Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

If it's slane I might try seeing if I can get tickets for the Olympic stadium gig. I have the night train membership so I should be good for the presale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't really drink at concerts and this will be my first time at Slane so I'm going to go for golden Circle or seated ticket (If they put a stand in)

If gold circle has good toilet access ill happily do that. Couldnt go seated to GnR. Just couldnt. Although tickets will be the next problem how many will be on seatwave .6 of a second after they go on sale?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

kg703 wrote: »
    Much to my disappointment Ive been told by a good source its Slane and that Bieber got Croker. I really hope they are wrong as foo fighters was a mess. Missed so much queing for the toilets not allowed bring food or water and then massive queues to get either.... it was disgraceful. I swore id never go again but guns n roses.... cant miss that. Getting married on the 10th of june so long as its before that or in July im good, im already missing aerosmith and radiohead im calling it all off if they announce june as well!!

If it IS going to be Slane, I think I'll be giving it a miss.....? Dump

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone who's been told by a "source", I'm not doubting ye, but i'm calling bullsh*t until I see something solid on either the band's Facebook or Twitter.

If it IS going to be Slane, I think I'll be giving it a miss.....? Dump

Would you go to say England to see them if they do play Slane here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

https://twitter.com/philthrill69/status/804358537132539904

Pity it's not Croke Park or Aviva (they would of been way better venues)

Golden Circle for me I'd say if it's Slane

Ah for F*ck sake, I've never been there but never wanted to go there either, is it in the middle of nowhere?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Would you go to say England to see them if they do play Slane here?

I'd love to. I'd have to have someone travel with me as I have a disability though

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Anybody else see this poster in Pearse St today? Apparently they did a the same teaser posters in the USE earlier this year..

Fender76 wrote: »
    Anybody else see this poster in Pearse St today? Apparently they did a the same teaser posters in the USE earlier this year..

They're all over Europe apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

im surprised at how wrong the Irish press were regarding the Venue. A lot of them had Croke Park nailed down and not many of them mentioned Slane

heading to the UK to see them id say (good chance of Izzy showing up at a london gig, not saying he would not turn up at slane either)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Heard them saying on Nova breakfast this morning that they have a big gig announcement on Monday so must be GNR. I've accepted that it's going to be Slane, I've always had a nagging feeling especially with the 25th anniversary. But if it is then feck it. It will be a great day out, even if it takes us all three hours to get back to the buses!

Just out of interest how many in here were at the original Slane gig? I was 17 at the time and I remember a brilliant day. Warm sunny weather, no trouble, just fans out to see an already legendary band in their pomp. I can recall the lengthy delay between Faith No More and GNR, the flattened paper Coke cups being thrown into the air like confetti...then the place going fecking mental when they finally came out and those magical opening seconds of Nightrain kicked things off.

I won't complain if it's Croker though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

im surprised at how wrong the Irish press were regarding the Venue. A lot of them had Croke Park nailed down and not many of them mentioned Slane

heading to the UK to see them id say (good chance of Izzy showing up at a london gig, not saying he would not turn up at slane either)

What venue ? There hasn't been a concert date announced yet PTH. A source isn't a confirmation. I mean with this band many things were meant to happen but over the years haven't. Like lithium said a page back and I agree. Can we all just relax about "sources" and dates on wikipedia for one second ?

I like everyone here will be as happy a camper as anyone when in all likelihood they announce a European tour with hopefully an Irish date. BUT Until it's on gunsnroses.com then it's all rumour and speculation.

Btw I can't see any guns n roses on that Swedish ticketmaster site.
    This thread shouldn't turn into mygnr and HTGTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It'll be around the UK dates, which don't appear to fit into the may 27th Slane date. Unless of course the UK dates are first up, then Slane and on to bilbao.

The date has come off Swedish ticketmaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Heard them saying on Nova breakfast this morning that they have a big gig announcement on Monday so must be GNR. I've accepted that it's going to be Slane, I've always had a nagging feeling especially with the 25th anniversary. But if it is then feck it. It will be a great day out, even if it takes us all three hours to get back to the buses!

Just out of interest how many in here were at the original Slane gig? I was 17 at the time and I remember a brilliant day. Warm sunny weather, no trouble, just fans out to see an already legendary band in their pomp. I can recall the lengthy delay between Faith No More and GNR, the flattened paper Coke cups being thrown into the air like confetti...then the place going fecking mental when they finally came out and those magical opening seconds of Nightrain kicked things off.

A big gig announcement ? Did they say it was for GNR ? Again no one gig has been anounced yet. If it does end up being slane then fair enough but asssuming things and speculation doesn't get us anywhere.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

A big gig announcement ? Did they say it was for GNR ? Again no one gig has been anounced yet. If it does end up being slane then fair enough but asssuming things and speculation doesn't get us anywhere.

I'm laid off work and bored, have nothing else to do but speculate. Although I'm just refusing to believe it'll be Slane more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Maybe not but I'd say most people see it as a bit of harmless fun.

Most of the time I go to gig's on my own and Slane is not an option for a lone gig goer. I never went there or anywhere around the area

I can imagine the date and venue will be unofficially announced in a weekend paper

Most of the time I go to gig's on my own and Slane is not an option for a lone gig goer. I never went there or anywhere around the area

In what way? I saw people on busses from Cork to Slane for foos on their own. It's same as any gig.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I would pop into a gig in Dublin on my own but no way I would go to Slane. That is more of a day out kinda thing. Crap Venue imo. I remember in 1992 walking up a pitch black road with the only light provided by parked buses. Ages searching for the bus to get home and lots and lots of walking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

**** Slane. I'll catch them next time round.

wish they would announce the dates

Looks like its the UK for me but if it's in Croke Park or Aviva I'm there. Will only go to Slane as a last resort

I'm seeing them next year as it could be the last tour they possibly do in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

RayK0309 wrote: »
    **** Slane. I'll catch them next time round.

If there's going to be a next time? This could be a farewell tour?

Plus Slash is looking at getting back to his band with Myles and the rest of the Conspirators in 2018..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Plus Slash is looking at getting back to his band with Myles and the rest of the Conspirators in 2018..

They rule. Them in the Olympia was one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    They rule. Them in the Olympia was one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Charlie Sheen doing the intro's on night 1, I had planned to do both nights, but alas family stuff scuppered said plans..

I got the impression that there will be new music after this tour cycle. I can't imagine Slash is going to commit to anything too serious with his band. I don't know anything about how he works with them though! I just can't do Slane and like someone else said, it doesn't seem like a place I want to go by myself. Slane was really really bad the last time I was there.

RayK0309 wrote: »
    I got the impression that there will be new music after this tour cycle. I can't imagine Slash is going to commit to anything too serious with his band. I don't know anything about how he works with them though! I just can't do Slane and like someone else said, it doesn't seem like a place I want to go by myself. Slane was really really bad the last time I was there.

New music as part of a cash grab box set and an announcement that they're splitting maybe?

• Advertisement

New music as part of a cash grab box set and an announcement that they're splitting maybe?

and two nights in Croker! Hell, I've waited a couple of decades already. What's another couple of years!?

Advertisement