shots. Has Slash playing Better, Chinese Democracy etc live but I bet you won't see Axl singing Slither, Starlight or World on Fire.

Would be really surprised if they went back touring us without doing Europe first. Am probably alone in hoping they do Slane, would be 25 years since the 1992 show. Don't remember much of that show other than the crowd being completely mental, they opening with Nightrain and Axl refusing to appease the fans chanting for Get in the Ring!!

Kinda like the title track as well, but Shackler's, Better, Street Of Dreams, TWAT, Madagascar, This I Love would be the heavy hitters on the album.

Reunion tour - I wouldn't say it's just Axl calling the shots, it's probably between him, Slash, Duff, the others follow.. Plus Slash playing the Chinese stuff was of his own choosing, you'd have to go back quiet a few pages, an olive branch to Axl, though I wish they'd mix it up a bit in terms of songs in the set, but it all comes to if Axl can/could be able to sing them..

Layne wrote: »

would love to hear Axl do some Velvet Rev songs such as Slither and Fall to Pieces. World of Fire with Axl vocals would rock

Time will tell about euro dates. The SA leg ends next Wednesday and they begin the Asia/Oceania dates on the 21st Jan 2017. A july start for the euro tour with a Croke Park date to begin it (my guess Wed 5th July, 3 days before Coldplays Show there, they can put up GNRS stage straight after the Leinster Hurling final on the 2nd July and set up Coldplays the day after GNRS show)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Axl singing Anastasia would be the best thing ever.

http://www.hotpress.com/Guns-NRoses/news/Mysterious-Guns-N-Roses-Posters-Spotted/19186757.html?r15=1

hopefully its announced before Xmas

Croker Or the Aviva is the big question ???

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

I heard that Croker won't be available if the Leinster hurling final goes to a replay. So Croker, around July 8th is my guess!

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    I heard that Croker won't be available if the Leinster hurling final goes to a replay. So Croker, around July 8th is my guess!

Leinster final is on the 2nd July and Coldplay play there the 8th July. GNR might play the stadium 4th or 5th July or the week after Coldplay (next GAA match is set to take place the 16th July)

Aviva is free all of July and August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Ah my bad, well that's why Croke Park isn't available! I put 2 and 2 together and got 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

http://www.hotpress.com/Guns-NRoses/news/Mysterious-Guns-N-Roses-Posters-Spotted/19186757.html?r15=1

hopefully its announced before Xmas

Croker Or the Aviva is the big question ???

I thought it was abroad!!!???

I thought it was abroad!!!???

Apparently The posters are showing up in Dublin

There's a WTTJ billboard up in Kilmainham (are they suggesting the gig may take place at the Royal hospital ??)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently The posters are showing up in Dublin

There's a WTTJ billboard up in Kilmainham (are they suggesting the gig may take place at the Royal hospital ??)

Way too small for Guns

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Anyone interested in Green Day, they are coming to Dublin, don't think they have played here in years, saw them in Marley Park they were brilliant. And they are playing in the royal hospital kilmaynan, never heard that used as a concert venue? Is that near kilmaynan jail?

The band seem very emotional about the Chapecoense soccer team plane crash and have posted a tribute to them on there social media profiles

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNaaCC_g602/
    I wonder will they delay the tour announcement as a mark of respect?

Imagine its it in Dublin the venue will be Croke Park or the Aviva (there's big rumours it will be there as someone else has Croke Park booked for next year)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dates must be near, some video at a bus station with the Arnhem name appearing on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUv75v-G2YM

A seating plan for Olympic Stadium in London has emerged. I give in, it's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Mushy wrote: »
    A seating plan for Olympic Stadium in London has emerged. I give in, it's happening.

Saw that so info regarding Wembley being included as a date was rubbish

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »

Saw that so info regarding Wembley being included as a date was rubbish

Dates themselves may be sound, maybe not locations though. I'm hoping, if it is the 4th here, that they play NOS Alive in Portugal two days later.

Advertisement