Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wouldn't call Axl the best singer of all time, that title belongs to Freddie Mercury even though he's been dead 25 years.
    W. Axl Rose is unquestionably the greatest singer ever to have lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

mcneil wrote: »
    Is tickets out for this yet. Will they be online or record store sales?
    Pre-release only until 10p.m.
    Public sales open at 9a.m. tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Risteard81 wrote: »
    W. Axl Rose is unquestionably the greatest singer ever to have lived.

An agree to disagree situation so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

An agree to disagree situation so.

Gotta agree with Lithium here even if I am soooo excited that I enjoy the hyperbole :) If I could pick any performer live or dead to see it'd Freddie. But I'll take adding seeing live Axl and Slash to my other favorite lead guitar I've seen in Brian May and my favourite of all time drummer in Neil Peart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Wouldn't call Axl the best singer of all time, that title belongs to Freddie Mercury even though he's been dead 25 years.

Yeah hard to disagree with that one. I do think Axl is the greatest frontman ever in terms of what he brought overall to the table. Long haired screaming rock frontmen were ten a penny back in the day but he had something that set him a million miles apart from the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads whats the Castle VIP Compound tickets like?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,634 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Risteard81 wrote: »
    I have all four of my pre-release tickets now for the greatest band of all time (including of course the best singer of all time, W. Axl Rose; best lead guitar of all time Slash, and best bass guitar of all time Duff McKagan).

Hopefully the best drummer of all time Steve "Popcorn" Adler might make an appearance at this show as he did at others, although it looks unlikely that the best rythm guitarist of all time Izzy Stradlin will be there.

My man

*high five*

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A question do you need to have used ticketmaster before to be able to buy tickets ? It's just I've found out through my brother that my mother has planned on getting me a ticket for GNR for Christmas/birthday in January. Now I had planned on trying to get them tomorrow but I've signed up to ticketmaster before and have an account. I don't want her to know I know what she's planning to do but I'm worried you'll need an account to buy tickets and she wouldn't know what to do in that situation and won't be able to get them. And I could end up with two tickets or none.

sugarman wrote: »
    Pretty sure you do, dont think theres a guest option.

Why not just try to get one for yourself and dont say anything if you do get one, if she also gets you one just sell one. You'd get rid of it no bother!

Thanks so if she hasn't used it before(I'm almost certain she hasn't) she won't be able to get one without an account then I'll get one and say nothing.

Well tried and got a ticket but verified by visa decided to ask me for a password i've not needed to use in ages so I'm locked out and cant get a ticket. ****ing marvelous. so even though there are tickets I can't ring bank of Ireland so yeah.

well enjoy lads who are going. I'm not paying through the nose for tickets either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well tried and got a ticket but verified by visa decided to ask me for a password i've not needed to use in ages so I'm locked out and cant get a ticket. ****ing marvelous. so even though there are tickets I can't ring bank of Ireland so yeah.

well enjoy lads who are going. I'm not paying through the nose for tickets either.

General Admission tickets are still available and it's only taking seconds to get through. The initial chaos seems to have passed. Get onto your bank ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

You can ring ticket master and book by phone, my friend couldn't get them online so booked them over the phone. I just checked ticketmaster and there are tickets available.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    General Admission tickets are still available and it's only taking seconds to get through. The initial chaos seems to have passed. Get onto your bank ASAP.

I'm in work on the work pc and i used my phone to book the tickets. Ticketmaster doesn't work on whatever filter they use. It's not giving me general admission anyway. If I cancel on my phone ill probably start again. Anyway doesn't matter. I'm surprised I got through.

I'm in work on the work pc and i used my phone to book the tickets. Ticketmaster doesn't work on whatever filter they use. It's not giving me general admission anyway. If I cancel on my phone ill probably start again. Anyway doesn't matter. I'm surprised I got through.

I don't think you will be asked the verified visa by password. Best of luck.

What's Gold B like out of interest?

fin12 wrote: »
    I don't think you will be asked the verified visa by password. Best of luck.

Oh believe me fin12 of all the things I expected to see this morning. Verified by visa. not one of them. I can't remember when I had to use verified by visa last. I actually can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Headshot wrote: »
    What's Gold B like out of interest?

I went for the Gold as it's the best option. Up close and there will be some breathing space towards the back if needed as it's limited capacity.

Beer tent outside to the left hopefully.

More expensive but worth it imo.

Oh believe me fin12 of all the things I expected to see this morning. Verified by visa. not one of them. I can't remember when I had to use verified by visa last. I actually can't.

Ya I hardly use mine either but I got asked it on eBay. So did u manage to get tickets itssoeasy?

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya I hardly use mine either but I got asked it on eBay. So did u manage to get tickets itssoeasy?

On the sneaky I rang bank of Ireland and an absolute GENT helped me out. I took my break early as it's not busy. **** it I'm going to see GNR again. Jesus right back to work. Have a good Friday lads.

On the sneaky I rang bank of Ireland and an absolute GENT helped me out. I took my break early as it's not busy. **** it I'm going to see GNR again. Jesus right back to work. Have a good Friday lads.

You too. :) I've never seen but have been a fan since I was a teenager but they broke up when I was only small.

• Advertisement

I went for the Gold as it's the best option. Up close and there will be some breathing space towards the back if needed as it's limited capacity.

Beer tent outside to the left hopefully.

More expensive but worth it imo.

Ya I went for it 150 one

Initially I went for a general admissions ticket @ Total: € 96.35 but I saw the Gold B coming up and just thought feck it, just get it

So if anyone wants my general admission ticket at face value Total: € 96.35
    send me a pm. It's located section GA1

Roll on May 27th 2017 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

For anyone interested there is a FB page just up looking to try and get Faith no More to support GnR again, just like in 92...

https://www.facebook.com/FaithNoMoreSlane2017

Now that would be an epic day, pun very much intended!!

Roll on May 27th 2017 :D

You got a ticket then brother lithium ? And probably had less problems than my good self. Do I count the last two times I saw axl as guns n roses now with me going to see slash and duff as well or what ?

I'm going to see slash and duff mckagen and axl rose on stage. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭secman

Up to 5pm today it had not sold out... a little bit of a slow burner.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It will be Niall Brezzy Breslin and his Blizzards as per usual. We'll get a sermon between every song about mental health and how running the Brezzy Triathlon will make your depression go away

secman wrote: »
    Up to 5pm today it had not sold out... a little bit of a slow burner.....

Well at half nine this morning I thought I wouldn't have gotten a ticket to tickets being freed up.

It will be Niall Brezzy Breslin and his Blizzards as per usual. We'll get a sermon between every song about mental health and how running the Brezzy Triathlon will make your depression go away
    The blizzards ? I didn't think they'd announced the support act yet.

Second London date added according to the gunsnroses official website.

• Advertisement

Second London date added according to the gunsnroses official website.

Correct..

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/807307133209325568

Advertisement