Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It will be Niall Brezzy Breslin and his Blizzards as per usual. We'll get a sermon between every song about mental health and how running the Brezzy Triathlon will make your depression go away

I ****ing hope not, can't stand Brezzy or The Blizzards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I ****ing hope not, can't stand Brezzy or The Blizzards.
    They seem to slither their way onto the Slane stage most years. They even managed to weasel their way into ACDC at Punchestown. They must have a fantastic manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i've just seen that the touts are selling on an official ticketmaster site?
    mad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

The ****ing blizzards are ****

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭triggerharvey

well lads just wondering will there be buses to and from ashbourne to slane on the day

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You got a ticket then brother lithium ? And probably had less problems than my good self. Do I count the last two times I saw axl as guns n roses now with me going to see slash and duff as well or what ?

I'm going to see slash and duff mckagen and axl rose on stage. :D:D

I did indeed get a ticket, it's gonna be bloody amazing, I'd count them, it was Guns N' Roses (given Axl does own the name)

The minute they hit the stage that Saturday afternoon/evening and launch into It's So Easy, it'll be something to remember forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

well lads just wondering will there be buses to and from ashbourne to slane on the day

oh how ya gonna manage mate-some of us have to travel from cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Slane sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

oh how ya gonna manage mate-some of us have to travel from cork

Have to? :)

Slane sold out

And not a single support act announced yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

And not a single support act announced yet.

No doubt the support will be ****e.

It's a probability, and no doubt the gig being 2 weeks before Download Festival will have done MCD no favours in terms of trying to book support bands..

Guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Random Irish act not even remotely associated musically to Guns to open the day, bigger name rock act directly before them.... Anybody's guesses really...

Wonder if Black Star Riders are doing anything that Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Wonder if Black Star Riders are doing anything that Saturday.

I'd wonder more what Alice in Chains are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've been listening to locomotive most of the morning and it's a brilliant song. I also listened to breakdown which hasn't aged that well or else I thought it was a better sounding song than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Not to sound like I am nitpicking or ungrateful, I have my tickets for slane and can't wait to see them.
    But I have been watching the new tour videos for months on you tube and listening to the older ones also which I always do when browsing the net.

The tempo they are playing is off putting they are way too quick on some songs.
    Especially jungle and paradise city,
    Those songs lose their awsomeness when they are played like that, especially the lead up to jungle is crap and you lose that feeling when they finally kick it off , same with paradise city.

It's like they are making the oldies too complicated ,
    Knocking on heavens door is a wreck compared to how they used to play it.
    It was one the best songs they played in the later shows of the UYI tour.

Slash isn't as good as he was back then either, his tone isn't as smooth and seems to be talking a lot of jibberish with his guitar like going way too fast for the sake of it.
    Where as the beauty of slash was he played it like it should be played regardless if it was one note or a really fast solo. Now it just seems all fast for the sake of it.

On the plus side :-D .....the intro for better is excellent.
    Axl sounds decent,
    Coma,
    They still sound brilliant and I can't wait to see them,
    I just with they would slow it down a bit and maybe watch some videos of the UYI tour to remind them of how they were or maybe get Frank to watch them :-P

The tempo thing is something that has been mentioned before and yes frank is playing the songs too fast at times but as was rightly pointed out if duff and slash weren't happy they'd fix it fairly quickly and they haven't. So you'd have to assume that they have no issue with the speed frank is playing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Yea I saw it mentioned at the start , I thought they might have slowed it down a bit after they got used to each other.
    But they havnt.
    Any way it is what it is , wont make a big difference live I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

We're do you think the band stay ? Might go stalking !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

littelady wrote: »
    We're do you think the band stay ? Might go stalking !

Probably Dublin and will get a hellychopper in, i'd say 4 Seasons (now intercontinental) or The Shelbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Would Guns n Roses still have groupies?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

fin12 wrote: »
    Would Guns n Roses still have groupies?

I'd be first in line if they did. Though since himself bought the tickets, I'd just creepily run my fingers through Slash's hair and be content :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

XsApollo wrote: »
    Not to sound like I am nitpicking or ungrateful, I have my tickets for slane and can't wait to see them.
    But I have been watching the new tour videos for months on you tube and listening to the older ones also which I always do when browsing the net.

The tempo they are playing is off putting they are way too quick on some songs.
    Especially jungle and paradise city,
    Those songs lose their awsomeness when they are played like that, especially the lead up to jungle is crap and you lose that feeling when they finally kick it off , same with paradise city.

It's like they are making the oldies too complicated ,
    Knocking on heavens door is a wreck compared to how they used to play it.
    It was one the best songs they played in the later shows of the UYI tour.

Slash isn't as good as he was back then either, his tone isn't as smooth and seems to be talking a lot of jibberish with his guitar like going way too fast for the sake of it.
    Where as the beauty of slash was he played it like it should be played regardless if it was one note or a really fast solo. Now it just seems all fast for the sake of it.

On the plus side :-D .....the intro for better is excellent.
    Axl sounds decent,
    Coma,
    They still sound brilliant and I can't wait to see them,
    I just with they would slow it down a bit and maybe watch some videos of the UYI tour to remind them of how they were or maybe get Frank to watch them :-P

This was my fear in going to see them again 25yrs on....especially after the UYI tour which was unbelievable. I just cant see these shows matching up to them

When I think back to that tour the one song that sticks out for me as the song of that tour was Civil War....its one of the best songs played live

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Memory Lane

404284.jpg

404285.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,463 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My Nightrain membership is up on the 17th Jan 2017 ands it $45 to renew

not sure what to do, is there any point of renewing with the euro tour already announced and it has no real benefit other than ticket presales ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My Nightrain membership is up on the 17th Jan 2017 ands it $45 to renew

not sure what to do, is there any point of renewing with the euro tour already announced and it has no real benefit other than ticket presales ???

No, just let it go,if they announce another euro tour then join again, simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

I would camp outside the 2 hotels mentioned just for the chance of meeting them....they probably are not all staying in the same hotel with fear of friction ! ....but I have work and wouldn't be near the city 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

now its sold out they will have the worst support ever up there

• Advertisement

I mean steven adler has probably not played back off bitch since 1989 at the least and even though he didn't play it on UYI I it's clear he has can still play.

Advertisement