Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Headshot wrote: »
    lads how are you getting your tickets booked early and for a someone who has never been to Slane.

Where you recommend getting a ticket for?

You have to sign up for nighttrain membership for 45 dollars but you can buy 4 tix then so I did with two mates, you only need one account, and split the 45 between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭gooner99

Just wondering what is the best option for accomodation or travel. Coming down from Donegal so will have to overnight. Have the option of staying in Whitehall, or could book somewhere else closer. Could even drive back up towards home a bit after. Anyone know of options that might suit. Hotels, b&b, buses, taxi, own car (parking)?

I'd assume start and finish times would generally be earlier than city venue's?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nightrain pre-sale info below for ya.

Nightrain Fan Club
    Start: Mon 05/12/16, 10:00
    End: Thu 08/12/16, 22:00

Thanks man got sorted I signed up to night train and got my gold circle tickets I'm so happy right now, did you get yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Thanks man got sorted I signed up to night train and got my gold circle tickets I'm so happy right now, did you get yours?

I didn't yet, but first thing Friday morning..

It's been reported on mygnrforum that you could buy 4 for slane via ticketmaster.ie and then buy 4 for slane via ticketmaster.co.uk using the same code and so on through the different European sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I didn't yet, but first thing Friday morning..

Sweet, best of luck and roll on may

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Headshot wrote: »
    lads how are you getting your tickets booked early and for a someone who has never been to Slane.

Where you recommend getting a ticket for?

The Olympic stadium in London

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

From some of the reaction in here you'd swear the gig was taking place on some god forsaken rock off the west coast that you could only reach by ferry and donkey.

Slane is a great historic venue, loads of bands have played there without a hitch. Personally speaking, Croker or Aviva would have been much handier for me as I live within a few miles of both but it really doesn't bother me because I'm going to see a band that I never thought I'd see again. I've been to four Slane gigs, the sound was fantastic and I've never had a problem with getting in or out of the venue. I've also been to plenty of Croker gigs and while the location is great the sound has been shockingly bad every time.

If you're not going because you hate Slane that's fine, that's your call. But it's time to get over it. We already have someone sniffily claiming that the London gig will be better than Slane...how on earth can you possibly say that and keep a straight face?! Enough with the negativity and let the rest of us look forward to what will hopefully be a great day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Kaiser84 wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    FFS Slane. I mean in all fairness.

Better than nothing. We'd all have snapped hands for this not so long ago
    Oh i know it is and this time last year we weren't even sure if we'd get this line up. I've had a **** day today and I'd be going on my own and the horror stories from some got me worried and that's why I posted what I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I've never been to Slane.

What's the story on driving there myself. I presume they'll be car parks? They'll be a field yeah? What sort of price will they be looking for, will they be organised so it won't be a case of sitting there for ages waiting to get out after the gig? And what if it rains!!!!!

Can anyone share their driving experiences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

ozzy jr wrote: »

What's the story on driving there myself. I presume they'll be car parks? They'll be a field yeah? What sort of price will they be looking for, will they be organised so it won't be a case of sitting there for ages waiting to get out after the gig? And what if it rains!!!!!

It'll be mental trying to get in and out(unless Slane has upped its game?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

After moaning about the venue all day I booked tickets, feck it. Although looking at my receipt it cost € 272 for 2 general admission with fanclub membership. Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

After moaning about the venue all day I booked tickets, feck it. Although looking at my receipt it cost € 272 for 2 general admission with fanclub membership. Is that right?

Having a scazz there's 2 types of membership anyway maybe you went for the higher tier?...madness regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

ozzy jr wrote: »

If you get there early - like 7/8am early you'll have no issues getting parking. It's in a field near the venue.

Getting out is a different story, don't think there's any way around the congestion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

The actual venue of Slane is superb - Saw the Stones there and the gig was immense but the logistics are pretty crap at best.

Its a simple question:

Is the 2 hours of GNR worth the pain of:
    1. Being treated like a animal
    2. Bring fleeced for drink/food
    3. The Long slow and frustrating journey home
    4. Potentially the pissings of rain

If it is then you will have a great time - if it's not then you'll pretty much hate the day.

Personally I have not yet decided if its worth it - age has a lot to do with it - I would have been an automatic 'yes' years ago - not so sure now.

Look at AC/DC a few years ago - the O2 gig was perfection whilst the Punchestown gig was a farce - Non-Arena & Non-Stadium gigs are pretty painful IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Utah wrote: »
    If you get there early - like 7/8am early you'll have no issues getting parking. It's in a field near the venue.

Getting out is a different story, don't think there's any way around the congestion

All you need is a little Patience.

:cool:

I'll see myself out.

Solution, club together and hire a helicopter. Of course we'll need to keep the air clear for Axl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is it all standing at Slane? Can u get seated tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

gooner99 wrote: »

I think the concessions are food stalls. I don't remember seeing seating bar that VIP area. If it's dry it's possible to sit on the ground between acts alright.

• Advertisement

Where would the raised platform for people with disabilities likely to be situated?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

We already have someone sniffily claiming that the London gig will be better than Slane...how on earth can you possibly say that and keep a straight face?! Enough with the negativity and let the rest of us look forward to what will hopefully be a great day out.
    if you are referring to my comment, I can compare between the 2 as I went to both Use Your Illusion gigs back in 91 in Wembley & 92 in Slane and the Wembley gig was far better

Atmosphere could not be compared...and I would imagine the London stadium wouldn't be too far off Wembley

I'm not the only one thinking Slane is not the most ideal place for a concert. Logistics are a total nightmare, Went to the Neil Young and GnR gigs back in the 90's there and I hope things have changed but from the sound of it they haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Where would the raised platform for people with disabilities likely to be situated?
    Its right beside the VIP section next to the castle..if you look at the above post from gooner99 you can see a photo of the view from there although you actually have a much closer view than how it seems in the picture. Because the carpark for people with disabilities is the closest to the Castle it takes literally 5 minutes to get in..just bear in mind that because it is so close the gardai dont allow people to exit that carpark for quite a while afterwards because of the amount of pedestrians but lets face it..NOBODY gets out of Slane quickly unless they leave early or stay the night.

Its right beside the VIP section next to the castle..if you look at the above post from gooner99 you can see a photo of the view from there although you actually have a much closer view than how it seems in the picture. Because the carpark for people with disabilities is the closest to the Castle it takes literally 5 minutes to get in..just bear in mind that because it is so close the gardai dont allow people to exit that carpark for quite a while afterwards because of the amount of pedestrians but lets face it..NOBODY gets out of Slane quickly unless they leave early or stay the night.

It's 20 odd years since I last went to Slane, so I can't remember what the layout was/is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I have all four of my pre-release tickets now for the greatest band of all time (including of course the best singer of all time, W. Axl Rose; best lead guitar of all time Slash, and best bass guitar of all time Duff McKagan).

Hopefully the best drummer of all time Steve "Popcorn" Adler might make an appearance at this show as he did at others, although it looks unlikely that the best rythm guitarist of all time Izzy Stradlin will be there.

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I have all four of my pre-release tickets now for the greatest band of all time (including of course the best singer of all time, W. Axl Rose; best lead guitar of all time Slash, and best bass guitar of all time Duff McKagan).

Hopefully the best drummer of all time Steve "Popcorn" Adler might make an appearance at this show as he did at others, although it looks unlikely that the best rythm guitarist of all time Izzy Stradlin will be there.

We need to find an Irish link for Steven and invite him over at that time and sure when he's here he might as well hit a few drums.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Risteard81 wrote: »

Axl & Slash agreed in their fields

Adler & McKagan - come on...not even top 10 (Adler not even in top 20)

I can think of a few bassists off the top of my head now that would be well above McKagan (Flea, Burton, McCartney, Sting)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wouldn't call Axl the best singer of all time, that title belongs to Freddie Mercury even though he's been dead 25 years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

Is tickets out for this yet. Will they be online or record store sales?

Advertisement