Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Croke Park for here hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Same posters in London. Just a matter of giving the dates and on sale dates now.

Let's hope it works out for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Someone just posted in the Gigs & Events thread that an insider in Ticketmaster(I think?) has said that Slane Castle will be announced next Friday, with the gig scheduled to take place on Saturday, 27th May 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Ugh. If Lord Whatever his name is wasn't in with the media luvvys, that place would have been shut down years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Someone just posted in the Gigs & Events thread that an insider in Ticketmaster(I think?) has said that Slane Castle will be announced next Friday, with the gig scheduled to take place on Saturday, 27th May 2017

Is this the post you saw?
    Just seen someone (Irish person) on a GNR forum has posted that he has been told by a ticketmaster staff member that Guns N' Roses - Slane Castle, 27th May 2017 will be announced on Monday and tickets will be on sale next Friday. Don't shoot the messenger just passing on what I've read.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Is this the post you saw?

Yup

Yup

Be interesting now to see if it actually is announced on Monday..

https://twitter.com/philthrill69/status/804358537132539904

Pity it's not Croke Park or Aviva (they would of been way better venues)

Golden Circle for me I'd say if it's Slane

PTH2009 wrote: »

Is that legit?

Doubt that's legit, wait til Monday.

• Advertisement

Is that legit?

Seems but never heard of the guy

So Slane is in Dublin as all the billboard/posters are up around Dublin ?? Damn Americans and there lack of Irish geography lol

Would do cartwheels if CP got announced Monday instead lol

Seems but never heard of the guy

So Slane is in Dublin as all the billboard/posters are up around Dublin ?? Damn Americans and there lack of Irish geography lol

Would do cartwheels if CP got announced Monday instead lol

Lol! Hope it'll be a Dublin gig as Slane is a god awful place to get to/from

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Who the hell is Phil Thrill??

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Who the hell is Phil Thrill??

It's a username I'd say

Don't know why I/we are saying Monday, could be sooner. Mate tagged me on GNR Facebook thing, looked like the pre-cursor to an announcement under heading of Patience!

Mushy wrote: »
    Don't know why I/we are saying Monday, could be sooner. Mate tagged me on GNR Facebook thing, looked like the pre-cursor to an announcement under heading of Patience!

A Slash fan site(I think?), posted that same thing too on Facebook.

Slash Army UK, shared the "Patience... 2017" teaser..

Slash Army UK, shared the "Patience... 2017" teaser..

Ta! That's the one!

Ta! That's the one!

Apparently the guy who runs that page is very close to Slash and his people..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

• Advertisement

Possible tour dates aside, the band brought some people onstage at their Mexican show last night to beat a Donald Trump pinata, with Axl saying
    Let’s bring in some people. And give them a f—ing stick. I just want you to express yourself, however you feel..

http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_vip.php

I wonder will this be available for the show ??

I wonder how much Golden Circle will be ??

gooner99 wrote: »

Edit: </snip> yes I can!!

gooner99 wrote: »

Can't open the link

Works fine for me. 29th June

Possible tour dates aside, the band brought some people onstage at their Mexican show last night to beat a Donald Trump pinata, with Axl saying

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I wonder how much Golden Circle will be ??

Well there's one for Sweden anyway as can be seen in above link, rip off no doubt for mugs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

I always thought that Guns were an mcd thing? I thought Aiken had an announcement on Monday for some country music festival on Monday. Surely they wouldn't announce two big gigs on the same day if that tweet is to be believed? I would prefer croker or the aviva 100 times over slane any day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Much to my disappointment Ive been told by a good source its Slane and that Bieber got Croker. I really hope they are wrong as foo fighters was a mess. Missed so much queing for the toilets not allowed bring food or water and then massive queues to get either.... it was disgraceful. I swore id never go again but guns n roses.... cant miss that. Getting married on the 10th of june so long as its before that or in July im good, im already missing aerosmith and radiohead im calling it all off if they announce june as well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

I am buzzing for this announcement, I really don't care where it's being held as CP AVIVA or Slane would be great, I'll be camping over night if it's slane tho so much handier, I just hope the date is not mid June as my girlfriend is due our first child and I'd hate for her to have the baby on her own :D

• Advertisement

kg703 wrote: »
    Much to my disappointment Ive been told by a good source its Slane and that Bieber got Croker. I really hope they are wrong as foo fighters was a mess. Missed so much queing for the toilets not allowed bring food or water and then massive queues to get either.... it was disgraceful. I swore id never go again but guns n roses.... cant miss that. Getting married on the 10th of june so long as its before that or in July im good, im already missing aerosmith and radiohead im calling it all off if they announce june as well!!

Don't really drink at concerts and this will be my first time at Slane so I'm going to go for golden Circle or seated ticket (If they put a stand in)

Advertisement